Old 09-15-2018, 09:43 AM
Counsel

Default Memory Leak

I noticed that Grim Dawn has a huge memory leak. With "huge" I mean ~ 0.5 - 0.9 MB/sec.
Ofc it could be a problem on my side (Computer, Gfx-Card, Ram, etc.), but I want to check if someone else have similar issues.

I uploaded a video to youtube where you can see that I start with my char in Devil's Crossing,
then I teleport to Lower Crossing Rift (Burial Hill), fighting my way to "The Burial Cave",
then I enter the cave, fighting against some monsters and then I wait at the exit from the cave, doing nothing.

You can see in the video (in the task manager window) that the used memory is steadily increasing.
If I pause the game, the used memory is nevertheless increasing!
When the used memory reach the size of 3,65 GB, the game crashed (in under 1 hour!).

I used the GoG-version of Grim Dawn in this video (no tools or mods used).
But I can replicate the memory leak also with the steam-version of the game.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DxDiag.zip (17.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-15-2018, 11:57 AM
Advocate

Hmm my thoughts exactly. If you recall on the GI tool thread i had suspicions about leaking for cpu or memory,but you cleared it out
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3  
Old 09-15-2018, 05:17 PM
Crate Employee - Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockenGerda View Post
I noticed that Grim Dawn has a huge memory leak. With "huge" I mean ~ 0.5 - 0.9 MB/sec.
Ofc it could be a problem on my side (Computer, Gfx-Card, Ram, etc.), but I want to check if someone else have similar issues.

I uploaded a video to youtube where you can see that I start with my char in Devil's Crossing,
then I teleport to Lower Crossing Rift (Burial Hill), fighting my way to "The Burial Cave",
then I enter the cave, fighting against some monsters and then I wait at the exit from the cave, doing nothing.

You can see in the video (in the task manager window) that the used memory is steadily increasing.
If I pause the game, the used memory is nevertheless increasing!
When the used memory reach the size of 3,65 GB, the game crashed (in under 1 hour!).

I used the GoG-version of Grim Dawn in this video (no tools or mods used).
But I can replicate the memory leak also with the steam-version of the game.
It's unlikely to be GD. You may want to try checking for updated graphics drivers and killing as many other running processes as possible. If you have any programs that provide in game overlays, etc, disable them also.

If there was such a memory leak everyone would be crashing within an hour and we would have thousand of crash reports being posted.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:44 PM
Counsel

Thanks a lot, Rhis! What you said makes perfect sence!
It was weird that the memory leak only happened when my char stood idle beneath the cave exit.
If I move the char there was no mem leak; at least not remarkable for me.
So I guess I have to install window 10 fresh on my computer and to hope that the leak is gone then.