Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 11:29 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck_King View Post
I think they should raise the level cap to 150 and introduce a "tri-class" system. Probably not a likely outcome.

A new devotion system would probably make it's way into the mix as I doubt the devs want to reposition existing shrine locations in order space them out within the new content. It would be easier to introduce 10-20 new shrines and increase the cap to 60/70. Or introduce a mega shrine which costs 10 devotion points etc.
Zantai confirmed 14 new constellations, so Idk about a new devotion system...

level cap is raised to 100.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:18 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powbam View Post
I also wouldn't be averse to them going over the Devotion UI with a fine comb and make it easier for new players to grasp how it works and a search function (for certain stats et cetera) of some kind
I am all for that. Also when not hovering over a specific star but over the constellation, showing all bonuses of it would be a very welcome change
Old 02-03-2017, 12:19 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
Zantai confirmed 14 new constellations, so Idk about a new devotion system...

level cap is raised to 100.
Oh, learning new things here
Old 02-03-2017, 12:32 AM
Counsel

I don't why, but while I was playing earlier today my mind just came up with "aether dot" (I know that doesn't make any sense, I just like to imagine things)

Also, I ask myself what will be the number of points gained each level after 85. Maybe 1? I know that expanding the level cap is a must if you want to introduce a new chapter, but I don't know what 30 extra points wound represent to class diversity.

Edit: on second thought, 30 extra points (2 per level from 85 to 100) wouldn't be that big of deal. I still have trouble distributing my points and usually get a lot of skills to 2/3 - 3/4 of max level. Though that upsets me a bit, at the end of the day I like the trade-off in your skill points distribution and I'm pretty happy with the current state of it.

Last edited by agaabreeu; 02-03-2017 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:36 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
Oh, learning new things here
Didn't knew that as well. Where do you guys get those top secret informations?
Old 02-03-2017, 12:38 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agaabreeu View Post
Didn't knew that as well. Where do you guys get those top secret informations?
Mostly the Dev streams Tuesday and Friday @ 2:00 pm eastern time
Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
please, excuse me... I need to go wipe away my tears with a handful of million dollar bills
Old 02-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Supporter

Imo it would also be nice, if there would be more diversity between the three difficultys. Even the few one shot chest or the nemesis system is giving this feeling of seeing something new in the known world. More of that would be nice.

Think about a world which changes with every playthrough --> Like after finishing normal the result is that the whole world and levels are changing. One of the "to old" concepts in GD is to force the player to play the whole story three times in a row (since Diablo 1 we have this concept). (Don't misunderstand me I loooove Grim Dawn ).

The Division has this concept (yes i know not the very best game in the world) of giving some new storybased missions in the endgame. Like that a lot. Much better then playing three times in a row the same story aka way.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Advocate

Cool

Romancing Anasteria
Old 02-04-2017, 05:06 AM
Initiate

I am expecting (hoping*) that there will be some upgrades to the crafting system, which IMO is quietly one of the best parts of the game. With the addition of Tyrant's Hold blacksmith the development of crafting seems to be on Crate's mind.

Personally I am hoping for something like Herbalism/Mining, where rare nodes have a chance to spawn around the game world. Collecting 40 or something of these nodes allow you to combine them for an item that rerolls an affix or even rerolls an entire (named) item, similar to PoE currency.

I might even expect them to add this to the base game, and not put it behind a pay wall. It would make exploration even more rewarding, as there are so many beautiful nooks and crannies around Cairn, why not put a nice flower or a rare metal in there? Also might thematically fit with the remaining unannounced class... why not?

Sort of daydreaming here but expect some new crafting features. Also hoping Crate has come up with some clever way to add new types of end game content.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:19 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by agaabreeu View Post
What do you think these new features will be?
Online only and RMAH
Closed Thread

Tags
expansion