Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 02-13-2018, 09:30 PM
Initiate

so as an elementalist how can i use attack damage converted to health ? with what skill ?
Old 02-13-2018, 09:36 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Creeper View Post
so as an elementalist how can i use attack damage converted to health ? with what skill ?
Chthon already said - with skills that have a % weapon damage component like Primal Strike or Fire Strike.

I'm guessing Zars had some from Blood Pact that he made use of with Ulzuin's Pyroclasm. I vaguely remember the proc having more weapon damage at one point before it was nerfed (around 20% per projectile I think).
Old 02-13-2018, 11:22 PM
Initiate

currently playing this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2J8dpkZ i have storm shard on mouse 3 (key 0) and passives on second quickslot bar.

so except wendigo totem - blood pact there is no way for me to steal life ?

fire strike, primal strike and savagery all would go into a completely different build...

what would be the survivability for what i play ? possible ?
Old 02-13-2018, 11:41 PM
Herald

Quote:
currently playing this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2J8dpkZ i have storm shard on mouse 3 (key 0) and passives on second quickslot bar.

so except wendigo totem - blood pact there is no way for me to steal life ?
Hand of Ultos, Spear of the Heavens and the Static Charge procs from your Attuned Lodestones all have % weapon damage so will leech life when they go off. However, because they are less than 100%, the amount you leech will scale down appropriately.

Other than beating something over the head with your sceptre, I don't see any other sources of weapon damage in your build that you can leech from.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:04 PM
Initiate

well it's kinda sad and not fair that as an elementalist u have to chose one of 3 skills (primal strike, fire strike or savagery) to actually benefit from adcth. it kinda limits the class to very few builds if u want to steal life.
and overall why does attack damage converted to health = weapon damage converted to health ? shouldn't life steal be converted from any dmg i attack with ?
Old 02-14-2018, 08:11 PM
Apostle

Quote:
well it's kinda sad and not fair that as an elementalist u have to chose one of 3 skills (primal strike, fire strike or savagery) to actually benefit from adcth. it kinda limits the class to very few builds if u want to steal life.
and overall why does attack damage converted to health = weapon damage converted to health ? shouldn't life steal be converted from any dmg i attack with ?
-A Stun Jacks build beats almost all forms of PS, Fire Strike and Savagery builds
-Why ADCtH works the way it does? I don't know it's a game mechanic and we have to work with it/around it.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 02-14-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:54 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
-A Stun Jacks build beats almost all forms of PS, Fire Strike and Savagery builds
-Why ADCtH works the way it does? I don't know it's a game mechanic and we have to work with it/around it.
yes the stun jacks build is very very nice to play, but die very often. i can kill lokkar with it without dying but takes some time running in circle and spawning mortars, totems, wind devils and shards and casting from time to time stun jacks/grenade...why doesnt stun jacks have wep dmg ? it's not a spell, like aether ray...grenade also..
we have to work around it...thats why i prefer life steal builds...but this stun jacks is really fun and looks really nice to play
Old 02-14-2018, 09:01 PM
Apostle

Quote:
yes the stun jacks build is very very nice to play, but die very often. i can kill lokkar with it without dying but takes some time running in circle and spawning mortars, totems, wind devils and shards and casting from time to time stun jacks/grenade...why doesnt stun jacks have wep dmg ? it's not a spell, like aether ray...grenade also..
we have to work around it...thats why i prefer life steal builds...but this stun jacks is really fun and looks really nice to play
But that's cause your build is unoptimized

A pure Quick Jacks build doesn't need half the things you are using. Mortar Trap, Grenado aren't needed here. They interrupt your cast flow and don't deal as much damage as stun jacks. You also lack Wendigo Totem's heal and RR from Thermite Mines

Here are some SJ setups

JoV's Setup - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zRByd2

Dying God's Setup - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dwJ5QN

Korsar's Setup - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dwYA5N

Thrasheur's Setup - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25wmjxZ

Xavier's Setup - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVbxm8gN

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 02-14-2018, 09:30 PM
Initiate

thank you very much, will have to look into them, know some of them already, checked before, not all, already tested overseer eye, but groble seems better, tested also with mythical tome of the arcane wastes and mythical tome of names, but also groble seems better, at least my roll, and maybe other good rolls ofc. also used mortar cause of the 40% crit skill modifier and its light dmg.

Tags
elementalist