Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
They are being dropped not because we want to, but because we have to for DAIL to have the Inquisitor and Necromancer (from Crate that is) masteries from the expansion and not have anything break. I'd much rather get rid of mod Necros first, trust me. We do know however that the mastery limit is being increased with the expansion, so depending on how much could change what's in DAIL a lot.
I pretty much guessed that (not about Crate Necro, that's an interesting addition to have an official Necromancer). I'm just voicing my opinion on a class as Kathanious advised in his post. I understand that there will be an overhall and several classes would be either dropped or changed, so you need a feedback on the matter.

Btw is switching off mod Necro and Ranger a purely UI thing or is there another reason? I thought that compatibility is mostly solved with changing class<number> to class<name>. This is a purely curiousity question, since I'm tweaking DAIL to my own tastes for the personal use.
Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
I thought that compatibility is mostly solved with changing class<number> to class<name>.
Not perfectly sure what's going on in DAIL, but if there's a conflict in the mastery enumeration, that will not fix itself automatically for an existing character.
Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
Not perfectly sure what's going on in DAIL, but if there's a conflict in the mastery enumeration, that will not fix itself automatically for an existing character.
The DAIL modders renamed masteries from playerclass<number> to playerclass<name>, playerclass08 > playerclassranger.
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM
Emissary

I'm getting requests for additional pet spawns at various tiers.

Here's an idea for Occultist bird and hound:

1 pet at 1-7, 2 at 8 - 16, 3 at 17-20, 4 at 21-25

Also a 2nd Briar-critter for shaman at ultimate ranks.

/Discuss

Jiaco - "Fornicopia Kaths moar pets mod"

Last edited by Kathanious; Yesterday at 12:09 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
Posting this here as well in case it is missed in DAIL/Release:

There are two parts to the issue: The naming convention (playerclass*) and the enumeration (slot assignment). They still occupy those slots and 30 is still max atm. Now when I go to bring Ranger back in, two playerclass08 won't exist. It will be playerclass08 (xpac necro) and Playerclassranger.

Last edited by Kathanious; Yesterday at 12:08 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM
Counsel

Sounds great! It will make hybrid pet builds a bit more viable for those who want a few pets without investing into two pet masteries