Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 10:08 PM
Counsel

Default What do you think the "new features" are going to be?

In Grim Misadventure 108, Zantai mentions the following when talking about the expansion: "It’s getting to be a big one, packed with a massive new chapter of the Grim Dawn story, new features, new items, an increased level cap and TWO (that’s right) two new masteries."

Of course, our grim dawn fangirl brains can't read beyond the "new masteries" but the sentence "new features" makes me wonder. What do you think these new features will be?
Old 02-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Praetorian

That's a tough one to call cuz it could be anything really. It could be something simplistic like expanding the ability to purchase much more stash tabs (I still think this is going to happen) to knocking out the multitude of QoL features people having been begging for to something brand new and complex (like when Devotions came down).

Beyond that, anyone's guess is as good as the other.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2017, 10:18 PM
Champion

Auto pilot feature where you dont have to do anything but let the game grind exp and farm for you
Old 02-02-2017, 10:18 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powbam View Post
It could be something simplistic like expanding the ability to purchase much more stash tabs (I still think this is going to happen)
Zantai told us during one, maybe two, of the Dev streams that this was going to happen, how much we don't know yet, but there will be more stash space. Unless he just wanted to troll us

Other than that, it's hard to be able to tell what the new features will be. I'm cool with anything they bring to us though
Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
please, excuse me... I need to go wipe away my tears with a handful of million dollar bills
Old 02-02-2017, 10:22 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnge View Post
Zantai told us during one, maybe two, of the Dev streams that this was going to happen, how much we don't know yet, but there will be more stash space. Unless he just wanted to troll us

Other than that, it's hard to be able to tell what the new features will be. I'm cool with anything they bring to us though
Ah nice to know my gut instinct on it was right. I doubt he would troll too much about that tho he aint above it. If he said it, jokingly or not, I'm leaning toward it being truth.

I feel they fully intend on addressing many of the long time complaints in regards to QoL with this expansion since it will likely be a bit before they revisit GD after this expansion and they would naturally want it to go out on a high note.

When he said that the expansion was going to be "packed" I would take that seriously. We will see a lot of people's feedback addressed.

Last edited by powbam; 02-02-2017 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:27 PM
Ascendant

Hopefully more Forcewave support

It seems it is the least supported skill after Blood Pox. And unlike Pox it is actually good and deserves more support

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 02-02-2017, 10:39 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powbam View Post
I feel they fully intend on addressing many of the long time complaints in regards to QoL with this expansion since it will likely be a bit before they revisit GD after this expansion and they would naturally want it to go out on a high note.

When he said that the expansion was going to be "packed" I would take that seriously. We will see a lot of people's feedback addressed.
Yeah, they want that $$$ and a great xpac should deliver just that . Also, they seem to really want to get the new project(s) (it's hard to tell what is an accidental typo and whats accidental foreshadowing) out and start broadening their horizons, which i'm pretty excited for.

While were on this topic though, even though i doubt it will happen *fingers crossed*. I would love to see purples darker (in comparison to epics), and completed components (in comparison to non completed ones) darker as well, my damn color blind ass can't tell the difference between them
Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
please, excuse me... I need to go wipe away my tears with a handful of million dollar bills
Old 02-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Praetorian

Transmogrification. Yes, that is just a guess, but given that they already are 90% there and all that is missing is an interface, it seems like a good guess to me
Old 02-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
Transmogrification. Yes, that is just a guess, but given that they already are 90% there and all that is missing is an interface, it seems like a good guess to me
Yeah. My feeling is that this is a done deal as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnge View Post
While were on this topic though, even though i doubt it will happen *fingers crossed*. I would love to see purples darker (in comparison to epics), and completed components (in comparison to non completed ones) darker as well, my damn color blind ass can't tell the difference between them
I'm not colorblind but on this I agree with actually. On both counts.

I also wouldn't be averse to them going over the Devotion UI with a fine comb and make it easier for new players to grasp how it works and a search function (for certain stats et cetera) of some kind that highlights or singles out the constellations containing the searched words would be nice.

Last edited by powbam; 02-02-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:54 PM
Herald

I think they should raise the level cap to 150 and introduce a "tri-class" system. Probably not a likely outcome.

A new devotion system would probably make it's way into the mix as I doubt the devs want to reposition existing shrine locations in order space them out within the new content. It would be easier to introduce 10-20 new shrines and increase the cap to 60/70. Or introduce a mega shrine which costs 10 devotion points etc.
Closed Thread

Tags
expansion