#881  
Old 02-08-2018, 04:05 PM
BB_Shockwave's Avatar
BB_Shockwave BB_Shockwave is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 744
Default

Daughter? I thought it was a son... then again the names in Cairn are often unlike earth names.
It was not mentioned again, but it probably got built since all this happened like a 100 years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #882  
Old 02-08-2018, 10:22 PM
Kythis Kythis is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Shockwave View Post
Daughter? I thought it was a son... then again the names in Cairn are often unlike earth names.
It was not mentioned again, but it probably got built since all this happened like a 100 years ago.
Well, after thinking about it, I think it is just one of many loose threads they've allowed themselves for story purposes. I seriously hope that after Grim Dawn is said and done, they release a lore book filling in answers and loose ends and whatnot. There is no indication they would ever do such a thing but still.
Reply With Quote
  #883  
Old 02-09-2018, 11:45 AM
BB_Shockwave's Avatar
BB_Shockwave BB_Shockwave is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kythis View Post
Well, after thinking about it, I think it is just one of many loose threads they've allowed themselves for story purposes. I seriously hope that after Grim Dawn is said and done, they release a lore book filling in answers and loose ends and whatnot. There is no indication they would ever do such a thing but still.
It'd be great. Or heck, a novel set in this universe. Most games don't do that anymore nowadays (since I guess young people no longer read books?) but when XCOM2 did it, I really liked their prequel-book for the game.
Reply With Quote
  #884  
Old 02-09-2018, 07:09 PM
Kythis Kythis is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Shockwave View Post
It'd be great. Or heck, a novel set in this universe. Most games don't do that anymore nowadays (since I guess young people no longer read books?) but when XCOM2 did it, I really liked their prequel-book for the game.
Hell, I'd buy a collection of just the Notes in physical format. One note per page, like a book of poems. They could easily create a good video game book.
Reply With Quote
  #885  
Old 02-10-2018, 06:14 AM
peler12345 peler12345 is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 10
Default

interesting story
Reply With Quote
  #886  
Old 02-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Mauricius's Avatar
Mauricius Mauricius is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,620
Default

I am a bit confused about the travel path Ulgrim took, before we meet him for the first time outside burrwitch.

He met with Creed in the capital, which would be all the way up North. Than they made contact with the black legion and ending up at homestead (well at least for creed and the black legion). Ulgrim's job was to scout the countryside, get bearings on enemy strongholds and investigate weaknesses.

He ends up northeast of Gloomwald than making his way to burrwitch, where we meet him for the first time.

So creed and the legion stationed west while ulgrim is all the way east.


On the world map north east of barrowholm, you see some high statue. Is that the shrine of rattosh, ancient grove or something else? Don't have a screenshot currently on my mobile.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai
Don't try to face tank him.

Last edited by Mauricius; 02-12-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #887  
Old 02-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Evil_Baka's Avatar
Evil_Baka Evil_Baka is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricius View Post
I am a bit confused about the travel path Ulgrim took, before we meet him for the first time outside burrwitch.

He met with Creed in the capital, which would be all the way up North. Than they made contact with the black legion and ending up at homestead (well at least for creed and the black legion). Ulgrim's job was to scout the countryside, get bearings on enemy strongholds and investigate weaknesses.

He ends up northeast of Gloomwald than making his way to burrwitch, where we meet him for the first time.

So creed and the legion stationed west while ulgrim is all the way east.
At some point, it's also mentioned that he passes through Ugdenbog and the Coven as Garradia knows of him. Ulgrim also says that when he last saw Malmouth that it wasn't in good shape. I'm not certain when this fits in but my guess is he and Creed decided in the capital that Creed would take hold of the Legion's forces to the west while Ulgrim travelled south through the east where he would set up camp in Burrwitch Outskirts and begin gathering intel which he would later bring to Homestead.
Reply With Quote
  #888  
Old 02-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Mauricius's Avatar
Mauricius Mauricius is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,620
Default

Yes you are right. Just read the part about the last time he travelled through malmouth, and that the city was already fallen.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai
Don't try to face tank him.
Reply With Quote
  #889  
Old 02-16-2018, 08:40 PM
Avyctes's Avatar
Avyctes Avyctes is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Baka View Post
At some point, it's also mentioned that he passes through Ugdenbog and the Coven as Garradia knows of him.
That particular conversation has left me feeling like the coven probably knows him a lot longer than they let on. Fits with the whole ascendant story nicely and those witches have been there long enough to notice his rather exceptional lifespan.
Reply With Quote
  #890  
Old 02-21-2018, 04:53 PM
Mauricius's Avatar
Mauricius Mauricius is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,620
Default

From conversation with Mogdrogen wen you have sided with Kymonís Chosen.
Spoiler!


First i thought that Mogdrogen knew what it was but not that big of a importance to him. Especially if you compare this with his reaction about The Ravager.

So apparently Chtononians, Uroboruuk, the Witch Gods and Mogdrogen have sensed it, and are drawn to the same power, which would be Korvaak.
It took 100 Arcanist to seal the Loghorrean and a army of bloodsworn the break the seals. But only Kymon managed to set things in motion for Korvaak, and his followers doesnít have the numbers of the bloodsworn. Of course other things besides worshipers might make it crow bigger. Perhaps that Korvaak have gotten hold of Uroboruuk.

So Korvaak is ancient and forgotten at least to Mogdrogen yet familiar. Perhaps one that participated in the war of the gods. I assume it is a god that has changed like Ulzuin. There is even a hint that Uroboruuk might know about it. Letís not forget that Uroboruuk is really old, if he was just one person.

The Witch Gods are afraid, that interesting i know they are ascendants but i always thought that they posses great power. However i consider Mogdrogen stronger than the three witch gods together.

Which gods does Mogdrogen sees as false gods? I know the bloodsworn sees all other gods as false gods since they toyed with the blood of Chíthon. Certainly the false gods are at least the children of him that tore him apart.

Why are the false gods in their pocket realm, are they going to sit this one out or is there more to it?

I always though that the gods live by some sort of rules and each of them have some form of interventions. So that there wonít be a war against each other. Also in the war of the gods there was a side that meddled with the void. I think at least it were gods that didnít participated in ripping Chíthon apart.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai
Don't try to face tank him.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
discussion, lore

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletinģ 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.