Old 01-18-2019, 03:53 PM
Initiate

Guess first thing i'm doing is setting those writs to cost billions cus they are way too gamebreaking for my liking. Skipping 2 whole difficulty levels?!

Besides don't they allow you to just get all those skill and attrib points and just go back to normal and steamroll everything?
Old 01-18-2019, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCbarbecue View Post
Ha. My bad. As I readded to my post, I did see this in the livestream.

Beside that, I wonder in the new expansion, will there be larger or a second stash? and will it be possible to fully undo a mastery to switch to another by then?
Sorry if answer to my followup question ever came up in the livestream, since English isn't my native language, some information may be easily skipped.

Thank you
We'll be getting an extra personal and transfer stash tab.

And no, you will not be able to completely undo a class ingame. To do that you'll still need a third party tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertx333 View Post
Guess first thing i'm doing is setting those writs to cost billions cus they are way too gamebreaking for my liking. Skipping 2 whole difficulty levels?!

Besides don't they allow you to just get all those skill and attrib points and just go back to normal and steamroll everything?
Don't know the price of them yet. And you don't have to use them, you can just play through 3 difficulties as you do now.

If that's the way you want to play the game with the tokens you can. But I can't see 3-4 skill points and some attribute points making that much difference in Normal, do you?
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:13 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertx333 View Post
I don't want to start an argument here but i would love to know, why this skipping feature is such an issue for you? It isn't like you start with level 60 or something like that, you start at the level you use the token which means you can start from level 1/2, and with that alone it gets harder, because the resistance reduction counts also for these Characters. So you still have to do the work of leveling and such... the only difference is you don't have to replay the Game three times with each character, which is in my opinion an good point, because you should only play an campaign if you are interested in it's content and story, so if you are forced to do it three times each character(and don't forget, GD is an Game which encourage you to play more than one character, so if you have atleast 5 characters it summs up to 15 playthrough which is INSANE) the Story | Campaign Content will get bland, stale and boring after awhile, like your favorite food if you have to eat it each day for a week or so.

And also what is the point set the price higher, instead of simply not buying it? The Feature is completly optional and you still can do your three-time runs if you want too...

Last edited by LightningYu; 01-18-2019 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:50 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningYu View Post
I don't want to start an argument here but i would love to know, why this skipping feature is such an issue for you? It isn't like you start with level 60 or something like that, you start at the level you use the token which means you can start from level 1/2, and with that alone it gets harder, because the resistance reduction counts also for these Characters. So you still have to do the work of leveling and such... the only difference is you don't have to replay the Game three times with each character, which is in my opinion an good point, because you should only play an campaign if you are interested in it's content and story, so if you are forced to do it three times each character(and don't forget, GD is an Game which encourage you to play more than one character, so if you have atleast 5 characters it summs up to 15 playthrough which is INSANE) the Story | Campaign Content will get bland, stale and boring after awhile, like your favorite food if you have to eat it each day for a week or so.

And also what is the point set the price higher, instead of simply not buying it? The Feature is completly optional and you still can do your three-time runs if you want too...
Yeah, not sure what the big deal about it is. If you want to play through Normal and Elite, you still can.

This is something players have been wanting for a very long time, kudos to Crate for delivering it. I, personally, have over 30 characters that have completed Normal... I'm sure there are some here with 50+. I would like a break from it.

Heck, this sort of thing is why POE actually redesigned their entire game, so players didn't have to play through 3 difficulties each new league. If anything, this creates an entirely new challenge... going through Ultimate without insane stats/maxxed resists? Count me in! Wonder how this will play out with the Hardcore crowd.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:59 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirePenguin View Post
Wonder how this will play out with the Hardcore crowd.

Yeah i wonder the same thing. first time i will try to start from elite and not ultimate, maybe crafting gear (adept greens and stuff like that) could help to keeping your guy/girl alive while levelling.

Last edited by They Live; 01-19-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:12 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Live View Post
Yeah i wonder the same thing. first time i will try to start from elite and not ultimate, maybe crafting gear (adept greens and stuff like that) could help to keeping your guy/girl alive while levelling.
Should have a new achievement for starting lvl 1 on Ultimate HC and completing the entire game.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:48 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirePenguin View Post
Yeah, not sure what the big deal about it is. If you want to play through Normal and Elite, you still can.

This is something players have been wanting for a very long time, kudos to Crate for delivering it. I, personally, have over 30 characters that have completed Normal... I'm sure there are some here with 50+. I would like a break from it.

Heck, this sort of thing is why POE actually redesigned their entire game, so players didn't have to play through 3 difficulties each new league. If anything, this creates an entirely new challenge... going through Ultimate without insane stats/maxxed resists? Count me in! Wonder how this will play out with the Hardcore crowd.
Well, that's one aspects where Diablo 3 ruined me, because until Diablo 3 it never bothered me to replay three times, like as example Diablo 2. And i'm still not against the general idea of an (as free choice) New Game+ Concept.

However i would go as far and say, if i compare to the Time of Diablo 2, there is also a big difference to modern HnS / ARPGs and classic ones. Diablo 2 were way more simply, in terms of mechanics as well if we look about content, gameplay and moreover Story. And though it did have predefined areas it mostly were random maps, plus you didn't have this mass of quests compared to modern ARPGs | HnS(though still not comparable to an proper RPG). I mean even for folks who didn't enjoy the Story of Diablo 3, the still must see how much work blizzard spent into this, if you compare to Diablo 2 where they were pretty barebones and a lot of the lore pretty hidden. The whole concept of Diablo 2 felt more sandbox than modern HnS with it's handcrafted(but beautiful) maps, which feel more linear compared to the classic ones.

So to get to my point, HnS like GD(or Diablo 3) which have a lot more focus (compared to the classic ones) to Story / Campaign, Quests, Sidequests, a lot more Mechanics etc, in my opinion kinda suffer if you have to replay it 3 times, because it doesn't feel like an sandbox environment anymore where all this aspects where only a small sidefeature of people who are invested into it. So in general in my opinion this three-time-difficulty game worked for diablo simply better... for modern Games i'm happy to have to option on skipping this and focus on one playthrough and level through areas in more sandbox approach^^
Old 01-21-2019, 08:52 PM
Initiate

Looking forward to this QOL feature! just grinding out gear to pass to my new oathbreaker build to ease the transition

Just waiting on the expansion now! more excited for this then most ofther realeases coming out!

Hopefully see it soon! can allready feel the anticipation setting in
Old Today, 02:22 AM
Initiate

Heyy when expansion come?