Old 10-17-2017, 06:36 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
That's the sort of thing I'll never try in HC outside of a 4 man group.
lol

ikr?

The Fermi Paradox is God nerfing Civilization: Reality Edition.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:41 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krag View Post
Also leveling a Chaos Ignaffar currently and same issue, apart from a couple items like Hellscourge, there isn't a lot of support for Occultist/Inquisitor Fire+Chaos Ignaffar, which is surprising for something that's literally a transmuter whereas cold Ignaffar has an entire set dedicated to it. I end up having to use a Blood Orb instead which at least lets me go full chaos while giving me good +skills.

Also, what do you think would be the better devotion setup? Ignore the rest of the build, it's outdated.

First variant would be Tree of life + Behemoth
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2JLMMaZ

Behemoth + Scale of Ulcama
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLJ55wN

Playing Hardcore, currently level 70 and I went Scale or Tree of Life on top of Behemoth since I'm literally eating shit from all sides and draining energy like a madman.
Personally I like the Tree of Life setup a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krag View Post
I was thinking about making the opposite of your Octavius build, basically converting all of forcewave into elemental using Arcanor, Blade of the Luminari.
My only issue is that there doesn't seem to be good gear that supports the playstyle.
You can go a Fire/Elemental route with the new Mythical Justicar set.

I came up with a build around the Arcanor but ultimately didn't like it. The damage just wasn't there. Keep in mind that the Elemental Devastation isn't Devastation; it's one wave of a few projectiles, all of which don't do much damage, rather than several waves of several projectiles as an area suppressant. This makes it much worse at proccing low-cooldown devotions and just generally gives it less usability.

The actual damage from Elemental Forcewave with Arcanor sucked, too. I'm not a huge fan of the weapon anymore, as I was when I first saw the thing. I hope it gets pretty substantially buffed in the near future.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:59 PM
Champion

Quote:
Vitality Decay Somethingorother: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlqYPjZ
Spoiler!
Interesting ideas. Some thoughts I had for a Vitality Decay caster were to use Conduit of Eldritch Whispers with the prefix "100% Acid Damage converted to Vitality Damage to Dreeg's Evil Eye" to turn the usual big source of Poison into Vitality Decay instead.

I haven't tried it as of yet but I think the granted skill from Seal of the Void would substitute for Shadow Strike for applying Vitality Decay via weapon damage.

As for crazy theorycrafting, here's a hybrid pet Cabalist I've been kicking around/am now levelling to see how things go: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25Wqj0Z

Spoiler!
Old 10-17-2017, 08:32 PM
Emissary

Dangit Ceno...

Your "You Can't Hit Me!" and "The Affix-less Doom Bolter" have me rolling new toons presently. Not a complaint from me, mind you but my wife was already at the edge of her patience due to xpac release.

Very intriguing.

Do you have any idea how much the Fevered Rage counteracts the damage reduction you are getting via OA reduction? How bad does losing Fevered Rage hamper the overall DPS quality of life?

The Fermi Paradox is God nerfing Civilization: Reality Edition.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:37 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersgaze View Post
Do you have any idea how much the Fevered Rage counteracts the damage reduction you are getting via OA reduction? How bad does losing Fevered Rage hamper the overall DPS quality of life?
I don't really know for sure.

My guess is that Fevered Rage would probably put most enemies around the 70-75% hit range, meaning no damage reduction. It is the primary source of enemy DA reduction the build has (other than Vulnerability), though, so it should improve outgoing damage quite a bit.

I wouldn't use Fevered Rage inside Crucible or against Mog/Ravager (definitely not Ravager), but it should be safe to use even against most Nemeses and MQ.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:36 AM
Advocate

Is there any way to make Primal Strike a reasonable thing as a primary attack? Esp. now that Brute Force works for ranged two handers and those juicy inquisitor ranged procs are a thing?
Old 10-18-2017, 05:59 AM
Acolyte

Have you tried any build related to grenado ? I've juste come back to the game and I'm not sure if it's viable or not !
Old 10-18-2017, 03:09 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synakyz View Post
Have you tried any build related to grenado ? I've juste come back to the game and I'm not sure if it's viable or not !
I've come up with a couple. Mostly Burn Related (using Cindercores). I haven't held onto them though, as they didn't look too special and I don't like the functionality of Grenado to begin with. With everything flying around in endgame, you basically need to be in melee range with Grenado/Canister Bomb to get them to hit, which is not safe in conjunction with the items that support the skills.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:12 PM
Herald

Quote:
I've come up with a couple. Mostly Burn Related (using Cindercores). I haven't held onto them though, as they didn't look too special and I don't like the functionality of Grenado to begin with. With everything flying around in endgame, you basically need to be in melee range with Grenado/Canister Bomb to get them to hit, which is not safe in conjunction with the items that support the skills.
Sounds like a perfect build to try with your next multiplayer hardcore character
Old 10-18-2017, 05:02 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfeta View Post
Is there any way to make Primal Strike a reasonable thing as a primary attack? Esp. now that Brute Force works for ranged two handers and those juicy inquisitor ranged procs are a thing?
Primal Strike is not a normal attack replacer, so it cannot proc stuff like feral hunger on the brute force line or the ranged procs on inquisitor. You'll have to use savagery or leave out the procs.

Tags
ashes of malmouth, expansion, theorycrafting