Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 08-09-2017, 04:16 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
This looks wicked sick, man, great job.

I am leveling Occultist atm as my third character, wanted to make Doom Bolt conjurer, but now I've seen your build and I honestly don't know which road to go

Few questions:

- What would be best alternative gear setup if I don't have green pants/rings?
- Do you use Storm Shard from Light Defender's set?
- Isn't Kilrian Shattered Soul component kinda wasted for your build? (all you get is effectively little vita/vita decay boost, everything else in this component seems useless to you)
-Ah, that's difficult to say. Light's Defender's is a great set all around and just use what you have to shore up resistances, not sure specifically what you could use, but if you have to do some wonky stuff go for it.

-No, never. It does lightning damage which isn't really helpful, and you're usually too busy spamming all your other abilities to even bother (up to 9 abilities to constantly use).

-KSS had a proc on it if you didn't notice and it's quite nice. It also has some vit %modifier so that's also nice.

edit: I will be adding a leveling guide in a day or two so I hope that should help when I get it up!
Old 08-09-2017, 04:25 AM
Emissary

Thanks for the answers, might try it out if I don't get all the gears for Doom Bolt conjurer!

I still think that Kilrian Soul is wasted on your build, proc is for melee tanking and kinda weak, %vita is meh gain, Chains of Oleron would be better imo
Old 08-09-2017, 05:14 AM
Counsel

Really cool build but holy sh*t at the 2 double rare MIs...could you please post a grimtools of what this guy looked like when you just hit level 85? Or was he twinked from the beginning? I'm assuming you aren't able to beat Fevered Rage Iron Maiden in anything less than BiS gear until I hear otherwise
Old 08-09-2017, 05:45 AM
Praetorian

You can quite easily do it w/o bis gear. Face tanking fevered maiden isn't that difficult, killing her super fast while tanking is the real challenge
Old 08-10-2017, 01:26 AM
Initiate

Cool

edit: I will be adding a leveling guide in a day or two so I hope that should help when I get it up![/QUOTE]

Looking forward to seeing your guide. Vitality has always seemed to be the red-headed step-child of Grim Dawn ( you rarely see vitality only equipment or skills--it's usually always paired with poison and chaos).

I did 'enjoy' watching your Fever Raged Iron Maiden video. I'd love to see other videos of this build in action.

Good job!!
Old 08-10-2017, 07:09 AM
Counsel

I still have a vit melee conjurer lying around somewhere - going to try and redesign it according to your design and try it out! Thank you for sharing

Questions: Why not Revenant and Gallows? Either I am counting wrong, but I think you can do without Solemn Watcher & The Hound, and get Gallows and Revenant instead? It would trade in a bit of defense for offense/more life steal.

Looking forward toying around with this!

Last edited by GrimDawnJohn; 08-10-2017 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:09 AM
Acolyte

Default Good Job!

Nice build/guide!

It basically combines the lightning totem tank and doombolt vitality caster builds!

So the use of the light's defender set is pretty much just to max out the storm totem plus armor benefit of heavy plate?
Old 08-17-2017, 02:06 AM
Initiate

Default grim calc

Do you have a grim calc links without + skills? I cannot tell how many to put into each.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:17 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmBlackFlag View Post
Do you have a grim calc links without + skills? I cannot tell how many to put into each.
Hold Ctrl + Shift in the skills menu.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:21 PM
Initiate

This is a very new player friendly build. Both masteries provide an early good casting skill ( Dreeg's Evil Eye or Devouring Swarm) and both provide pets that can take on most early content (hellhound or briarthorn). One can get to level 40 or 50 easily with those 2 skills maxed.

I started a new character and went the Shaman route and by the mid to high 30's had a maxed Devouring Swarm, Briarthorn, Wendigo Totem and 3/12 Blood Pact, Storm Totem with vitality transmuter skill ( there are also some 10 points assigned to Modragon's Pact line). Devotion-wise I went bat, wiper, lizard, wendigo to give life steal procs to my totems. Your devotion path also works. Which shows how new player friendly the build really is. Its a difficult build to 'screw-up". As an aside, I have not needed DS in many levels.

Because of the ease of gaining quick leveling skills and the fire and forget nature of most of the skills (lets face it you can drop SoC on yourself if you like); this build is a very good "starter" build.

Last edited by Maeylstrom; 08-21-2017 at 02:22 PM. Reason: the dreaded punctuation gods.

Tags
build, crucibe, hardcore, video, vitality