Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 12-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neflak View Post
If I am unable to do gladiator 130-150, what is the other alternative?
Try to farm Challenger (up to 150 wave). It's much easier (you have extra resists, and enemies have weaker stats), though rewards are considerably lower as well.
Dont even try 151-170 on Challenger - they're actually harder than 130-150 Gladiator, and rewards are lower (lol).

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by the open/closed ringset... I have some decent rare rings but nothing like what the OP has.
Mythical Open Hand of Mercy / Mythical Closed Fist of Vengeance.
I avoided them earlier cause they'd drop OA a bit too low, but with changes to Crucible in latest patches, they're a valid option for Crucible now (i still wont advice them for campain due to too low OA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
Keeping stun res at 80 isn’t that crucial IMO. 50 is enough unless you wanna be super safe. DA, OA are low.
With Blessing of Ulo, even 47 Stun Resist is enough in Crucible, as it turns into 80% cap. Same for slow resist and other CC resists.

Quote:
Thank you for your time and your guide! It was awesome, my only suggestion would be to copy the advice you give in the middle of this thread on devotion leveling and/or skill ordering for leveling and throw them in the main post of the guide, I wondered the same stuff myself and eventually found it. THANK YOU!!
Well, for me it was so obvious, that you can learn some devotions temporary to gain required affinity, and then refund devotion points to make a proper build, that i didnt felt any need to mention it (and guide through it).

BTW, i learned Bard's Harp to fix any energy problems, and even forgot, which key an energy potion is bound to. I really dont like to drink it on regular basis...

My build/guide:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64706

Last edited by MortalKombat; 12-10-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:36 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalKombat View Post
Same for slow resist and other CC resists.
Actually no, the only CC resistance not covered by Ulo is slow resistance.
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Octavius injects a decilitre of horse hormones into untransmuted FW.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalKombat View Post

Mythical Open Hand of Mercy / Mythical Closed Fist of Vengeance.
I avoided them earlier cause they'd drop OA a bit too low, but with changes to Crucible in latest patches, they're a valid option for Crucible now (i still wont advice them for campain due to too low OA).
Open/closed ringset will up both oa and da as well as cast speed on this build at the cost of rr and %phys and some res. Toprolled, the set gives 150+8% oa and about 60+8%da (unless you don't kill anyone for 10 seconds which never happens in Crucible).

I'm not saying it's better. Just an option to consider for crucible.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
Open/closed ringset will up both oa and da as well as cast speed on this build at the cost of rr and %phys and some res. Toprolled, the set gives 150+8% oa and about 60+8%da (unless you don't kill anyone for 10 seconds which never happens in Crucible).
I have Forcewave character too, and my conclusions were similar: Judicator Seals are BiS. Matriarch + Coven Storm Seal having totally 10% RR and 180% more phys boost are not even similar to Judicators' performance.
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Octavius injects a decilitre of horse hormones into untransmuted FW.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:45 PM
Initiate

What do you do when you get a fabius + Iron maiden spawn on same wave? 100% uptime on war cry and they still can get lucky and just burst me 100 to 0. Is there any consumable we could use or something incase we get unlucky to have both spawn on the same wave?
Old 12-14-2018, 07:14 AM
Champion

Quote:
What do you do when you get a fabius + Iron maiden spawn on same wave? 100% uptime on war cry and they still can get lucky and just burst me 100 to 0. Is there any consumable we could use or something incase we get unlucky to have both spawn on the same wave?
I facetank them, obviously . Even if there're 2x Fabius + IM, or Fabius + 2x IM. Sure, i use consumables when things seem to go bad.
Sorry, forgot their exact names, but you can see all them in video in OP. There're:
- Lifesteal consumable w/o CD (faction)
- Aether resist consumable w/o CD (faction)
- 75% fumble aura consumable (faction) - VS Fabius/IM, it makes wonders!
- Armour/DA consumable (faction)
- 75% damage absorb consumable with huge CD (rare drop from Aether clusters) - when things get REALLY the shittiest way.
And there is an extra "spare" slot for whatever consumable you want to use. I used faction cosumable, that reduces resists, though it isnt really effective, i should admit.

My build/guide:
Old 12-17-2018, 12:37 AM
Initiate

Any tips for Lokarr with this build? I can't seemingly face tank him like I can triple nemesis bosses :P

edit: Only died once out of 6 or 7 attempts, as many as it took me to farm up the set for an alt. Just had to kite a bit, not stand in tornados and wait on war cry to stand and trade blows, but damn it feels punishing to run away from this guy. My fire is so overcapped and base at 84 and all that fire still destroys me.

I also wanted to ask you, do you rotate your rebuke into your rotation at all? (the active skill on weapon). I know it has a DA debuff associated with it according to the tooltip, so it would make sense to use it...

Last edited by Neflak; 12-17-2018 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:13 AM
Champion

Quote:
Any tips for Lokarr with this build? I can't seemingly face tank him like I can triple nemesis bosses :P

edit: Only died once out of 6 or 7 attempts, as many as it took me to farm up the set for an alt. Just had to kite a bit, not stand in tornados and wait on war cry to stand and trade blows, but damn it feels punishing to run away from this guy. My fire is so overcapped and base at 84 and all that fire still destroys me.

I also wanted to ask you, do you rotate your rebuke into your rotation at all? (the active skill on weapon). I know it has a DA debuff associated with it according to the tooltip, so it would make sense to use it...
I didnt tried Lokarr, actually. If you dont have enough %ADCTH to facetank him (and i suspect, you'll need a LOT VS solo boss) - just kite him, this build CAN perform kiting as well (even though he facetanks most of encounters).
I dont use Rebuke, i found it not worth my time/efforts, nor skillbar slot. It's a melee ability, and it's not convenient to use it as (technically) caster build, that uses medium-range abilities. I'd put another useful consumable on my skillbar instead.
And its damage isnt even as bonker as it might look like. With all that nasty "fumble" found in Crucible, all "attack" skills miss every second time.
As for DA debuff, Blitz+Blindside already provide that debuff, with much higher numerical value. Also, that debuf can proc from all weapon hits as well.

My build/guide:

Tags
build, forcewave, witchblade