Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 10-21-2018, 12:39 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
Venomblade can easily be good if they also add 100%phys to acid conversion to RoS and also CDR. Why on earth do those weapons have to deal physical damage? I get that it's a sword and a dildo so please add full phys-acid conversions.

Also: NB is like that kid who owns hundreds of cheap toys. Binder owns a few but those are easily worth twice the first kid's fortune.
While I agree with the Conversion and the CDR side of things you still have to deal with the energy issue, especially with the CDR. How would you solve that? With another medal? So far Basilisk Marks seem to be the Meta to get Pierce to Acid conversion to RoS.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:46 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeletorOne View Post
While I agree with the Conversion and the CDR side of things you still have to deal with the energy issue, especially with the CDR. How would you solve that? With another medal? So far Basilisk Marks seem to be the Meta to get Pierce to Acid conversion to RoS.
Ectoplasm and Arcane Spark . Will it be sad to give up Runebound Topaz? Yeah sure, but not having Topaz on rings doesn't make a build unplayable, especially looking at those PB WH builds who can't run campaign without chugging those green things on their rings.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:59 PM
Champion

Quote:
Ectoplasm and Arcane Spark . Will it be sad to give up Runebound Topaz? Yeah sure, but not having Topaz on rings doesn't make a build unplayable, especially looking at those PB WH builds who can't run campaign without chugging those green things on their rings.
Occultist need something to deal with mana pita. Nearly every build with occultist in spec end as pot-junkie.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:02 PM
Champion

Quote:
One of the reason why I prefer PB Reaper over PB WH >_>
Old 10-21-2018, 02:03 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
Kobra too. Fluff` say that Spellbinder is GD richboy, but judging from the amount of sets NB is clearly ahead in this area.
Binder is a class though rather than mastery.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:18 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
One of the reason why I prefer PB Reaper over PB WH >_>
The compromises/sacrifices to get a WH on par with other Classes are just too high. We need something here.

#MakeMeleeWitchHuntersGreatAgain
Old 10-21-2018, 03:26 PM
Champion

Finally this took off

Also, I feel like rich boy of GD is definitely Soldier. Crate adores this class and just spoils it with insane gear every patch and expansion. Also Inquisitor, but that's obvious.

And Nightblade does have a lot of toys but as x1x2 pointed out those are mostly cheap toys and meme level sets.

#MakeMeleeWitchHuntersGreatAgain
#MakeCasterWitchHuntersGreatAgain (because DEE is below mediocre and Dreeg's set is a disaster)
Old 10-21-2018, 05:02 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
#MakeCasterWitchHuntersGreatAgain (because DEE is below mediocre and Dreeg's set is a disaster)
Cold/Acid DEE WHEN
Old 10-21-2018, 05:24 PM
Advocate

Quote:
also, I feel like rich boy of GD is definitely Soldier.
Soldier was the Inquisitor of the base GD. It definitely is favored in many ways.

Quote:
because DEE is below mediocre and Dreeg's set is a disaster
This is not isolated to WH. DEE is bad for every combo. In fact, WH is good enough that it can make arguably the best mess out of this bad skill, more so than any other combo! - in terms of relying on DEE acid alone. Shaman and Necro have their own inherent strengths/skills to compensate for the lacking transmuted vit DEE.

Last edited by hammyhamster1; 10-21-2018 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:00 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
Cold/Acid DEE WHEN
That's a sick idea! Add Cold/Frostburn damage to DEE set and some +skills to Nightblade. Rework set bonuses into something like "50% of vitality damage converted to cold and 50% of acid converted to cold". And you got yourself a really cool set that supports two different elements and it makes sense.

This and a melee set with pure cold and pure acid weapon and an auto-attack replacer or some respectable amount of cdr for SS or Ring of Steel.

But something tells me that Crate is going to do three more items for Forcewave and few more for Rune of Haggarad and the set that has a chaos auto-attack will be abused by Deceivers with Harbinger set and will make chaos WH look silly.