Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 10-15-2018, 09:15 PM
Champion

Default Idea: Cold&Acid set for Witch Hunter

Probably not going to happen since FG is already in a stage of active testing but Witch Hunters are a bit left behind in terms of gear since Acid gear sucks and Deathmarked set is just okay (althought still awkward and works better on Infiltrator).
And class combo has absolutely insane potential with double resist reduction for both cold and acid. There is a problem however: there are no spells either of the classes has that can unlock that potential and utilize two elements. So my idea is to make a set (or remake Venomblade) that offers an auto-attack that can be used with Nightblade's WPS. It can be just two weapons or five items, it doesn't matter, all set has to do is offer an autoattack that has both Acid and Cold in it and convert some of wps physical/pierce to cold/acid.
Set should also have one weapon with pure acid weapon damage and one with pure cold.
I can see useless forgotten Venomblade set remade into this. And before you say, hey, it's too op, can't have so much fun, I will kindly point you towards Infiltrators/Spellbinders/Tacticians/Purifiers that not only reap the rewards of double resist reduction but also have TONNS of dedicated gear tailored for all kinds of gameplay.
I don't see why Witch Hunters can't have 1 set that is dedicated exclusively to them.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:26 PM
Advocate

They did show a Witch Hunter set, but it was for chaos. If they did make another set, I foresee it involving some type of damage conversion, reducing it to just cold or acid. I agree that acid/poison sets are pretty bad (aside from Deathguard). It would be nice to see some new acid sets or for some old ones to get reworked.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:24 AM
Acolyte

Witch Hunter needs some love, that is true.

Especially Melee Witch Hunters get outclassed, which is a shame in my opinion since Witch Hunters are basically the Assassins in the game and they should be the most viable Dual Wielders. DW Witch Hunters get outclassed easily by DW Infiltrators though.

I have played a ton of WH as you can see:

The problems IMO are:

If you want to ramp up the damage to compete with other class combinations, you have to focus on one damage type. In my case Poison/Acid. The Infiltrator in comparison can diversify the damage types without losing anything because the gear will carry him (Nex/Ortus Set, Elemental Balance Ring Sets for example) and the Infiltrator has his Inquisitor Seal, which is not just an amazing damage buff but also a great defensive skill with the damage absorption and resistance buffs. CoF and VoS/Nights Chill are almost a joke compared to what the Infiltrator can do.

I don't know if a Cold/Acid Set could fix that lack/is enough but please look into the WH, especially the Melee ones.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:33 AM
Champion

IRC, JoV had 11sec dummy kill poison WH with 2 Deathguard blades.

After SS nerf WH were mostly a dead class. Squishy, low dmg, permanent mana Pita, mediocre AoE etc.
After Dual blade buff they are no longer so squishy, but due to awful gear support they still underperforming. I hope to see some changes in 107 that bring them back to assassin level of DMG output. #NoMoreSexToysPlzCrete, thanks.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:16 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
IRC, JoV had 11sec dummy kill poison WH with 2 Deathguard blades.

After SS nerf WH were mostly a dead class. Squishy, low dmg, permanent mana Pita, mediocre AoE etc.
After Dual blade buff they are no longer so squishy, but due to awful gear support they still underperforming. I hope to see some changes in 107 that bring them back to assassin level of DMG output. #NoMoreSexToysPlzCrete, thanks.
True, specially the Energy- and the mediocre AoE part. Again, there is no insentive to play a WH when you have Infiltrator. Infiltrator: No Engergy issues, no gear problems, potentially strong AoE (gear options + AoE skills), multiple damage types without losing anything, strong defense without losing mobility.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:26 AM
Praetorian

Unrelated to WH I do want a cold/acid legendary set for Nightblade
Old 10-21-2018, 10:58 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
Unrelated to WH I do want a cold/acid legendary set for Nightblade
NB have 4 pure Sets! Deathmaker, Acid sextoy, Demonslayer and pierce sextoy. And on top of it 2 multi-class sets - Deathguard and memetongue.

Last edited by Ptirodaktill; 10-21-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:40 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
NB have 4 pure Sets! Deathmaker, Acid sextoy, Demonslayer and pierce sextoy. And on top of it 2 multi-class sets - Deathguard and memetongue.
Mageslayer, Belgothian as well. Nightblade has plenty of sets really, just not cold/acid. Feels like an argument against another set, actually
Old 10-21-2018, 11:59 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
Mageslayer, Belgothian as well. Nightblade has plenty of sets really, just not cold/acid. Feels like an argument against another set, actually
Kobra too. Fluff` say that Spellbinder is GD richboy, but judging from the amount of sets NB is clearly ahead in this area.

BTW there is no AA replacer for WH and no acid cord. How about turning venomblade from memebuild intro a new Belgothian? Add +1 NB/Occultist belt to set and Belgo worth AA replacer with chaos to acid conversion? Sounds good? Also Crete could improve WPS on Venomblade set, they suck >_>
Old 10-21-2018, 12:33 PM
Champion

Quote:
Kobra too. Fluff` say that Spellbinder is GD richboy, but judging from the amount of sets NB is clearly ahead in this area.

BTW there is no AA replacer for WH and no acid cord. How about turning venomblade from memebuild intro a new Belgothian? Add +1 NB/Occultist belt to set and Belgo worth AA replacer with chaos to acid conversion? Sounds good? Also Crete could improve WPS on Venomblade set, they suck >_>
Venomblade can easily be good if they also add 100%phys to acid conversion to RoS and also CDR. Why on earth do those weapons have to deal physical damage? I get that it's a sword and a dildo so please add full phys-acid conversions.

Also: NB is like that kid who owns hundreds of cheap toys. Binder owns a few but those are easily worth twice the first kid's fortune.