Old 01-09-2019, 06:03 AM
Initiate

Default So awesome because ...

... multiple ... SO many reasons :-)
  • single player untethered - I'm a fan
  • old school feel - also a fan, because I'm, er, old
  • replay value is through the roof - I have about 60 toons between lvl 35 and 85 and only finished AoM once ... stop laughing :-D ... can't finish a game before reading another build and then wanting to try out that one
  • you can play easy - don't have to minmax and can pretty much get through Normal with just trying out stuff
  • you can play hard - minmax, optimise, higher difficulties, hardcore, push the boundaries
  • theorycrafting - using GrimTools online and planning builds is fun in itself, it feels like an accomplishment when you can drop in that last Devotion point and complete that T3 constellation which turns your build into 'beyond broken', and then you get to have fun again and actually play it
  • game world - which actually has some serious lore if you read the notes and conversations

And that's just the game. Of course then there is the community side of it as well - thanks to all of you assorted nuts in the forums for adding to the experience with your builds, questions, suggestions, tangents, outright loony comments, etc. :-D

And, saving the best for last, ...
a dev team who is responsive - thanks again Crate for everything you guys are doing, which has gone well beyond 'just' making a game

my 2 iron bits worth ...

Oh yes and (a bit of a late) Happy New Year! Wishing you all many blessings and successes in 2019.

Regards,
cr
Old 01-09-2019, 08:23 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicRestarter View Post
... multiple ... SO many reasons :-)
  • single player untethered - I'm a fan
  • old school feel - also a fan, because I'm, er, old
  • replay value is through the roof - I have about 60 toons between lvl 35 and 85 and only finished AoM once ... stop laughing :-D ... can't finish a game before reading another build and then wanting to try out that one
  • you can play easy - don't have to minmax and can pretty much get through Normal with just trying out stuff
  • you can play hard - minmax, optimise, higher difficulties, hardcore, push the boundaries
  • theorycrafting - using GrimTools online and planning builds is fun in itself, it feels like an accomplishment when you can drop in that last Devotion point and complete that T3 constellation which turns your build into 'beyond broken', and then you get to have fun again and actually play it
  • game world - which actually has some serious lore if you read the notes and conversations

And that's just the game. Of course then there is the community side of it as well - thanks to all of you assorted nuts in the forums for adding to the experience with your builds, questions, suggestions, tangents, outright loony comments, etc. :-D

And, saving the best for last, ...
a dev team who is responsive - thanks again Crate for everything you guys are doing, which has gone well beyond 'just' making a game

my 2 iron bits worth ...

Oh yes and (a bit of a late) Happy New Year! Wishing you all many blessings and successes in 2019.

Regards,
cr
great description, also my opinion, splendid
also, i like the modding and MP-part as well!
keep up the amazing work Crate!
Old 01-09-2019, 08:59 AM
Champion

- The game is awesome because these silly devs have to much passion.
- They listen to the feedback of the community and communicate.
- To much interesting lore.
- To much build diversity.

Basically it is to much awesomeness.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Advocate

- Devs are very passionate and dedicated
- Devs are very experienced in the old school ARPG genre
- Devs pour part of their soul within every aspect of GD
- game is very dark, gritty and mature
- game is self-published
- game is just a better and upgraded Diablo 2 LoD - the True Diablo 3 we all have been wanting
Old 01-09-2019, 02:09 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo Elf View Post
Grim Dawn is not without its crippling flaws either.
Care to elaborate? Flaws yes, but crippling flaws?
Old 01-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudel View Post
Care to elaborate? Flaws yes, but crippling flaws?
I mean, there is this:

Old 01-09-2019, 07:26 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikenik View Post
I mean, there is this:

Ahah yeah you need a key dropped by some cultist corpse to enter a door already widely open.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:49 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Live View Post
Ahah yeah you need a key dropped by some cultist corpse to enter a door already widely open.
You just think it's a "crippling flaw" but it's actually a cultist illusion. You think they learn nothing during all those sacrifices?
Old 01-11-2019, 05:01 PM
Initiate

I really enjoy it. While the maps are indeed static, a few minor things are changed around so it's not as tedious as it would sound.

Class customization is great. not only do you get to pick two classes to use the skill trees to mix and match as you see fit, you have the constellation system to help other bonuses that can be applied to your skills or just use them as raw bonus stats. Whichever you prefer. I've respec'd my Commando at least 3 times in 3 completely different ways. each way felt different than the other, yet all 3 were easily viable if I put the effort in to collect the gear that would suit it best.

Lots of different gear to customize your looks, plus you have augments as well as charms to apply to your gear to further customize them to suit your needs, and there is a wide range of both to choose from for all item slots.

World feels more how Diablo should have been: Dark, grim, forboding and that underlying dread.

System requirements are not that high so I can play it on an older mid-range laptop (roughly 2nd generation i5, 6GB RAM, radeon HD 6700M) with lowered graphic settings, but my big system with everything maxed out looks great.

It's a great game! worth looking into for more details!

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Last edited by nateboussad; 01-16-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:45 PM
Initiate

What keeps me coming back is the seemingly endless possibilities for how to build and play my character. So as others have put it, the customization.

Oh, and no random stat rolls on legendaries is a big plus. Diablo 3 ruined farming gear for me with that idiotic system. I don't mind farming for perfect NUMBER rolls on gear, but to have to roll for both the perfect types of stats AND numbers for those stats is ridiculous. So thank you Grim Dawn for not being that with your legendaries.