Old 02-08-2018, 04:05 PM
Campaigner

Daughter? I thought it was a son... then again the names in Cairn are often unlike earth names.
It was not mentioned again, but it probably got built since all this happened like a 100 years ago.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:22 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Shockwave View Post
Daughter? I thought it was a son... then again the names in Cairn are often unlike earth names.
It was not mentioned again, but it probably got built since all this happened like a 100 years ago.
Well, after thinking about it, I think it is just one of many loose threads they've allowed themselves for story purposes. I seriously hope that after Grim Dawn is said and done, they release a lore book filling in answers and loose ends and whatnot. There is no indication they would ever do such a thing but still.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:45 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kythis View Post
Well, after thinking about it, I think it is just one of many loose threads they've allowed themselves for story purposes. I seriously hope that after Grim Dawn is said and done, they release a lore book filling in answers and loose ends and whatnot. There is no indication they would ever do such a thing but still.
It'd be great. Or heck, a novel set in this universe. Most games don't do that anymore nowadays (since I guess young people no longer read books?) but when XCOM2 did it, I really liked their prequel-book for the game.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:09 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Shockwave View Post
It'd be great. Or heck, a novel set in this universe. Most games don't do that anymore nowadays (since I guess young people no longer read books?) but when XCOM2 did it, I really liked their prequel-book for the game.
Hell, I'd buy a collection of just the Notes in physical format. One note per page, like a book of poems. They could easily create a good video game book.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:14 AM
Initiate

interesting story
Old 02-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Champion

I am a bit confused about the travel path Ulgrim took, before we meet him for the first time outside burrwitch.

He met with Creed in the capital, which would be all the way up North. Than they made contact with the black legion and ending up at homestead (well at least for creed and the black legion). Ulgrim's job was to scout the countryside, get bearings on enemy strongholds and investigate weaknesses.

He ends up northeast of Gloomwald than making his way to burrwitch, where we meet him for the first time.

So creed and the legion stationed west while ulgrim is all the way east.

On the world map north east of barrowholm, you see some high statue. Is that the shrine of rattosh, ancient grove or something else? Don't have a screenshot currently on my mobile.

Last edited by Mauricius; 02-12-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricius View Post
I am a bit confused about the travel path Ulgrim took, before we meet him for the first time outside burrwitch.

He met with Creed in the capital, which would be all the way up North. Than they made contact with the black legion and ending up at homestead (well at least for creed and the black legion). Ulgrim's job was to scout the countryside, get bearings on enemy strongholds and investigate weaknesses.

He ends up northeast of Gloomwald than making his way to burrwitch, where we meet him for the first time.

So creed and the legion stationed west while ulgrim is all the way east.
At some point, it's also mentioned that he passes through Ugdenbog and the Coven as Garradia knows of him. Ulgrim also says that when he last saw Malmouth that it wasn't in good shape. I'm not certain when this fits in but my guess is he and Creed decided in the capital that Creed would take hold of the Legion's forces to the west while Ulgrim travelled south through the east where he would set up camp in Burrwitch Outskirts and begin gathering intel which he would later bring to Homestead.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Champion

Yes you are right. Just read the part about the last time he travelled through malmouth, and that the city was already fallen.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:40 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Baka View Post
At some point, it's also mentioned that he passes through Ugdenbog and the Coven as Garradia knows of him.
That particular conversation has left me feeling like the coven probably knows him a lot longer than they let on. Fits with the whole ascendant story nicely and those witches have been there long enough to notice his rather exceptional lifespan.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:53 PM
Champion

From conversation with Mogdrogen wen you have sided with Kymonís Chosen.
Spoiler!

First i thought that Mogdrogen knew what it was but not that big of a importance to him. Especially if you compare this with his reaction about The Ravager.

So apparently Chtononians, Uroboruuk, the Witch Gods and Mogdrogen have sensed it, and are drawn to the same power, which would be Korvaak.
It took 100 Arcanist to seal the Loghorrean and a army of bloodsworn the break the seals. But only Kymon managed to set things in motion for Korvaak, and his followers doesnít have the numbers of the bloodsworn. Of course other things besides worshipers might make it crow bigger. Perhaps that Korvaak have gotten hold of Uroboruuk.

So Korvaak is ancient and forgotten at least to Mogdrogen yet familiar. Perhaps one that participated in the war of the gods. I assume it is a god that has changed like Ulzuin. There is even a hint that Uroboruuk might know about it. Letís not forget that Uroboruuk is really old, if he was just one person.

The Witch Gods are afraid, that interesting i know they are ascendants but i always thought that they posses great power. However i consider Mogdrogen stronger than the three witch gods together.

Which gods does Mogdrogen sees as false gods? I know the bloodsworn sees all other gods as false gods since they toyed with the blood of Chíthon. Certainly the false gods are at least the children of him that tore him apart.

Why are the false gods in their pocket realm, are they going to sit this one out or is there more to it?

I always though that the gods live by some sort of rules and each of them have some form of interventions. So that there wonít be a war against each other. Also in the war of the gods there was a side that meddled with the void. I think at least it were gods that didnít participated in ripping Chíthon apart.

Tags
discussion, lore