Old 11-14-2017, 09:53 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpPlz View Post
Does some1 know when the patch will release? Baisically waned to wait until patch before Ill start playing!

Sorry if I missed something!
Zantai posted in the OP that the patch has only just entered testing so it's going to be a few weeks yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon Rose View Post
Maybe, but I haven't seen them mentioned it and the problems relate to how they implemented native support for the steam controller specifically, not just how controller support works.
There will be changes to the Steam controller as Steam Controller users will find a new recommended controller configuration.

Last edited by Jaknet; 11-14-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:57 PM
Initiate

^It said "in the next two weeks" it will drop, so we can likely expect this within the next week.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:43 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaknet View Post
There will be changes to the Steam controller as Steam Controller users will find a new recommended controller configuration.
Neat. Where did you see that and will they just be rearranging the bindings or actually changing how action sets are set up?
Old 11-14-2017, 07:04 PM
Praetorian

Jaknet is one of the playtesters for the game so he's been testing it before the patch is released to the general public. Anyone who has Praetorian under their username here on the forum is a playtester.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:12 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon Rose View Post
will they just be rearranging the bindings or actually changing how action sets are set up?
I haven't got the foggiest as not got a steam controller, so will have to wait for the patch or further info from Crate...whichever comes first
Old 11-14-2017, 10:33 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpid View Post
There's been multiple times when a skill would be off cooldown and I would cast it only for it to never cast. For instance on my Warder that I've been playing recently I have savagery bound to LMB and have Blade Arc on my quickbar. There will be times where I will cast Blade Arc when it comes off cooldown, watch the quickbar icon do the pressed animation, and then it will come back up without ever casting and require me do.mash the hell out of the button until it finally goes off. This is an issue I've had on multiple builds too, and not just ones that have AA replacers bound to LMB. The whole casting queue feels clunky. I would give a more concrete example, but I'm at work and won't be back home for a while.
Hes on to something I often experiense the same with no range skills, with all kind of skills tbh.

It feels like the game dont register you did press the skill, I often have to press my quickbar skill a couple of times to activate, its not unusual at all actual.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:52 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Jaknet is one of the playtesters for the game so he's been testing it before the patch is released to the general public. Anyone who has Praetorian under their username here on the forum is a playtester.
Ah. Good to know. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaknet View Post
I haven't got the foggiest as not got a steam controller, so will have to wait for the patch or further info from Crate...whichever comes first
You should be able to use the steam controller configs with a normal controller if you tell steam to handle said controller (though how well it translates is another story). It should give you an idea for how they're handling the action set switching, which is probably the biggest issue, if you're curious. Either way, thank you for the info.
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #208  
Old 11-15-2017, 12:57 AM
Crate Employee - Designer

A new Steam controller configuration is coming with v1.0.3.0.

All the improved controller support features are also going to apply to the Steam controller.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:52 AM
Acolyte

Awesome news, especially the gamepad one. I really can't wait to start modding it again!
Old 11-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Acolyte

Would it be possible to release editor for grim dawn?

We have crucible arena, so perhaps we players could create small maps for it. Or also map areas for main campaign or something like that.. It would be cool.
Even without tutorials people would figure it out how to use editor for grim dawn.. over time slowly perhaps but it would be A LOT of decent content from players.

any thoughts from devs about this?

Tags
grim misadventure