Old 03-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Counsel

Just think about this like a hobby, not a life goal or priority, interest from players/modders will come after you release the whole new update. No content = no feedback. Just work patiently on it, fixing bugs as much as possible to avoid boring recycling work after the release. Keep it up, with less stress and more patience.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:03 PM
Emissary

I had no interest in modding DAIL for 3 months. Even now, motivating to mod DAIL is like trying to get excited to eat concrete. I don't even play DAIL. When I have time, I just want to play Grimarillion.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathanious View Post
I had no interest in modding DAIL for 3 months. Even now, motivating to mod DAIL is like trying to get excited to eat concrete. I don't even play DAIL. When I have time, I just want to play Grimarillion.
I'm lazy to get a skeleton key to open the Port Valbury gates, imagine how is my mood to play my own mod
Old 03-12-2017, 03:28 AM
Campaigner

Thanks for the perspective guys. I definitely cannot get excited to eat concrete, myself. I definitely feel ya there.

In fact, making a mod was a pretty valuable experience for many reasons. It's enlightening to get inside the head of a developer, even if it's just an artificial comparison. I was pretty sure being a developer would be always fun, as naive as that sounds. I have a whole new perspective and empathetic mentality towards them, and realize that developers are really courageous.

I remember a comment I made when I first made Insanity public knowledge. Something like "skill modifiers are lazy" (along with other claims I can't remember), and now realize how absolutely disrespectful and ignorant the comment was, on both an objective and subjective level.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:20 AM
Campaigner

Infinite release date set for the 24th. Mod has been drastically changed, and thoroughly reworked to provide a much more satisfying experience. Check Nexus mods on release to download it.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Initiate

Nice. The date overlaps with the arrival of my computer parts. I'm finally building a good PC for gaming. Insanity/GD is something I really wanna experience on max settings and good fps (with my life's RNG the PC won't work lol).

Good luck delivering the mod and no stress with a release date. It's ready when it's ready

Cheers