Old 12-27-2017, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Me neither really. I just updated to v1.51 and found I could no longer equip one of the weapons I previously had so simply swapped it out for the other one I'd used before.

As Autentist said, you've never been able to respec attribute or mastery points in the game ever. Only skill points. You've always needed a 3rd part tool if you want to change attribute or mastery points.

What I am annoyed about is TQVault 1.1.1.5 doesn't see my Legion of Champion mod characters, though it recognises items from the mod. And that's with the Vault configured for the LoC mod.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:20 AM
Supporter

My question about the Ragnarok is this one: when does the dmg bonuses are added into skill- at the beginning of the cast or when the skill actually deals dmg?

or to be more precise, heres an example i have in mind: the rune mastery have that delayed aoe spell "Seal of Fate", so if i place it on the ground and while it is still "charging" i will stack "Rune Weapon", will the effects of Rune Weapon (bonus dmges and the extra INT) will be added to the explosion? or will not, since i placed the seal without the Rune Weapon active?

i just started it and theres kinda no way to test it because all simple mobs are dieing from the seal anyway, not to mention i need a target to stack runes, a boss would be ideal to test it, but i did not encounter one yet
Old 12-31-2017, 01:31 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipTop View Post
My question about the Ragnarok is this one: when does the dmg bonuses are added into skill- at the beginning of the cast or when the skill actually deals dmg?

or to be more precise, heres an example i have in mind: the rune mastery have that delayed aoe spell "Seal of Fate", so if i place it on the ground and while it is still "charging" i will stack "Rune Weapon", will the effects of Rune Weapon (bonus dmges and the extra INT) will be added to the explosion? or will not, since i placed the seal without the Rune Weapon active?

i just started it and theres kinda no way to test it because all simple mobs are dieing from the seal anyway, not to mention i need a target to stack runes, a boss would be ideal to test it, but i did not encounter one yet
You can try with a target dummy, Spartan camp has one for sure.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:34 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autentist View Post
I don't get the first point. So, they changed stats, and? Just rearrange your character accordingly, that's it. Nordic also fix a lot of problems, bugs and generally balance the game, which is a good thing.
You couldn't respec your attributes in the base game too, what are you even talking about? The respec system was left completely untouched. Everyone uses 3rd party tools, so obviously, you are no exception.
DLC is completely fine. The hate is blown out of proportions, but will calm down, once most of the bugs are fixed.
Forcing people to use 3rd party tools to respec, because they changed the stat requirements on gear for no logical reason is simply a bad decision. I stand by my original comments. "Everybody uses 3rd party tools anyway" isn't a valid argument. They could have at least reset everyone's stat points once, when they dropped the update. Also, I got banned for 'recommending' TQ defiler on steam forums. That's their official position about TQ defiler, if you believe they intend for people to use TQ defiler to fix their pointless nerf, you're mistaken.

I've disagreed with a whole lot of the changes they've made to the original TQ, and I even made a mod to undo some of them. It would be a pain to mod stat requirements on gear back to their original values though. They're just changing stuff for the sake of changing it for no logical reason, and I don't support such 'balancing changes' in any game. My problem isn't with TQ as a game, but with the decisions of the new developers. It's always been my opinion that if something isn't broken, don't try and fix it. Especially on an old game.

Also, one of the developers sent me a message asking me to remove the mod (link above), calling it a 'cheat' mod, and I refused to remove it. I told them if they want to get it removed, go for it. The mod is still up, many months later. I don't have any respect for their development team. They tried to bully me to get me to remove my mod, and I called their bluff. And I plan on updating the mod once the developers have released their final update. And I'm considering resetting the stat changes on 'most' gear as well. At least most of the popular end game gear. So I've done more than simply complain about their changes.

TQ:AE has a random stuttering issue that the original game didn't have for me. Every so often the game will hitch, then speed up momentarily, and to be perfectly honest, the original TQ:IT runs better on both my PCs. Neither of which are potato rigs.

I don't even play TQ:AE anymore. I went back to playing the original version, and just installed the disk version. If that tells you what I think of their version of the game. There was a community mod that fixes most of the worst bugs on the original TQ:IT. And without any of the new developer's "Balancing changes", 90% of which I don't agree with.

Last edited by chaosblade02; 01-12-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Counsel

Also, "locked" loot for people who own the game, but don't own the DLC:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/475150...1706735588815/

That's really scummy. Loot that the player can't use shouldn't be available to the player at all. They're basically brow beating players who don't own the DLC with locked loot. Just another reason for me to not even buy the DLC, and just play the original TQ:IT with the community patch.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:36 PM
Advocate

I think that is for programming reasons, not as a "buy the expansion" incentive. Let's not forget, they added thrown weapons and body paint skins and those are purchaseable in Act 1 too, so they had to modify the main game too.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:02 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosblade02 View Post
Also, "locked" loot for people who own the game, but don't own the DLC:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/475150...1706735588815/
Did not know that, should have kept an older TQAE copy from GoG around I guess...

I’d prefer these items to not be in the loot tables, if there is no easy fix for that, at least let me pick them up and sell (vendor) / trade them. No idea why I cannot pick them up at all.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:14 AM
Supporter

after completing ragnarok, I can say it is a big update. However Maps can be quite confusing and honestly though I find the content big, it can be clunky and messy sometimes. I really don't like the general story, Most monsters are rehash models of previous ones, and they look pretty bad imo. Also you will find in some areas where you fight like one bear and 2 birds wth! And human enemies voiceacting can be quite cringy and out of place! Most enemies don't pose a threat at all at least on normal difficulty. (unlike normal act 4- I am looking at you machae archers and dream mastery infused goblins on first forest area- whatever they are called) End boss is a huge ton of garbage ( you can facetank his attacks) unlike when compared to Typhon or Hades.

Rune Mastery is okay I guess but not interested in it at all!

Overall I would rate it 6.5/10. Disappointed overall but if you want more content go for this one otherwise it's not really worth the while. You'd rather be playing GD I guess. Just my small cents.

Ashes of Malmouth for the win! Crate made the better expac
Old 01-14-2018, 08:52 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
Did not know that, should have kept an older TQAE copy from GoG around I guess...

I’d prefer these items to not be in the loot tables, if there is no easy fix for that, at least let me pick them up and sell (vendor) / trade them. No idea why I cannot pick them up at all.
I still have the Gold Edition on DVD, should work without Steam if I needed it.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

If anyone's looking for a TQVault that works with Ragnarok and also other mods try this:

https://github.com/EtienneLamoureux/TQVaultAE/releases

I'd installed the one from the German fan forum, but it wouldn't see my Legion of Champion toons, even when it was configured for that mod. This one does both, plus it's also larger.

Tags
titan quest