Old 10-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Initiate

Default Suggestion

Might have been suggested before and it might be a little troll, but please add dual wield shields!
Old 10-14-2018, 11:56 PM
Champion

Probably won't be happening any time soon as it would likely warrant a few new animations, if not a set of it's own. As much as the idea of dual shields does amuse me
Old 10-15-2018, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, suggested before many times ad nauseum imho. As said, would require new animation sets which aren't happening - not to mention looking ridiculous when you try to play it.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:15 AM
Champion

Why do people keep asking for this? Is it some meme i missed?

It's seriously the type of thing that if i were to actually see it in a game I'd stop reading and decide to not buy it on that bit of stupidity alone. Unless its like the Saints Row of ARPGs.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:39 AM
Advocate

What the hell kind of character runs around with two metal plates and tries to bash things with them? A stupid one, that's what. This doesn't ever need to exist.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:03 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silben View Post
Why do people keep asking for this? Is it some meme i missed?
I keep wondering this as well, I guess in an mmo it "might possibly" make some sense to have a hyper defensive char to hold mobs back for the others to attack from range, but in GD I've never seen the point of something so daft
Old 10-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathema2741 View Post
What the hell kind of character runs around with two metal plates and tries to bash things with them? A stupid one, that's what. This doesn't ever need to exist.
I didn't realize the forums is so toxic.
It's a suggestion, let's see you suggest something and let me bash it. I think it would be interesting, especially with a full retaliation build, and with the upcoming skills for the Oathkeeper, it would be interesting to see dual shield throw.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:24 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelibra View Post
I didn't realize the forums is so toxic.
It's a suggestion, let's see you suggest something and let me bash it. I think it would be interesting, especially with a full retaliation build, and with the upcoming skills for the Oathkeeper, it would be interesting to see dual shield throw.
There are actually tons of people here who would like dw-shields.. I'm one of them and have been asking for it here since at least late 2013/early 2014 and I'm pretty sure some of my first posts were about it.

My inspiration for it comes from the roguelike T.o.M.E (Tales of Maj'Eyal), where you can play as a dual-shield wielding Stone Warden and let me tell you it is a bad-ass class and I would have paid top dollar to see it translated into a real-time Diablo-like and more specifically, Grim Dawn. Others have commented to me that you can dw shields in one of the Dark Souls game.

Now with that said I did once upon a time in the playtester forum bring the topic up (yet again) and I was lucky enough to have medierra respond on it finally. He did have his guys take a look at the feasibility of it but unfortunately they decided the work to bring it about would be more time-consuming than they felt they were ready to devote resources to.

Yes, to all the haters.. dw-shields was at least considered and even medierra thought it interesting enough to at least take a look at.

As for toxicity just stick it out. All the regulars have their own personalities and sure some are a little edgier than others but for the most part everyone is here because they love the game to some extent or the other and honestly the only other forum I hang out on even close as much as this one is Grim Dawn's Steam forum. It's like home to me but like most social places on the 'net if you can't develop a semblance of a thick skin you're never going to fit in in some capacity.

Furthermore, I tend to be of the opinion that throwing the "toxic" label around when you're on the receiving end of people not agreeing with you only ever makes a conversation even more toxic.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by powbam; 10-16-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:47 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by powbam View Post
There are actually tons of people here who would like dw-shields.. I'm one of them and have been asking for it here since at least late 2013/early 2014 and I'm pretty sure some of my first posts were about it.

My inspiration for it comes from the roguelike T.o.M.E (Tales of Maj'Eyal), where you can play as a dual-shield wielding Stone Warden and let me tell you it is a bad-ass class and I would have paid top dollar to see it translated into a real-time Diablo-like and more specifically, Grim Dawn. Others have commented to me that you can dw shields in one of the Dark Souls game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
For sure, and I appreciate the response. I absolutely loved the smiter in Diablo II and I am usually a tank in MMOs, I love shields, my suggestion came from a legitimate desire to see it happen. But yeah, for the most part, going into a forum, I didn't realize that there would be a huge backlash on the ideas portion. That being said, I don't blame people for their responses, it just shows their love for the game, I just didn't expect such a reaction.

F.Y.I. if y'all want this community to grow, show some respect for ideas. It's a small enough community as is, without over-zealousness or the itching desire to beat someone into submission.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:10 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelibra View Post
For sure, and I appreciate the response. I absolutely loved the smiter in Diablo II and I am usually a tank in MMOs, I love shields, my suggestion came from a legitimate desire to see it happen.
Also, there is a little known game called Pylon: Rogue..
https://store.steampowered.com/app/386100/Pylon_Rogue/
..that has dw shields. I've only played a little of it so I can't say too much on it but it was slightly interesting.