Old 11-20-2016, 11:00 PM
Initiate

Default About drop rate

Not sure if this has been said already, since I've only registered - however I'm pointing that out.

The drop rate does indeed feel as it should. But it's frustrating to obtain a recipe for a relic, that I already know.
I am not sure if the drop rate of a recipe already known to the player is the same as always, but if so - I think the drop rate for a known recipe should be about 3 times lower, since it will serve no purpouse to the player.
I also think that it doesn't mean that a known recipe shouldn't drop at all, since it can be nice to give the recipe away to friends, which have not learned it yet.

- Uli
Old 11-20-2016, 11:14 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli View Post
Not sure if this has been said already, since I've only registered - however I'm pointing that out.

The drop rate does indeed feel as it should. But it's frustrating to obtain a recipe for a relic, that I already know.
I am not sure if the drop rate of a recipe already known to the player is the same as always, but if so - I think the drop rate for a known recipe should be about 3 times lower, since it will serve no purpouse to the player.
I also think that it doesn't mean that a known recipe shouldn't drop at all, since it can be nice to give the recipe away to friends, which have not learned it yet.

- Uli

What source did you get your game from exactly? Known relic recipes haven't dropped in AGES.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:40 PM
Supporter

The only time I've ever had a duplicate recipe was from the quest turn ins that give you one....otherwise once you learn a recipe, monsters and chests won't drop that recipe again.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:27 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukkaReborn View Post
The only time I've ever had a duplicate recipe was from the quest turn ins that give you one....otherwise once you learn a recipe, monsters and chests won't drop that recipe again.
This is incorrect, the recipes will still drop but be invisible, the difference being that you can still pick up the invisible recipes with the pickup key (along with lots of trash).

You can test this by killing any of the non-human nemeses and then mash the pickup key until there's nothing more appearing and your character doesn't do the animation anymore. There will be a recipe in your inventory. It works the same as the lore notes, you can easily try for these at fort Ikon near the bounty table.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:34 PM
Champion

i miss the big fat flashy relics from titan quest

love the gd version though.. miles better and more reliable!
Old 11-30-2016, 07:10 PM
Acolyte

I think Crate makes better games than Relic.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Herald

now that i'm a little more advanced in the game, with my first char in Ultimate and a couple in Elite, i think the gap in power between lvl 60 relics and lvl 70 isn't on par with their respective crafting cost.

as it turns out, most of my chars will probably make use of lvl 60 (which are already awesome and game changing - tried Aegis and Nemesis for now), and i'm really glad for that because they were already hard to complete

considering that a lvl 70 needs you to craft a lvl 60 first i think they could be even more powerful. apart from that i really love Mythical Relics, they're worth the investment
Fiddler - Explosive Marksman Commando 30 Kalam - Swift Blades Nightblade 25 Onos Toolan - Death Incarnate Shaman 15
Old 12-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Initiate

Default Relics are awesome BUT..

The relic system is really interesting and quite balanced i must say. Maybe 1 or 2 relics are a bit op or underpowered, but it is quite fun. My favorite relic would be Conflagration - why ? - because it has a super cool active ability that it gives. Now this is a genius idea for a relic, IMO there are too many proc abilities for relics and I understand the reason for it, but im just saying in my experience cool skills like conflagration added to relics are super fun. Im sure that other players would agree on implementing more cool active abilities on relics.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:17 PM
Initiate

I agree some of the top tier seem underwhelming, especially the cost. Even more so when you need to craft a Mythical as part of another Mythical. Doesn't seem right.

Also I believe the ones with +skills shouldn't be stuck to one class, should be +1 to All Skill, for a game that pushes diversity.

Last edited by Stapel; 12-13-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:52 PM
Initiate

I just got Conflagration and I agree, the active ability is a really neat and immediately made my sorcerer more fun to play. Good design choice there.
Closed Thread

Tags
crafting, relics