Old 01-12-2018, 10:25 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3JIou View Post
So after a long break due to technical reasons I realized that Cataclysm has to be redone from scratch. I started working on the new Cataclysm Redone, but first I have to rework all core modules that have been done by other people, or done by me but weren't updated for several months.
back in business I see

Do you intend to make the masteries themselves (plus their gear) a module, just like the modules you have now for e.g. extra loot or monster scaling ?

Will there be a lot of actual changes or is this more an internal rework and bringing everything up to AoM ?
Old 01-12-2018, 11:35 PM
Emissary

Can't wait for the next mod release, this is my favourite mod
Old 01-13-2018, 12:17 AM
Supporter

@mamba
I was going to, but then I realized there's too much stuff related to masteries that has to be merged properly/replaced with quickllot counterparts, etc, I'm afraid I'll get confused pretty much quickly so I think I won't make them as standalone mods. I have my first reworked mastery as a separate module, but it's only skills/sounds/pfx's without anything else.

Both new stuff and gdx1 support.

@Gumshoe,
I have to finish relics, their blueprints, and import some class specific weapons from Cata, and I hope tomorrow I'll upload an alpha version for testing with the first reworked class (Archmage).
Old 01-13-2018, 06:13 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3JIou View Post
@mamba
I was going to, but then I realized there's too much stuff related to masteries that has to be merged properly/replaced with quickllot counterparts, etc, I'm afraid I'll get confused pretty much quickly so I think I won't make them as standalone mods. I have my first reworked mastery as a separate module, but it's only skills/sounds/pfx's without anything else.

Both new stuff and gdx1 support.

@Gumshoe,
I have to finish relics, their blueprints, and import some class specific weapons from Cata, and I hope tomorrow I'll upload an alpha version for testing with the first reworked class (Archmage).

sounds like youre up for the touch!

Me and my brother been played all the mastery till end of the ultimate content repeatedly. Would love to a hand at those alpha and have a say over current mishmash mastery theirself.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:42 PM
Supporter

Cataclysm Redone v0.2 is up and ready for testing.

Not implemented yet:
-Custom legendary weapons
-Crafting rares for your class
-7 other masteries...
Old 01-14-2018, 08:08 PM
Acolyte

I just got a legendary mercenary belt "Mercenary's Pack of Treacherous Means". It has 56 percent acid to pierce conversion. Shouldn't that be the other way around? Since most of the skills on merc already do pierce and a couple of skills have phys to poison conversion to enable a poison build.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:14 AM
Initiate

Dude. Duuuuude. Archmage feels awesome. With the content of the amount of mobs, it feels really strong. Just that class alone. The mastery buffs you get for maxing a certain skill with either gear or augments from what I see is solid as well. AND the archmage attack replacer... This mastery already feels akin to a new game. It literally adds content and incentives new builds without making the game clumsy. I am SERIOUSLY stoked for the rest. You will receive my second ever endorsement on nexus mods. (Edit: Noticed now how powerful the attack replacer is dual wielding shotgun with point blank damage at level 8 with three perk points in doing excess of 200 damage. But! You know what? I don't mind it being so strong in the beginning, balance it later dude. The actual mastery is one hell of a feat.)

Last edited by RQDoga; 01-15-2018 at 04:40 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:17 AM
Initiate

DW Vanguard (nightblade+archmage) is just dirty. Flat resist reduction on a default attack replacer, why yes please. Put 1 point into that transmuter that allows it to hit multiple targets allowing execute and amarastas quick cut to hit 2 targets instead of 1....Strolling through main campaign content like never before.

Last edited by SchnitzelTruck; 01-15-2018 at 04:20 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:47 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnitzelTruck View Post
DW Vanguard (nightblade+archmage) is just dirty. Flat resist reduction on a default attack replacer, why yes please. Put 1 point into that transmuter that allows it to hit multiple targets allowing execute and amarastas quick cut to hit 2 targets instead of 1....Strolling through main campaign content like never before.
It makes you feel both dirty and satisfied like never before. Doesn't it?
Old 01-15-2018, 06:47 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RQDoga View Post
It makes you feel both dirty and satisfied like never before. Doesn't it?
Only lvl45 vanguard so far but its pretty darn fun.
I'm itching to try out a DW ranged inquisitor+ archmage and max out the attack replacer transmuter. Having storm spread and whatever the cold based WPS is called fire like 8 shots from each pistol sounds hilarious and well worth the 20% damage reduction, if only just to see the screen covered in projectiles regardless of effectiveness.

Edit: DW inquisitor + transmuted frostbrand is even more hilarious than I thought it would be. Shotgun pistols, for when that one guy needs to be removed... along with his 20 friends.

Last edited by SchnitzelTruck; 01-16-2018 at 03:11 AM.

Tags
mastery, mod, qol