Old 10-29-2018, 11:21 AM
Champion

i am really excited to learn more from the upcominng lore coming in Forgotten Gods. Hoping we learn more about Uroboruuk, Dreeg, Mogdrogen, Korvaak and Ulgrim in that order.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:39 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricius View Post
i am really excited to learn more from the upcominng lore coming in Forgotten Gods. Hoping we learn more about Uroboruuk, Dreeg, Mogdrogen, Korvaak and Ulgrim in that order.
As I have just replayed Normal/Veteran with a new character and read all the conversations and notes of course, I think it shows nicely the lead-up to Korvaak being the strange ruminations that made the Witch Gods retreat to the Eldritch Realm, lured Uroboruuk out to investigate some new strange power, alerted Creed that something malevolent is powering the abilities of Kymon's Chosen, and even has Mogdrogen on edge because he know he met this force before but he yet has no memories of it... Meaning something pretty powerful (maybe one of the Primordial Gods?) tried to erase all knowledge of Korvaak from everywhere. Because I doubt it was Korvaak himself who wanted to be forgotten - Gods need worshippers to thrive, after all, and he is getting stronger now that he has them with Kymon's Chosen.
Oddly it seems the two biggest powers, the Aetherials and the Ch'thonians, are completely unaware of this new power, at least no notes hint at that they would be aware of it. The Aetherial notes about "their" eyes turning towards Cairn I think refer to the remaining Gods, as being their disgruntled servants, they are the thing I think the Aetherials fear the most (likely, whoever won the God War banished them to the Aether in the first place).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matougi View Post
I think there is a bug concerning children's conversation.

When I looked at the conversation editor, it was set to be a conversation that threatens other children as you are asked by Elarine. As a result they promised not to tease Elarine and when you report it to Erarine, she will say thank you.

Thad will be the flow of that conversation, but in the case of Ginny the conversation will not change. There seems to be some problem here.
Thanks! That should be reported as a bug, I think...
Also, I noticed that you can no longer spawn at the Steelcap District, not even in the Malmouth sewers - the game just puts you back in the Coven. I find it annoying since the Steelcap District is the best "home base" since Devil's Crossing, having all types of vendors, and all of them near the riftgate.

Last edited by BB_Shockwave; 10-29-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:09 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Shockwave View Post
That should be reported as a bug, I think...
Since devs are looking at here, it will not be necessary to report a bug again.

Quote:
Also, I noticed that you can no longer spawn at the Steelcap District, not even in the Malmouth sewers - the game just puts you back in the Coven. I find it annoying since the Steelcap District is the best "home base" since Devil's Crossing, having all types of vendors, and all of them near the riftgate.
I agree. At the time the quest "For the People" is completed, the base of Marmouth should move there from underground. It is very inconvenient that the base remains in the basement. I always get frustrated when I go to the ground.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:39 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matougi View Post
I agree. At the time the quest "For the People" is completed, the base of Marmouth should move there from underground. It is very inconvenient that the base remains in the basement. I always get frustrated when I go to the ground.
The official reasoning behind you can't spawn in the steelcap district is than it would fck up multiplayer if some players already did retake the district and some players didn't and spawn in a middle of a fight.

And i'm pretty sure you can spawn in the underground base, but since you spawn in the last spawn location you visited (the steelcap district not being one) and frankly you don't have any reason to visit the underground base after you retake the one above, but you might have visited the coven for some reason (either for shopping or to get the Other You quest), hence you spawn in the coven.
Gallop, you plan to add, podzemele bagels?

Last edited by FunkyGandalf; 10-29-2018 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:07 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
As I have just replayed Normal/Veteran with a new character and read all the conversations and notes of course, I think it shows nicely the lead-up to Korvaak being the strange ruminations that made the Witch Gods retreat to the Eldritch Realm, lured Uroboruuk out to investigate some new strange power, alerted Creed that something malevolent is powering the abilities of Kymon's Chosen, and even has Mogdrogen on edge because he know he met this force before but he yet has no memories of it... Meaning something pretty powerful (maybe one of the Primordial Gods?) tried to erase all knowledge of Korvaak from everywhere. Because I doubt it was Korvaak himself who wanted to be forgotten - Gods need worshippers to thrive, after all, and he is getting stronger now that he has them with Kymon's Chosen.
Oddly it seems the two biggest powers, the Aetherials and the Ch'thonians, are completely unaware of this new power, at least no notes hint at that they would be aware of it. The Aetherial notes about "their" eyes turning towards Cairn I think refer to the remaining Gods, as being their disgruntled servants, they are the thing I think the Aetherials fear the most (likely, whoever won the God War banished them to the Aether in the first place).
Isn't it possible that Korvaak himself tried to make himself forgotten because he was trying to escape the wrath of a set of gods? We don't know all the information yet, also there's the fact that the only people who we know that speak of him and seem to have "forgotten" him are Uroboruuk(an ascendant human) and Mogdrogen(a titan). Nobody else even seems to know him, which means that none of them were around when Korvaak was around, or are dead.

Does anybody know of any dialogue of Ulgrim where he talks about Kymon or his Chosen or Korvaak? I vaguely remember there being something but I'm not quite sure. Considering Ulgrim has probably been around forever just like Uroboruuk, he should probably be aware of Korvaak as well.

On a side note, when Uroboruuk is pursuing the hints of Korvaak's emergence, he meets Chthonians, specifically Harbingers who turn his guardian against him, and he speaks of "treachery". But whose(there are hints towards Dravis since Dravis makes an offering of a sort in the Void near Malmouth)? Also why are Chthonians there? I doubt this is a coincidence, because there's no way Chthonians or the Bloodsworn hierarchy would not know about Korvaak since he is in direct opposition to Chthon, and there's also the fact that a Harbinger spawns in the Kymon-only continuity of the Tomb of Korvaak at the very end when you go to get the Eye of Korvaak.

I'm also not sure that Aetherials are talking about the other gods, although it may be possible since the next expansion is about gods, they may easily just be talking about the higher Aetherials in the Aetherhold, which some significant Aetherial sympathizers have already stated would be more inclined towards stopping the Glorious Dawn than continuing it.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:16 PM
Champion

Korvaak could try to really stay low profile, at least until he gets stronger. Than again he seems to be awaken by Kymon but that might just give him access to the physical realm.

Last edited by Mauricius; 10-29-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:54 PM
Campaigner

Well, I have been to the Burrwitch cellar a LOT but I have never seen this happen...

Usually, only a body is there. The altar looks like those you can find in the Blood Grove, so I assume some Bloodsworn have left it there, walled in a long time ago before the grim dawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyGandalf View Post
The official reasoning behind you can't spawn in the steelcap district is than it would fck up multiplayer if some players already did retake the district and some players didn't and spawn in a middle of a fight.

And i'm pretty sure you can spawn in the underground base, but since you spawn in the last spawn location you visited (the steelcap district not being one) and frankly you don't have any reason to visit the underground base after you retake the one above, but you might have visited the coven for some reason (either for shopping or to get the Other You quest), hence you spawn in the coven.
Oh, thanks, that explains it... guess I need to visit the underground then.
The multiplayer explanation rings a bit false. I think it is more because the place starts out as enemy territory you have to retake. Though... so does Fort Ikon. So maybe not...
Old 10-30-2018, 03:57 PM
Campaigner

It threw me off too when none of the possesed aetherials mentioned either Korvaak or Empyrion. Surely they would know, since they exist as a form of hivemind in their realm and so at least have records of the war. Even if they keep it a secret, the rebel ones aren't beholden to keeping it.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=206
Old 10-30-2018, 05:28 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Well, I have been to the Burrwitch cellar a LOT but I have never seen this happen...

Usually, only a body is there. The altar looks like those you can find in the Blood Grove, so I assume some Bloodsworn have left it there, walled in a long time ago before the grim dawn.
Just a variable chest, one of the higher-rarity types. Seen it there a couple times, also in the Flooded Passage and in the Cavern with Primordian. Wouldn't read much into it.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:21 PM
Champion

There are also around 2-3 places in Burrwitch with Korvaak's shrine, that could spawn random.

Tags
discussion, lore