Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 03-17-2019, 07:55 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theuberelite View Post
Fiendgaze Tome is a bit rough simply because you lose the +1 to occultist. The build I proposed basically completely maximized the skill point usage to the limit. But it is certainly an interesting question, and perhaps with the extra skill points from FG, is doable, especially because you're not hitting a breakpoint by hitting hellhound to 26 like you were with familiar.
The chaos reap spirit pet (since cold -> chaos conversion) is pretty huge i'd say, as once you convert the physical part too you essentially get reap spirit pets that deal pure chaos, on top of up to 70% chaos RR.

You do lose out points on occult sadly but you dont lose out on skeletons thankfully which are your main damage.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:09 AM
Initiate

hello, i recently came back from a longer break. i have a lvl 100 cabalist from around 1 year ago and im now looking to update my gear in order to prepare for the new expansion. does anyone have a grimtool link recommendation for me? i am mostly playing the campaign. thank you
Old 03-18-2019, 01:11 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by agag View Post
hello, i recently came back from a longer break. i have a lvl 100 cabalist from around 1 year ago and im now looking to update my gear in order to prepare for the new expansion. does anyone have a grimtool link recommendation for me? i am mostly playing the campaign. thank you
The one I quoted a few posts ago should be ok. Or the one in my op if you don't plan on doing high level crucible gladiator.

Other than pets I recommend Dark One Ravenous Earth like here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepheletus
(about Fiendgaze Tome)
I'm not sure if we're still talking about Lost Souls but if we do I wouldn't be too excited about Fiendgaze. 1) No points for Reap Spirit 2) no support to reach high ranks on RS, 3) conversion covers just ~17% of skeles' phys most of the time (that is when one Voidwhisper is down) as about half the phys goes vit by WotC and Master of Death. 4) could really use better pet stats.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:32 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lind View Post
I had a Lost Souls cabalist pre-patch and honestly its not too different post patch beyond damage going from campain ok to campaign great. But basically everything Theub said. The skeles are still to squishy for crucible but invest in the hellhound, invest in the chaos and chaos rr, and have fun cleaning up in the main campaign.

Presumably this will do well fairly well in the shattered realms too since my understanding is that pets are expendable due to no purchase buffs.

I made a couple of different choices than Theub mostly in the medal and with my devotion capper being mogdrogen instead of dying god but otherwise his to test set up and my final set up are quite similar and since mine works I can say Theub's theory is on target. His approach hits a bit harder and has a better devotion skeleton proc. I am a bit faster, have more bleed flat damage, and mostly plug the pet bleed resist hole he has.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28Q8wLV
Yeah, that's pretty similar to what my main campaign farmer in HC for ages looked like for devotions. Also I thought I linked the build with the medal you're using, which is why my resists were out of wack because I hadn't set it up for using beastcallers. I just threw it on to see what it would do.

But yeah, one thing the Moggy setup does really well for cabalist builds is fix up the bleed res situation for pets. It's why I went to Moggy for campaign farming -- my skeles were almost capped res across the board, 1 off on the bleed res. The unfortunate part is the player has kinda low DA. (I swear this used to be higher...)

--

In regards to Fiendgaze Tome, it would be a lot easier to experiment with if it had any resists on it whatsoever. The point loss is still pretty severe because +1 occultist gives so much overall, but it'd be interesting to try. Maybe Reap Spirit would fit more than the Blight Fiend, but I doubt it. Blight Fiend's DA shred I don't think I make up for anywhere else, and I'd probably want to move some procs around.