Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Rants

Old 04-16-2018, 12:57 PM
Supporter

Default Anyone else stopped playing after Grim Misadventure #135 ?

The one where the item transmuting was introduced.
I guess this question is aimed at those with stupid amount of hours :P

For me personally, the game became a loot hunt grind fest in the crucible to get that one last set piece, from a dozen sets that interest me, to try out a build I wanted to do for months. But now that grind kinda feels pointless when I know what's coming I'll be able to craft helms and transmute until I get what I want... so yeah, I don't know, I love the game, but I also hate wasting time in crucible knowing that such a massive QoL is on the way
Old 04-16-2018, 01:16 PM
Counsel

why even stop? you can enjoy your fave builds right now! instead of waiting for many months for the expac, just use GDstash right now! , craft that last piece you want but don't tell anyone. Pretend that expac already hit your shelves and that your using the transmuter QoL right now! after that you can then delete this program if you want and wipe your cheating hands clean!
Old 04-16-2018, 01:21 PM
Praetorian

Nah, it's about trying new concepts not collecting. for me anyway
Old 04-16-2018, 01:22 PM
Praetorian

We still don't know how much the set transmuter will cost. The cost of crafting a level 94 helm and then using it to transmute to another set item can be really high. Not to mention how rare whatever components needed for the transmute.

Right now is best to gather a bunch of extra copies of set items and use them for set transmute. Meaning you can still farm now and get more set items to get more tries to transmute.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:24 PM
Advocate

Well it`s either this or cheating.
Getting the same goddamn helmet x+1 times is just cruel, like what are the odds for that?!?
Tbh 1/5 is FAR better.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:38 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isyth View Post

For me personally, the game became a loot hunt grind fest in the crucible to get that one last set piece, from a dozen sets that interest me, to try out a build I wanted to do for months. But now that grind kinda feels pointless when I know what's coming I'll be able to craft helms and transmute until I get what I want... so yeah, I don't know, I love the game, but I also hate wasting time in crucible knowing that such a massive QoL is on the way
You know transmuting is not free? You'll waste all your rare crafting materials and be unable to transmute any more. I do enjoy farming, but farming legendaries sucks too much. Even blueprints, they already increased the drop rate of them multiple times and I still don't have every blueprint in the game, and my last blueprint that dropped was on my second character, and I have 5 of them.

So, basically, to me nothing will change at all with that system. It'll be just a little help, nothing more. It will be hard to focus on transmuting instead of farming.

Imagine imagined imagination while imagining imagined imagination by imagining imagined imagination. Imagining such imagined imagination imagines imagination of imagined imagination to imagine imagination that you think you just imagined.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:48 PM
Speaker

Quote:

As others have said, you don't seem be factoring in the cost. Looks like they will be quite steep, so you'll only be able to do a lot of transmuting if you've farmed up lots of bits and components. It also looks like they'll introduce new crafting materials that will be required. If there is no way to make them out of stuff that allready exists ingame you're looking at more farming.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:20 PM
Supporter

I have hundreds and in some cases thousands of components, and millions upon millions of iron x) so let me transmute them helms faster pls
Old 04-16-2018, 06:55 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
I love the game, but I also hate wasting time in crucible
You do realise that the Crucible is an optional dlc that not everyone owns or even plays and as such this QoL is aimed at the campaign
Old 04-16-2018, 11:24 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
Nah, it's about trying new concepts not collecting. for me anyway
I agree but since I play self found only, I can't separate the two. If I can't find crucial pieces of gear I can't try out my crazy ideas. For example I have like 500 hours played since AoM and I have just one conduit blueprint. Some of these are build enablers on their own, but you know, not for me because the RNG despises me (and the bp selection mechanic is stupid but that's for another rant).

I wish this had been added two years ago, in short