Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 03-14-2018, 12:00 AM
Champion

Default [Feedback]: M. Herald of Blazing Ends

I tested this weapon extensively while cooking up a new Crucible sorc. And I found it pretty underwhelming compared to Warpfire. Bonus to BWC is good just on paper, proc is not that impressive and has a very long cooldown. No RR or +skills makes it a non-competitive weapon for Burn builds.

Ideas:

- Make the cooldown of the proc shorter (3 seconds)
- Add some kind of RR to the proc
- Add +skills to Demolitionist
- Make BWC burn boost at least twice as big
- Buff %burn damage

Any of these changes would make the weapon competitive.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:00 AM
Counsel

I didn't try this weapon, but looking at it's stats my eyes keep going back to that "2 second duration to bwc" line. It should be awesome for non-transmuted bwc builds since it lets you stack up (much) more of it (spammable bwc is about the flat fire (as it stacks) rather than the burn (as it don't)).

It's like bonespike for ravenous earth builds.
And bonespike is pretty good.

If you didn't try it (herald) with a bwc spam build, you might want to. If you did and it feals weak still, then it could might use a buff indeed (altough i personally think that a game like this needs weaker items too to define the stronger ones).

just my 2c
Gallop, you plan to add, podzemele bagels?
Old 03-14-2018, 11:30 AM
Champion

Quote:
I didn't try this weapon, but looking at it's stats my eyes keep going back to that "2 second duration to bwc" line. It should be awesome for non-transmuted bwc builds since it lets you stack up (much) more of it (spammable bwc is about the flat fire (as it stacks) rather than the burn (as it don't)).
Direct dmg on BWC line is pathetic, ~90 flat fire dmg at 22/12 .
Due to 275% multiplier transmuted BWC is superior to non-transmuted unless you do 5 stacks =)
Old 03-14-2018, 12:16 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
Due to 275% multiplier transmuted BWC is superior to non-transmuted unless you do 5 stacks =)
I think that:

this: 75 Burn Damage over 3 Seconds to Blackwater Cocktail

this: +140% Burn Damage with +70% Increased Duration

and this: 424 Burn Damage over 2 Seconds
Stun target for 2 Second

Is what really matters (for transmuted - it's the only way I played with this weapon).

Idk about bwc spam. I wanted a Chaos one. I think it can attain more dmg. But I have other things to try atm
Old 03-14-2018, 12:49 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
That's 90 flat damage per second per cast.

Let's say you have mediocre casting speed bonus so you spam out only like 3 bwc/second.

Thats 270/s after 1 sec, 540/s after 2, 810/s after 3, 1080/s after 4, and that's when the first one wears off so it's 1080/ sec from now on.

With +2 sec duration the potential dps is increased by a net 50%.

Sure, you have to be able to facetank things but still.

Don't get me wrong, the last time i used spammable bwc was pre AoM, since we have other great choices of spammable stuff in a fire build (and you can very much get by with not spamming anything since DoTs are strong af).

So i'm agreeing with you that as of now, high potency is stronger and much convenient and flexible, but imho that doesn't mean that all item support for bwc should be tailor-made for it and ignore the non-transmuted version's needs.
Gallop, you plan to add, podzemele bagels?
Old 03-14-2018, 12:53 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyGandalf View Post
That's 90 flat damage per second per cast.
There is also this
Old 03-14-2018, 01:20 PM
Herald

I think this is more about Warpfire (and other bwc items such as wyrmbone gloves) being so good than Herald being bad. With how easy capping BWC is, I would rather use Warpfire for the superior proc and the +skills. I think Herald would shine if some BWC bonuses are removed from IK set and/or wyrmbone gloves while hersld isnleft untouched or buffed.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:25 PM
Ascendant

How about we turn this into a non-BWC weapon? That proc is far too attractive to let it go to waste like this

How about 90 Burn Damage Over 3 seconds to Forcewave ? It'd would go well with the existing Burn mod on the conduit for FW.

It'd open up a build possibility for those who are interested and give this weapon an actual identity

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 03-14-2018, 01:36 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyGandalf View Post

It's like bonespike for ravenous earth builds.
And bonespike is pretty good.

If you didn't try it (herald) with a bwc spam build, you might want to. If you did and it feals weak still, then it could might use a buff indeed (altough i personally think that a game like this needs weaker items too to define the stronger ones).

just my 2c
Times when BWC spam builds shined in Crucible are over I am afraid. And even if one manages a competitive BWC spam sorc, what use is that duration bonus anyway if you can spam like six bottles in 2 seconds?
Old 03-14-2018, 03:43 PM
Champion

I think +1 Inquisitor and extra burning dmg for rune of Kalastor on this mace could make it competitive for burning purifiers.