Old 06-19-2018, 10:36 AM
Praetorian

Sorry for the duplicate, maybe it's an idea to make a list of known issues so people don't keep reporting them. Perhaps you already have such a list for your own reference as to-do stuff.
Although then the issue would be to get people to read such a list before posting.

A possible band-aid fix to the gun issue might be to add a hard -12% attack speed (or whatever the discrepancy is) at the end of the formula.
Might not be entirely accurate and potentially cause new issues, but just a thought.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:38 AM
Praetorian

Is it relevant that storm touched AS is not calculated either? Same for 8% pys res from might transmuter
Old 06-19-2018, 08:01 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyu View Post
Sorry for the duplicate, maybe it's an idea to make a list of known issues so people don't keep reporting them. Perhaps you already have such a list for your own reference as to-do stuff.
Although then the issue would be to get people to read such a list before posting.
That might be a good idea actually, I might post the list eventually.

Quote:
A possible band-aid fix to the gun issue might be to add a hard -12% attack speed (or whatever the discrepancy is) at the end of the formula.
Might not be entirely accurate and potentially cause new issues, but just a thought.
Nah, the discrepancy between in-game values and the ones produced by my formula is changing exponentially, so I'll leave it as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
Is it relevant that storm touched AS is not calculated either? Same for 8% pys res from might transmuter
I know that some buffs that activate off of default attack replacers aren't accounted for in char sheet, because they aren't detected as buffs in internal logic. For that reason "Tenacity of the Boar" was added as an exception to the list of temp buffs when someone reported it, but for now it's the only exception there. If you can provide a list of other such skills, that would be nice. Atm I just don't see the pattern to properly detect whether secondary skill in that case is a buff or not.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:36 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammitt View Post
I know that some buffs that activate off of default attack replacers aren't accounted for in char sheet, because they aren't detected as buffs in internal logic. For that reason "Tenacity of the Boar" was added as an exception to the list of temp buffs when someone reported it, but for now it's the only exception there. If you can provide a list of other such skills, that would be nice. Atm I just don't see the pattern to properly detect whether secondary skill in that case is a buff or not.
I think Savagery is the only one in the game right now that functions like that.
There is no way to toggle the skill on in the calc, so Might of the Bear and Storm Touched don't get activated either.
So the easiest solution would probably be to add exceptions for those 2 passives as well when they are allocated.

Which reminds me of another feature request (that probably has been requested before as well): the DPS stat is a question mark so I assume you're working on that, and you added the ability to put skill icons in the skill bar a while ago.
If the "Weapon Attack" on the 2nd tab would be replaced with whatever skill you put on the LMB (the way it works in-game), it would add a lot of clarity on how strong a build is, since you can see the total damage and attack speed at a glance, which would also allow you to extrapolate the DPS.

Furthermore, this would also correctly show your final damage when damage conversion on skills comes into play (such as on Korba's Hood), since the Weapon Attack breakdown shows the values pre-conversion.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:04 AM
Herald

Hello,

Quote:
  • You can now change difficulty level (This was added a while back, but I haven't posted it here)
Would it be possible that the difficulty is also stored in the return link?

Overview of the German translation // Übersicht zur Deutsch-Übersetzung
» http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=128756&postcount=4 «
Titan Quest Source - German Forum Grim Dawn
» http://titanquest.4fansites.de/forum/index.php?c=8 «
Old 06-21-2018, 05:55 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
I think Savagery is the only one in the game right now that functions like that.
There is no way to toggle the skill on in the calc, so Might of the Bear and Storm Touched don't get activated either.
So the easiest solution would probably be to add exceptions for those 2 passives as well when they are allocated.

Which reminds me of another feature request (that probably has been requested before as well): the DPS stat is a question mark so I assume you're working on that, and you added the ability to put skill icons in the skill bar a while ago.
If the "Weapon Attack" on the 2nd tab would be replaced with whatever skill you put on the LMB (the way it works in-game), it would add a lot of clarity on how strong a build is, since you can see the total damage and attack speed at a glance, which would also allow you to extrapolate the DPS.

Furthermore, this would also correctly show your final damage when damage conversion on skills comes into play (such as on Korba's Hood), since the Weapon Attack breakdown shows the values pre-conversion.
Maybe one day I'll add this, but it will require some work. To begin with, no one knows how dps is calculated, it somehow includes animation speed, but I was never able to get the values displayed in game. Well, everyone knows that they aren't perfect there either, but it's at least something to compare to, but I had no luck yet. Plus I believe there might be some hardcoded stuff for dps for non standard skill types, like cadence / fs line or aar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOE View Post
Hello,
Would it be possible that the difficulty is also stored in the return link?
Hey, I'll think about it, but I in general I don't like to change core behavior, because people already used to the way it works now (ult by default) and the change may cause some confusion.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:05 PM
Herald

Quote:
Hey, I'll think about it, but I in general I don't like to change core behavior, because people already used to the way it works now (ult by default) and the change may cause some confusion.
ok, thanks, all right.

Overview of the German translation // Übersicht zur Deutsch-Übersetzung
» http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=128756&postcount=4 «
Titan Quest Source - German Forum Grim Dawn
» http://titanquest.4fansites.de/forum/index.php?c=8 «
Old 06-21-2018, 09:20 PM
Acolyte

Hey Dammitt, first of all thanks for your great tool!

Are the min/max values for items correct? I killed Mogdrogen and it seems that the stats of his mantle are in some parts below the minimum in your tool (the pet lightning damage).

Mantle of Mogdrogen Grimtools vs. Game v1.0.6.1

Click image for larger version

Name:	mantle_of_mogdrogen_comparison.png
Views:	69
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	18995
Old 06-21-2018, 09:44 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicol Bolas View Post
Hey Dammitt, first of all thanks for your great tool!

Are the min/max values for items correct? I killed Mogdrogen and it seems that the stats of his mantle are in some parts below the minimum in your tool (the pet lightning damage).

Mantle of Mogdrogen Grimtools vs. Game v1.0.6.1

Attachment 18995
Hey, I'm aware about this issue, this happens only to offensive props in "bonus to all pets". It's on my todo list, actually it's first item there, hopefully I'll get to it when I finish with the map. Thanks for reminding about the issue
Old 06-22-2018, 09:50 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Hey, I'm aware about this issue, this happens only to offensive props in "bonus to all pets". It's on my todo list, actually it's first item there, hopefully I'll get to it when I finish with the map. Thanks for reminding about the issue
Ah ok, thx for the information. Then I don't have to make a bug report in the other subforum