Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 02-13-2018, 11:09 PM
Apostle

-Phantasmal Armor should be 1 pointer. It's the worst passive atm

-skill points only require gold/iron
Devotion points require iron and aether crystals OR Tonic of Clarity
stat points require Tonic of Reshaping

Now that I think about it I was supposed to update this build a few days ago.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 02-13-2018, 11:15 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
-Phantasmal Armor should be 1 pointer. It's the worst passive atm

-skill points only require gold/iron
Devotion points require iron and aether crystals OR Tonic of Clarity
stat points require Tonic of Reshaping

Now that I think about it I was supposed to update this build a few days ago.
Thanks!

Sorry, I think I made my question terribly complex. I'm tired and have been working with spreadsheets all day. Stoopid Dragon is right - I write in a really screwed up way if I don't watch it.

The question is - I'd like to respec a few skill points to get a little more damage. Suggestions?

Please, no suggestions on devotion respec, I just don't have the crystals for that, or the urge to go get any.

“To paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, "I wish I had known this some time ago.”
― Roger Zelazny
Old 02-13-2018, 11:19 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drokalypso View Post
Thanks!

Sorry, I think I made my question terribly complex.
Real life is the worst MMO in my experience as well. So it's fine

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2p0ebB2

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 02-14-2018, 04:55 PM
Counsel

I'm curious -

You like Oleron's better than Menhir's for this build? I assumed (probably incorrectly) that the flat Phys from Menhir's is a better investment than the +%Pierce from Oleron's. Please don't take this as me being argumentative - I'm just overly curious, and would love a long explanation of why I'm wrong.

The other comment I have is - 1 point in Menhir's Will? You obviously overestimate my abilities! In case it's not clear, I am not that good at playing this game. Bad eyes, bad wrist, and just generally mediocre gaming skills.

“To paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, "I wish I had known this some time ago.”
― Roger Zelazny
Old 02-14-2018, 04:59 PM
Apostle

-You're not being argumentative
-For your level this level of defense feels unnecessary, at your level the primary goal is to level up ASAP
-As for Menhir it barely makes a difference. Besides if you kill your opponents quickly then I don't think you need to worry about dying

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 02-17-2018, 09:17 PM
Initiate

Hi guys i've been trying this build for my first character and it has been doing very good until the darkvale village (in elite mode) but i don't know what is wrong coukd you please advise me ? Here is a grimtool link for my character. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlkBJ52
PS : I couldn't find how to do it on grimtool but i have for my chest a mystic imperial platemail of Menhir's wall, the aetherfire handguards of the void for my gloves, the renegades assault basinet of the wolf for my helmet and the vigorous fleshwarped bulwark of barricades for my shield.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:41 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatmotor View Post
Hi guys i've been trying this build for my first character and it has been doing very good until the darkvale village (in elite mode) but i don't know what is wrong coukd you please advise me ? Here is a grimtool link for my character. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlkBJ52
PS : I couldn't find how to do it on grimtool but i have for my chest a mystic imperial platemail of Menhir's wall, the aetherfire handguards of the void for my gloves, the renegades assault basinet of the wolf for my helmet and the vigorous fleshwarped bulwark of barricades for my shield.
You need to get your resists up to AT LEAST 60% each. Go hit each of the faction quartermasters to buy augments for your resists. Also,. the bottom bar of the Soldier skills are your best friends. Try to max military conditioning, scars, and decorated soldier. Put a couple of points into shield training and overguard. Overguard doubles your tankiness.

― Roger Zelazny

Last edited by Drokalypso; 02-17-2018 at 11:44 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM
Initiate

Alright thanks for the answer. Should i farm reputation with a faction to revered before ultimate to get the best components ?
Also about devotions do i have all points available to this point of the game or have i missed some ?
Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatmotor View Post
Alright thanks for the answer. Should i farm reputation with a faction to revered before ultimate to get the best components ?
Also about devotions do i have all points available to this point of the game or have i missed some ?
55 is the max amount of devotion points your character can get. If you have 55 unlocked then you have them all

I will be updating this build today. To give you a heads up regarding what would affect you (new player) - just switch to Obelisk of Menhir instead of Vire, The Stone Matron/Maiden
The rest of the changes pertain to gear in BiS slots which doesn't concern new players.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Tags
blademaster, pierce, pierce shield, shield, tactician