Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 03:44 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzto View Post
Ultos builds were top tier back then in 1.0.0.3-1.0.0.4 but Savagery fix put an end to it, oh boy was so fun to play. :'<

i wish GD could be more "berserk-like" with 2 handers.

Spoiler!
wait, was it you who promissed the video of Gladiator Crucible last waves with modified Ultos build? Did I miss it?
Old 08-03-2017, 03:20 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
wait, was it you who promissed the video of Gladiator Crucible last waves with modified Ultos build? Did I miss it?
You are a bit off topic, i was talking about almost 1 year ago when Ultos Savagery builds (Elementalist/Conjurer) were "OP" and could compete with top tier dualwielder clearspeed.
I can share more details, like in 1.0.0.4 i had an Ultos Conjurer could do some 28-29sec average dummy kill time, nowadays it is something around 41-42sec, meaning it is 46% slower than the "golden" era of Ultos, this is how hard those builds were hit.

About that Druid, i tried it once after 1.0.1.0 and instanced devo change is a big hit to this build even the buff to 2h weapon dont compensate it. it can still clear Gladiator but clearly not as satisfying as before.
Even if it is still Gladiator capable it doesnt means it is at the same level of "best" Gladiator builds out there, this is more a "for fun" build, which where i spent most of my GD time those last few months trying to make work some fancy class combo or trash tier spells, like battlemage or phantasmal blade, TSS, etc.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:29 PM
Champion

I just found you in a thread and randomly remembered our argument in my druid's guide thread. So you made it work but it's not that effective, that was kinda expected.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Advocate

Quote:
So you made it work but it's not that effective, that was kinda expected.
This is relative, i could do some 24 mins average 100-150 runs in 1.0.0.9, from my point of view this is already exceptionnal result for a Druid AND 2 hander build.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzto View Post
This is relative, i could do some 24 mins average 100-150 runs in 1.0.0.9, from my point of view this is already exceptionnal result for a Druid AND 2 hander build.
24 minutes, that's actually impressive.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Speaker

Quote:
24 minutes, that's actually impressive.
Not really. Drizzto's times with the best builds are under 20 minutes. 24 minutes is like tier 2/3.

And mind you, this is probably the best 2-handed build in the game for Crucible if it is coming from him.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:22 PM
Counsel

The damage range on two handers is too big. More specifically, the minimum damage values are way too low.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottenKane View Post
Another stat problem many have is that they have literally no identity, like Leviathan. Like, +s to cold damage but no conversion
Nonono, conversion there isn't needed
Closed Thread

Tags
2handed, buff, builds, dual wield, hardcore