#1  
Old 08-09-2018, 09:55 PM
xZeroW xZeroW is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Angry Mod saves not saving

I copied my character from the main campaign to users folder (mod folder) when i play with mod nothing i do changes, but if i unequip some armor it does change, but not on the mod save, it changes on the main folder

any idea?

edit1: tried copying the main save to mod folder, deleted the main save, when i get ingame take my armor off and exit to main menu everything goes back and a save is created on the main campaign

Last edited by xZeroW; 08-09-2018 at 10:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-09-2018, 10:32 PM
mamba's Avatar
mamba mamba is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZeroW View Post
I copied my character from the main campaign to users folder (mod folder) when i play with mod nothing i do changes, but if i unequip some armor it does change, but not on the mod save, it changes on the main folder

any idea?
yes, mod chars have a flag set that vanilla chars have not set, to distinguish between the two. It is not just a matter of which dir they are in.

As the chars in your user dir do not have that flag set, they get saved to the main dir

You will either have to start new chars in the mod (so they have the flag set), use some tool to set the flag for your existing chars, or use symbolic links (not sure how, but that too should do the trick according to some posts in this forum)

Quote:
edit1: tried copying the main save to mod folder, deleted the main save, when i get ingame take my armor off and exit to main menu everything goes back and a save is created on the main campaign
see above, if the flag is not set, the char is saved to the main dir
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-09-2018, 11:34 PM
xZeroW xZeroW is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Default

thanks for explaining that.
do you know some tool do change flags?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-09-2018, 11:58 PM
mamba's Avatar
mamba mamba is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZeroW View Post
thanks for explaining that.
do you know some tool do change flags?
the following tools should be able to

GD Defiler (not sure if this is up-to-date however)

GD Stash

Save File Editor which I only mention for completeness... it certainly is the least user friendly

When using cloud save, do not have GD running while making changes to the save files...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-10-2018, 12:27 AM
xZeroW xZeroW is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Default

GDStash did the job, thank you sir.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bug, mod, save

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.