Old 01-12-2018, 11:55 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8anarchist View Post
Sigh.... it's less a design decision and more having to do with how the skill template was set up to begin with.
That is what a design decision is. The template was designed to do this by the dev's. Not unintentionally, but based on a template they thought was good enough.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:55 PM
Banned User

In my opinion if it's not a bug, it's wrongly designed if it's intended this way.
Every skill that can share it's bonuses to other party players should be individually choosing the highest to be applied.

I have lower mogdro core skill than him but maxed out heart wild and oak skin, so his higher mogrro core skill is lowering my stats...again...his higher level same as mine skill is lowering my stats....its a bug on top of a bug.

Other players were even lvl 90, not even 94, and still, his higher level same as mine skill lowering my stats in my game when i am higher level and have higher bonuses than him to give to party.

yes his mogrdo should apply overa all lower than his, but the highest oak skin and heart of the wild should also apply the hihgers, no matter whos it is, seems more then correct and fair.

But im done with it. If people think it's normal to spend (skill points) for nothing...im not one of them...srry
Old 01-13-2018, 12:07 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitchachos View Post
In my opinion if it's not a bug, it's wrongly designed if it's intended this way.
Every skill that can share it's bonuses to other party players should be individually choosing the highest to be applied.

I have lower mogdro core skill than him but maxed out heart wild and oak skin, so his higher mogrro core skill is lowering my stats...again...his higher level same as mine skill is lowering my stats....its a bug on top of a bug.

Other players were even lvl 90, not even 94, and still, his higher level same as mine skill lowering my stats in my game when i am higher level and have higher bonuses than him to give to party.

yes his mogrdo should apply overa all lower than his, but the highest oak skin and heart of the wild should also apply the hihgers, no matter whos it is, seems more then correct and fair.

But im done with it. If people think it's normal to spend (skill points) for nothing...im not one of them...srry
Look at it from a different perspective.

There is a single buff. Just 1, not 3. Mogdrogen's is the buff. Heart of the wild and Oak skin are modifiers to Mogdrogen. At least this is the way it appears to be with the game's design.

The dev's designed it so that the highest level buff is applied. The way the game is designed, that means only his, or yours is applied. The modifiers to the base skill are included in a single version of the buff. Think of it like your hotbar. You cannot assign Oak Skin to the hotbar. You can only assign Mogdrogen's Pact, the other 2 skills are included.

I imagine it's impossible for the dev's to make each individual modifier skill to be compared and applied separately from both players, at least without unreasonable work. What might be possible is to change how to identify which is considered the best buff. They might be able to change it so it compared how many points are spent in the base buff and its modifiers, and apply the one with the most points spent (I do not know if this can be done or not, but it seems like it is possible). You may still lose some your buffs, and gain on others, but it would likely end up with the best compromise.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:30 AM
Herald

Just going to chime in and say that I would not consider this a bug, I would not say it was intentional either or if it was, it was due to a consideration and compromise (see below). I would say that this was an oversight otherwise.

The only way I see this being intentional is that you'd have to consider every scenario and they chose the one that makes the most sense:

What I mean by this is say you have an aura, A with a modifier B. Now let's say 2 players in Multiplayer have this aura but the difference is Player 1 has more points in A than Player 2 and Player 2 has more points in B than Player 1. The scenarios here are that both players might value having A higher or they might value having B higher but how does the game decide based on their whims? If you add in more modifiers and then account for multiple buffs with modifiers, this gets complex as to what players want to optimise their stats. So obviously, Crate went with the simplest and arguably most logical solution of always prioritising A because it is the base skill I suppose. Based on what anarchist said too, comparing skill modifiers, choosing the highest rank and having that fraction of the buff apply wouldn't exactly be easy either.

I did realise while typing this that perhaps they could simply have A and B in my example above just stack together (which I assume is what Bitchachos wants) but again - it sounds like it'd be a hassle to implement with the way buffs are designed and handled.

Last edited by Evil_Baka; 01-13-2018 at 01:36 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:21 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Baka View Post
I did realise while typing this that perhaps they could simply have A and B in my example above just stack together (which I assume is what Bitchachos wants) but again - it sounds like it'd be a hassle to implement with the way buffs are designed and handled.
To do this, they'd have to make them 3 different buffs. Currently all buffs with skills added on, apply to a single cast, and give you a single buff icon, and can't mix as Bitchothos has noticed. That to me makes it sound as if they are 1 buff with modifiers.