#241  
Old 07-14-2018, 08:56 PM
Norzan Norzan is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryksa View Post
Actually, Grim Dawn is slow paced compared to TQ:AE:RAG. I always play with Very Fast setting. TQ world maybe larger and the character progression is slower, but the world is more engaging and combat is faster than in GD. In GD, there is no variety at all in world locations, not so much. Dark forest, dark swamps, dark dungeons, dark desolate towns, thats it.
Uh, no. TQ only gets variety starting in Act 3 and even then it repeats a lot of enviroments. Greece is nothing but green plains for pretty much all of it, with the ocassional tomb and cave and the latter two all look the same. Even repeats layouts. Egypt is a giant map of sand with no variety whatsoever except for a couple of oasis. Act 3 gets better but still has a lot of green plains which still just look like the ones from Greece. Act 4 has actual variety, same with Act 5.

Meanwhile act 1 of GD has swamps, destroyed towns, caves with actual different layouts, an underground transit and underground lab. That's way more than act 1 of TQ. Same with Act 2 having way more variety than Act 2 of TQ just for the fact is not an huge map of nothing but sand and repeated tombs. Then there's forts, farmlands, an entire snowy road, a battlefield with mines, and the void areas. It seems you are just understating quite heavily how much variety there's in the game to make TQ seem to have more or just have selective memory.

I can also oversimplify the amount of variety in TQ by saying is not but green plains, sand, snow, forest and the underworld areas of Immortal Throne. See how easy it is? I actually got tired way quicker to TQ enviroments than the ones in GD.

Not to mention how long the acts can get. I can beat all three difficults in GD in around 35 hours and that's me doing everything. TQ can get so long even with the speed up option. Easily twice of GD.

And combat is faster? Are you serious? Combat in GD is way faster and more dynamic, TQ combat now feels stiff and clunky, specially with how your characters locks in place when targeting an enemy. Now to mention the really bad targeting.
__________________
List of my characters is too large to fit in this box.

Last edited by Norzan; 07-14-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 08-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Blake Blake is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuelue View Post
Imo TQ didnīt age very well.

I fired it up again when Ragnarok came out, but I just canīt play TQ anymore, it feels like walking through hip deep mud. Well I playing GD surely spoiled me a little.

I guess I sunk at least 2k hours into TQ back in the day, but itīs simply old now. It was awesome back then, but the feeling I had playing it, I canīt get that back now, alas.

You can get that feeling back. Just play Grim Dawn 😝

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 10-18-2018, 06:59 AM
Natt's Avatar
Natt Natt is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 95
Default

Yeah, I love TQ to death, but every time I'm thinking about starting TQ I ask myself "Why not just start GD?". I didn't even beat Legendary (only killed Hydra). Grim Dawn ruined TQ for me, I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 10-18-2018, 07:10 AM
USER_NAME_01's Avatar
USER_NAME_01 USER_NAME_01 is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natt View Post
Yeah, I love TQ to death, but every time I'm thinking about starting TQ I ask myself "Why not just start GD?". I didn't even beat Legendary (only killed Hydra). Grim Dawn ruined TQ for me, I guess.
I played TQ for a while, like 13h or something and felt way better than playing GD. To me, GD is just a copy of TQ with additional features, which are cool for a while and then it goes on cool down, making me think they're not as cool, again for a while. :P

I finito'd TQ like maybe 7 times, only once on legendary (that was before anniversary) and I have to admit it's WAY more exciting than finishing GD. I actually was never excited when I was finishing GD, it just seemed boring/shit to me. I basically don't like the story at all, but the gameplay is good, while I can't find anything I don't like about TQ. It might sound bias or whatever, but actually I think it might be because I am more into the older games than the newer ones.
__________________
#NoHomoFullGay

Last edited by USER_NAME_01; 10-18-2018 at 07:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 10-18-2018, 10:27 AM
kukuhimanpr's Avatar
kukuhimanpr kukuhimanpr is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER_NAME_01 View Post
I played TQ for a while, like 13h or something and felt way better than playing GD. To me, GD is just a copy of TQ with additional features, which are cool for a while and then it goes on cool down, making me think they're not as cool, again for a while. :P

I finito'd TQ like maybe 7 times, only once on legendary (that was before anniversary) and I have to admit it's WAY more exciting than finishing GD. I actually was never excited when I was finishing GD, it just seemed boring/shit to me. I basically don't like the story at all, but the gameplay is good, while I can't find anything I don't like about TQ. It might sound bias or whatever, but actually I think it might be because I am more into the older games than the newer ones.
Maybe because when we play TQ, it feels like we're going into a great adventures. We feel like being a part of the epic greek-egypt-oriental-norse mythologies. We really feel like we're thrown back into the ancient times. It feels like we're becoming kid again daydreaming about adventures.

While when we play GD, it feels more like we're an inquisitor/detective/agent investigating mysteries in a grim, unknown world that ooze despair and depression at nearly every corner. And its more focused on gameplay/mix-maxing /experimenting builds. its more serious and somber.

Your point about nostalgia synergizes strongly with TQ's world design being mostly from real world's ancient civilizations and beautiful untainted nature sceneries.
__________________
The pistol and rifle sound effects in Grim Dawn is missing something important.
Reload sfx.
No need to add extra animation. just add some extra shooting sfx variations.
*Turn Bang Bang Bang into Bang Bang Clicky Bang*
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 10-18-2018, 10:35 AM
USER_NAME_01's Avatar
USER_NAME_01 USER_NAME_01 is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuhimanpr View Post
Maybe because when we play TQ, it feels like we're going into a great adventures. We feel like being a part of the epic greek-egypt-oriental-norse mythologies. We really feel like we're thrown back into the ancient times. It feels like we're becoming kid again daydreaming about adventures.

While when we play GD, it feels more like we're an inquisitor/detective/agent investigating mysteries in a grim, unknown world that ooze despair and depression at nearly every corner. And its more focused on gameplay/mix-maxing /experimenting builds. its more serious and somber.

Your point about nostalgia synergizes strongly with TQ's world design being mostly from real world's ancient civilizations and beautiful untainted nature sceneries.
I like that, feels about right, to be honest.
__________________
#NoHomoFullGay
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 10-18-2018, 10:41 AM
Norzan Norzan is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4,178
Default

I no longer can play in Titan Quest in any capacity when it just plays much more inferior to Grim Dawn. And the story doesn't help either because i always found it boring. The first three acts are pretty much the same exact thing, follow a Telkine and it gets old by Act 3. Act 4 is much better in this department and i didn't even finished Ragnarok because i found it boring as well.
__________________
List of my characters is too large to fit in this box.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 10-18-2018, 11:47 AM
USER_NAME_01's Avatar
USER_NAME_01 USER_NAME_01 is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
I no longer can play in Titan Quest in any capacity when it just plays much more inferior to Grim Dawn. And the story doesn't help either because i always found it boring. The first three acts are pretty much the same exact thing, follow a Telkine and it gets old by Act 3. Act 4 is much better in this department and i didn't even finished Ragnarok because i found it boring as well.
I mean, you do kill theoretically the same boss three times, but there are three different Telkines. I didn't play Ragnarok yet so idk.
__________________
#NoHomoFullGay
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 10-18-2018, 11:54 AM
el critico's Avatar
el critico el critico is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER_NAME_01 View Post
I mean, you do kill theoretically the same boss three times, but there are three different Telkines. I didn't play Ragnarok yet so idk.
you should avoid rnarok like plague because it ruins the entire titan quest experience
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
There's not going to be a Paladin mastery, begin your shame.
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 10-18-2018, 12:03 PM
Natt's Avatar
Natt Natt is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 95
Default

Reason why I love GD more, because I can be more creative and create way more interesting builds in GD.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
titan quest

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletinŪ 3.8.4 Đ2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.