#521  
Old 06-19-2018, 10:36 AM
Weyu's Avatar
Weyu Weyu is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 728
Default

Sorry for the duplicate, maybe it's an idea to make a list of known issues so people don't keep reporting them. Perhaps you already have such a list for your own reference as to-do stuff.
Although then the issue would be to get people to read such a list before posting.

A possible band-aid fix to the gun issue might be to add a hard -12% attack speed (or whatever the discrepancy is) at the end of the formula.
Might not be entirely accurate and potentially cause new issues, but just a thought.
__________________
"They were completely unbalanced—in all the best ways!"
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 06-19-2018, 11:38 AM
Superfluff's Avatar
Superfluff Superfluff is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 6,234
Default

Is it relevant that storm touched AS is not calculated either? Same for 8% pys res from might transmuter
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evok View Post
I find it personally insulting to die to shit falling on my head
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 06-19-2018, 08:01 PM
Dammitt Dammitt is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyu View Post
Sorry for the duplicate, maybe it's an idea to make a list of known issues so people don't keep reporting them. Perhaps you already have such a list for your own reference as to-do stuff.
Although then the issue would be to get people to read such a list before posting.
That might be a good idea actually, I might post the list eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyu View Post
A possible band-aid fix to the gun issue might be to add a hard -12% attack speed (or whatever the discrepancy is) at the end of the formula.
Might not be entirely accurate and potentially cause new issues, but just a thought.
Nah, the discrepancy between in-game values and the ones produced by my formula is changing exponentially, so I'll leave it as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
Is it relevant that storm touched AS is not calculated either? Same for 8% pys res from might transmuter
I know that some buffs that activate off of default attack replacers aren't accounted for in char sheet, because they aren't detected as buffs in internal logic. For that reason "Tenacity of the Boar" was added as an exception to the list of temp buffs when someone reported it, but for now it's the only exception there. If you can provide a list of other such skills, that would be nice. Atm I just don't see the pattern to properly detect whether secondary skill in that case is a buff or not.
__________________
https://www.grimtools.com
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 06-20-2018, 08:36 AM
Weyu's Avatar
Weyu Weyu is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammitt View Post
I know that some buffs that activate off of default attack replacers aren't accounted for in char sheet, because they aren't detected as buffs in internal logic. For that reason "Tenacity of the Boar" was added as an exception to the list of temp buffs when someone reported it, but for now it's the only exception there. If you can provide a list of other such skills, that would be nice. Atm I just don't see the pattern to properly detect whether secondary skill in that case is a buff or not.
I think Savagery is the only one in the game right now that functions like that.
There is no way to toggle the skill on in the calc, so Might of the Bear and Storm Touched don't get activated either.
So the easiest solution would probably be to add exceptions for those 2 passives as well when they are allocated.

Which reminds me of another feature request (that probably has been requested before as well): the DPS stat is a question mark so I assume you're working on that, and you added the ability to put skill icons in the skill bar a while ago.
If the "Weapon Attack" on the 2nd tab would be replaced with whatever skill you put on the LMB (the way it works in-game), it would add a lot of clarity on how strong a build is, since you can see the total damage and attack speed at a glance, which would also allow you to extrapolate the DPS.

Furthermore, this would also correctly show your final damage when damage conversion on skills comes into play (such as on Korba's Hood), since the Weapon Attack breakdown shows the values pre-conversion.
__________________
"They were completely unbalanced—in all the best ways!"
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 06-21-2018, 06:04 AM
FOE FOE is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,265
Default

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammitt View Post
  • You can now change difficulty level (This was added a while back, but I haven't posted it here)
Would it be possible that the difficulty is also stored in the return link?
__________________
Servus, Erwin
--
I'am from Austria!

Overview of the German translation // Übersicht zur Deutsch-Übersetzung
» http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=128756&postcount=4 «
Titan Quest Source - German Forum Grim Dawn
» http://titanquest.4fansites.de/forum/index.php?c=8 «
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 06-21-2018, 05:55 PM
Dammitt Dammitt is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyu View Post
I think Savagery is the only one in the game right now that functions like that.
There is no way to toggle the skill on in the calc, so Might of the Bear and Storm Touched don't get activated either.
So the easiest solution would probably be to add exceptions for those 2 passives as well when they are allocated.

Which reminds me of another feature request (that probably has been requested before as well): the DPS stat is a question mark so I assume you're working on that, and you added the ability to put skill icons in the skill bar a while ago.
If the "Weapon Attack" on the 2nd tab would be replaced with whatever skill you put on the LMB (the way it works in-game), it would add a lot of clarity on how strong a build is, since you can see the total damage and attack speed at a glance, which would also allow you to extrapolate the DPS.

Furthermore, this would also correctly show your final damage when damage conversion on skills comes into play (such as on Korba's Hood), since the Weapon Attack breakdown shows the values pre-conversion.
Maybe one day I'll add this, but it will require some work. To begin with, no one knows how dps is calculated, it somehow includes animation speed, but I was never able to get the values displayed in game. Well, everyone knows that they aren't perfect there either, but it's at least something to compare to, but I had no luck yet. Plus I believe there might be some hardcoded stuff for dps for non standard skill types, like cadence / fs line or aar.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FOE View Post
Hello,
Would it be possible that the difficulty is also stored in the return link?
Hey, I'll think about it, but I in general I don't like to change core behavior, because people already used to the way it works now (ult by default) and the change may cause some confusion.
__________________
https://www.grimtools.com
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 06-21-2018, 07:05 PM
FOE FOE is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammitt View Post
Hey, I'll think about it, but I in general I don't like to change core behavior, because people already used to the way it works now (ult by default) and the change may cause some confusion.
ok, thanks, all right.
__________________
Servus, Erwin
--
I'am from Austria!

Overview of the German translation // Übersicht zur Deutsch-Übersetzung
» http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=128756&postcount=4 «
Titan Quest Source - German Forum Grim Dawn
» http://titanquest.4fansites.de/forum/index.php?c=8 «
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 06-21-2018, 09:20 PM
Nicol Bolas's Avatar
Nicol Bolas Nicol Bolas is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 36
Default

Hey Dammitt, first of all thanks for your great tool!

Are the min/max values for items correct? I killed Mogdrogen and it seems that the stats of his mantle are in some parts below the minimum in your tool (the pet lightning damage).

Mantle of Mogdrogen Grimtools vs. Game v1.0.6.1

Click image for larger version

Name:	mantle_of_mogdrogen_comparison.png
Views:	69
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	18995
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 06-21-2018, 09:44 PM
Dammitt Dammitt is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicol Bolas View Post
Hey Dammitt, first of all thanks for your great tool!

Are the min/max values for items correct? I killed Mogdrogen and it seems that the stats of his mantle are in some parts below the minimum in your tool (the pet lightning damage).

Mantle of Mogdrogen Grimtools vs. Game v1.0.6.1

Attachment 18995
Hey, I'm aware about this issue, this happens only to offensive props in "bonus to all pets". It's on my todo list, actually it's first item there, hopefully I'll get to it when I finish with the map. Thanks for reminding about the issue
__________________
https://www.grimtools.com
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 06-22-2018, 09:50 PM
Nicol Bolas's Avatar
Nicol Bolas Nicol Bolas is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammitt View Post
Hey, I'm aware about this issue, this happens only to offensive props in "bonus to all pets". It's on my todo list, actually it's first item there, hopefully I'll get to it when I finish with the map. Thanks for reminding about the issue
Ah ok, thx for the information. Then I don't have to make a bug report in the other subforum
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.