Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 07-21-2018, 11:17 AM
Supporter

Default 100% Elem. to Pierce conversion - any good ?

Hey,

I don't recall having seen any build with 100% conversion (Elemental to Pierce) in the compendium. Is there any good build with this simple SET UP ?

What abilities/masteries would be cool to try ?

My first try was a Valdun Tactician: GRIMTOOL. It's quite good but lacks kiting abilities to my taste. Fragmenting round shotgun is preeetty good though.

I theorycrafted a Mortar Trap build, but it seems meeeeh.

Maybe a Dual Wield Saboteur + Grenado/Canister Bomb/BWC ?

Any ideas ?
Old 07-21-2018, 11:41 AM
Herald

People don't usually pick these rings for conversion anyway. The issue with two of those is that you don't get the proc twice, as it is a curse that works the same way as two Curses of Frailty on one target.

So basically, you can end up with 60 - 90% elemental to pierce (by only one ring and that belt). It could work on an pierce infiltrator or something similar, since inquisitor is an elemental mastery. You could use it for other masteries that have fire, cold or lightning damage, but inquisitor would work the best (imo).

I don't play Crucible.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:44 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER_NAME_01 View Post
People don't usually pick these rings for conversion anyway. The issue with two of those is that you don't get the proc twice, as it is a curse that works the same way as two Curses of Frailty on one target.

So basically, you can end up with 60 - 90% elemental to pierce (by only one ring and that belt). It could work on an pierce infiltrator or something similar, since inquisitor is an elemental mastery. You could use it for other masteries that have fire, cold or lightning damage, but inquisitor would work the best (imo).
Chill Spikes Shotgun maybe ?
Old 07-21-2018, 05:19 PM
Champion

I had the same idea a while ago and made this

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVARGDQZ

It's an infiltrator (of course) that uses converted word of pain to spawn seekers which is funny if not 170 capable (I have no clue I don't play crucible it bores me to tears). Also uses dagallon guns because why not have piercing shots on a pierce build. You could probably do this better with ABB + LA and those hagarrad guns, they don't pierce but base cold damage works I guess.

The main problem of this build is that you have to find random pieces of gear for it, there is no dual wield ranged pierce support at all beyond that belt. The rings are nearly worthless for it if they didn't have the conversion (clearly made for melee) and the fact that it uses a partial epic (again melee) set should tell you everything you need to know. There is no end game pierce based relic either for this, ignaffars combustion is used because frankly there's nothing better...

There are other elemental skills to convert but besides the ones I use here they mostly carry large amounts of dot that can't be converted or large parts of physical which we can't do anything with either.

Last edited by Avyctes; 07-21-2018 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:38 PM
Herald

Pierce ignaffar infiltrator? Could be fun.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:39 PM
Champion

It is VERY fun. I'm testing one right now as I type this out.

Quote:
Can I talk to you about our lord and savior Jesus - Tycho
Old 07-21-2018, 05:45 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir spanksalot View Post
It is VERY fun. I'm testing one right now as I type this out.
It's undoubtedly fun but it's so poorly supported. If only there was a dual wield ranged set that supported pierce damage, but there isn't. The best I could figure out was to use runebinders, but those runes have large amounts of burn/frostburn/physical and the weapon is mediocre.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:51 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
It's undoubtedly fun but it's so poorly supported. If only there was a dual wield ranged set that supported pierce damage, but there isn't. The best I could figure out was to use runebinders, but those runes have large amounts of burn/frostburn/physical and the weapon is mediocre.

You could use 3/5 blind assassin as core set then i should look around to pick other stuff. Not at home right now 😒
Old 07-21-2018, 06:07 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Live View Post
You could use 3/5 blind assassin as core set then i should look around to pick other stuff. Not at home right now 😒
That's what I did, take a look at the GT link a few posts back
Old 07-21-2018, 06:21 PM
Champion

I tried 90% ele to pierce conversion Runebinder piercefiltrator. It turned intro poor-boy vidicator with half of it dmg, so I dropped the idea.