Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 05-16-2018, 10:04 AM
Ascendant

Default [Bleed Caster] Harvester of Blood - A Player Scaled Pet based Bleed Harvest Death Knight

With the addition of Blood Knight Set a lot of good build possibilities opened up. One of them being allowing us to play as a pure Bleed Caster. While still being not nearly as strong as Bleed based Phantasmal Blades this is still a build that is fun to tinker with.

As an added bonus you also get to play around with a player scaled pets. I used the exact same concept that I used on my Vitality Decay Cabalist Caster.

Grimtools -

Deathstalker Setup - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnd049V

Massacre Setup - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvyGJJ2

FAQ -

Will this work with other class combinations?

Before anyone bothers, Warder should work with this concept, Ritualist with this concept wasn't to my liking and Witchblade with this concept is something I never really gave any serious though about.

Which is the BiS relic?

Massacre is much better than Deathstallker. I used Deathstalker for all the testing because I like the idea of playerscaled pet builds a lot.

Are Bloodrite gloves BiS?

The proc seems more useful to me personally from a pure Bleeder POV. I won't call them BiS but they are one of the best ones.

Why such heavy investment in Blitz and Bone Harvest?

Well the idea of the build is based on the concept of attempting to make a skill with high weapon damage to deal a type of damage that is not supported by that skill inherently or through skill mods. This is done by stacking high amounts of flat damage of the damage type in question.

Blitz and Bone Harvest have good amounts of %Weapon Damage and therefore are perfect candidates for this.

In Closing -

Credits to x1x1x1x2 for recommending the BH transmuter.

I love the idea of a player scaled pet build so I did enjoy playing with this one and am therefore also looking forward to the Oathkeeper Mastery. It's a shame Bleed Casters don't have too much build variety even now. Hope things change in Forgotten Gods.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 09-23-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:05 AM
Ascendant

(Reserved)

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-16-2018, 10:07 AM
Ascendant

(Reserved_)

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-16-2018, 10:17 AM
Champion

Why not 1 point in BH transmuter? Phys to cold seems negligible here. Anyway, nice build. As expected, Blood Knight js good for bleed.

Btw, I'm witchblade fan so I would always think that witchblade would work but s&b instead of 2h. Howl of wendigo + csgo shield looks great.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:25 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
Why not 1 point in BH transmuter? Phys to cold seems negligible here. Anyway, nice build. As expected, Blood Knight js good for bleed.

Btw, I'm witchblade fan so I would always think that witchblade would work but s&b instead of 2h. Howl of wendigo + csgo shield looks great.
The Physical to Cold is why I didn't bother testing it. I got my hands on the set yesterday night so didn't test everything out 100%
Will do and let you know later on

Witchblade won't work because it has nothing like bone harvest to contribute to the damage of the build itself. I only tested Ritualist and am testing Warder so I based my conclusions on that.

Btw, before anyone asks - Massacre ticks>Deathstalker ticks for some reason

Testing itself was done with Deathstalker in slot cause I've been wanting to build around the pet for quite some time now

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-16-2018, 10:39 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Witchblade won't work because it has nothing like bone harvest to contribute to the damage of the build itself. I only tested Ritualist and am testing Warder so I based my conclusions on that.
Still hoping for s&b on witchblade to work well I'll have to test it once I get home.

Quote:
Btw, before anyone asks - Massacre ticks>Deathstalker ticks for some reason

Testing itself was done with Deathstalker in slot cause I've been wanting to build around the pet for quite some time now
Massacre has flat bleed and more than double the bleed on the granted skill compared to deathstalker. Can't do calcs here but 10% rr isn't probably better than that
Old 05-16-2018, 10:55 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Still hoping for s&b on witchblade to work well I'll have to test it once I get home.
Good luck

Quote:
Massacre has flat bleed and more than double the bleed on the granted skill compared to deathstalker. Can't do calcs here but 10% rr isn't probably better than that
Make sense

And yes Harvester of Death is indeed a DPS boost

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-16-2018, 12:16 PM
Advocate

Nice build!

Glad you got all pieces of the set. Do you plan to make more experiments with DK?

P.S: Hope I finally will get the blueprint on the helm in near time.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:18 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik View Post
Nice build!

Glad you got all pieces of the set. Do you plan to make more experiments with DK?

P.S: Hope I finally will get the blueprint on the helm in near time.
Well having RL friends play GD pays off. I still don't have single Radaggon piece nor do I have Kra'vall's Shoulders with good rolls on me yet but since I have Rimetongue Set as well I don't feel like complaining.

As for experiments I already am conudcting this is the second concept with the build.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-16-2018, 12:23 PM
Advocate

Quote:
I still don't have single Radaggon piece nor do I have Kra'vall's Shoulders with good rolls on me yet but since I have Rimetongue Set as well I don't feel like complaining.
I got your point. However, since I started leveling up my vitality DK long time ago before the patch release I want the full set so bad.
You can try to "gamble" with Bella Fald to get piece of Radaggon set if needed.

Quote:
As for experiments I already am conudcting this is the second concept with the build.
I see.

Tags
blade arc, bleed, bleeding, bone harvest, death knight