Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 10-16-2018, 11:15 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyGandalf View Post
Those are can't be done afaik.

Only base skills can have modifiers which is Spectral Binding in Spectral Wrath's case, which is a buff.

And Drain Essence can't have a stackable -rr mod either since it's not a debuff/don't have a duration.

I think the only skills Necro has with the possibility of having a -rr mod are Ill Omen and Siphon Souls (and maybe Mark of Torment).

PS.:
Please don't put mines and devils in the same category of "negative QoL", they're not even in the same league imho.
Awe man, you just sunk my battleship.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:06 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejabrixone View Post
Saboteur need to be in those list. It's a shame that there is no proper set for fire strike saboteur (nex n Ortus doesn't count). Making one will need many green items and people will consider it as gimmicky build..
It is on the list though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
Good question incoming.

Anyone got a non-Darkblaze pyro build?
Iirc Fluff made Infernal Knight Pyro and claimed it was pretty decent. It's still not a lot, but at least Darkblaze Pyro is top-tier.

Quote:
defiler is like a chaotic marriage where the husband and wife always arguing with each other while leaving their kids crying in the corner.
Defiler is not even a marriage, it's more of an abusive kind of relationship where wife is underage but is forced to marry this slimy old dude because her parents said so and it's happening in some backwards country where this kind of shit is legal. But it doesn't end here, because slimy old husband turns out to be gay, but they can't get a divorce, because divorces are illegal here, so they are forever stuck in this hell trying to farm this awkward vitality pistol that has no attack speed on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankaikiller View Post
Wonder if anyone can work something out from this. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyqKxnZ
Sir Spanksalot did this build, you can look it up in the compendium.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:39 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Blademaster feels so well balanced, I really like the class overall actually.

Tactician is in another league though. High armor + damage reduction + seal make you easily facetanked 2xreaper. And I fully agree with Piercing cadence tactician, 2x reaver with warborn set is a beast.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Tactician and Blademaster are about on par with each other defensively. Tac has the passive aspects of Word of Renewal and Seal for defense, Blademaster has dodge, fumble, a hard circuit breaker, and fast healing from transmuted PB. Also, that free medal slot goes a long way.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:35 PM
Champion

I don't think Blademaster is on par with Tactician defensively. Especially if you compare elemental Tactician with any kind of Blademaster. Tactician is superior.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:33 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitherson View Post
Tactician and Blademaster are about on par with each other defensively. Tac has the passive aspects of Word of Renewal and Seal for defense, Blademaster has dodge, fumble, a hard circuit breaker, and fast healing from transmuted PB. Also, that free medal slot goes a long way.
Seal + min 2.5k armor + damage reduction is superior to dodge and fumble. IDK what you mean by the hard circuit breaker though, because blade barrier surely isn't one.

Both class are solid though, it's just the other has Inquisitor.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:41 PM
Champion

Quote:
Seal + min 2.5k armor + damage reduction is superior to dodge and fumble. IDK what you mean by the hard circuit breaker though, because blade barrier surely isn't one.

Both class are solid though, it's just the other has Inquisitor.

dw blademaster is equal in terms of defense to dw tactician. dw infiltrator is tankier that both of above.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:44 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Defiler is not even a marriage, it's more of an abusive kind of relationship where wife is underage but is forced to marry this slimy old dude because her parents said so and it's happening in some backwards country where this kind of shit is legal. But it doesn't end here, because slimy old husband turns out to be gay, but they can't get a divorce, because divorces are illegal here, so they are forever stuck in this hell trying to farm this awkward vitality pistol that has no attack speed on it.

Sir Spanksalot did this build, you can look it up in the compendium.
Awesome! All though I have a feeling oppressor is going to take that build over entirely, with oathkeeper getting a proper vitality auto attack, and will also have tons of fire damage support. Defiler should enjoy their nitch build while it lasts lol..
Old 10-17-2018, 02:54 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
dw blademaster is equal in terms of defense to dw tactician. dw infiltrator is tankier that both of above.
Hmmm. Unless I did something wrong, my current gunslinger tactician can facetank everything in campaign up to lokarr, whereas my current belgo blademaster can only facetank lokarr and multiple fake john for a few seconds.

Hmm, maybe you refer to warborn blademaster that has 100% uptime of warcry. In that case, then maybe it can edge tactician.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:12 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
Idk how warcry can match conviction+seal on defense. But my statement on pierce cadence tactician > pierce cadence bm was mainly damage. Flat dmg from conviction and arcane empowerment carries tactician. BM doesn't have that luxury. Belgo BM manages to match infil because belgo supports soldier very well but cadence is another issue.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:53 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
Flat dmg from conviction and arcane empowerment carries tactician.
It seems in this thread the talk is mainly about DW (pierce BM vs. Tactician) and in this case dual blades have more flat pierce than conviction and empowerment combined, or around equal with a bladetwister's conversion.

And for non DW i doubt anyone doubted the superiority of tactician, like ever.
Gallop, you plan to add, podzemele bagels?