Old 11-10-2017, 11:30 PM
Initiate

Default How do I change monsters' level?

What I want to do, basically, is to be able to change monsters' minimum level to whatever my character's level is so I can still go around all of Cairn and still gain exp and progress. I think Trained Hard is able to do this. I would like to know how it acomplishes it. Thanks for reading.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:18 PM
Initiate

I did that in my own mod as well. Credit goes to the creators of grimmest for the idea:

Change the "difficultyLimitsFile" entry to "records/proxies/limit_unlimited.dbr" in the proxies folder in asset manager. The bad news is, you'll have to do that for every single type of monster proxy file in the game. That means every edited proxy will spawn monsters whose levels are calculated from your character's level (for example: regular ones will be your level +/- 1, champions will be 1-3 levels higher, etc...).

Notepad++ can help you a great deal with that though. You can open a few hundred files at a time and insert the line to the beginning of each DBR. Press CTRL+H, and this screenshot might help a bit.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 11-11-2017, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

In Asset Manager, you can open all records of type proxy in each folder all at once. Double click the field name on the left and it will open an array editor of that field for all open dbrs. Use the Set function at the top to set them all to unlimited.

AM actually works for this.
Last edited by jiaco; Tomorrow at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Initiate

I am new to all of this modding stuff, so if you could give me a step-by-step on how to do this, it would be very helpful.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:10 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaco View Post
In Asset Manager, you can open all records of type proxy in each folder all at once. Double click the field name on the left and it will open an array editor of that field for all open dbrs. Use the Set function at the top to set them all to unlimited.
That's good to know, thanks.

Anyway, you're going to need the files in the "proxies" folder that use the proxy or proxyambush templates. Open Asset Manager, add those files to your mod, edit them, and look for the line called "difficultyLimitsFile" on the left. Change the value of that line (right side) to "records/proxies/limit_unlimited.dbr", save the files and build your mod.