Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Rants

Old 01-10-2019, 04:42 PM
Lord Advocate

Well I did it. I finally beat wave 160......................................

Just to die on 161
I'm a sad panda

At this rate it will only take me 300 more characters to beat 170. I got this no problemo.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Praetorian

not sure what class/classes you are playing but you should give this conjurer a shot http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80406 I've very much been enjoying play him, and he's pretty safe.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:22 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbistimg View Post
Yeah I'll delete everything again once the new expansion drops like I did when game left early access and AoM was released.
Did you delete recipes and stash as well? I did, I think I kind of regret it as there are still lots of recipes that I'm missing.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:52 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsumpossum View Post
Did you delete recipes and stash as well? I did, I think I kind of regret it as there are still lots of recipes that I'm missing.
yeah when AoM was released I deleted everything, this time I will keep the recipes as they are a bitch to get.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:54 PM
Emissary

Quote:
yeah when AoM was released I deleted everything, this time I will keep the recipes as they are a bitch to get.
Yeah, me too. I can't decide if I'll delete again. There's a part of me that wants to, but I still only have 1 complete level 94 legendary set and it's one with 3 pieces that is for skills I could not care less about.

Here's to hoping they add a lightning orb, spammable, ability in some form in the expansion. I bitched and moaned, screamed and cried, for Chain Lightning for so long, but I hate the implementation (requiring an actual mouseover target to cast) and have made no build using it. It's tough out here for the lightning spam crew.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:47 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsumpossum View Post
Yeah, me too. I can't decide if I'll delete again. There's a part of me that wants to, but I still only have 1 complete level 94 legendary set and it's one with 3 pieces that is for skills I could not care less about.

Here's to hoping they add a lightning orb, spammable, ability in some form in the expansion. I bitched and moaned, screamed and cried, for Chain Lightning for so long, but I hate the implementation (requiring an actual mouseover target to cast) and have made no build using it. It's tough out here for the lightning spam crew.
yeah i was there with you bitching aboot chain lightning. And like you I hate both versions they added (not sure why they had to make them both target locked). Now I just want them to buff Lightning Nova by giving me a Mythical Lightning Nova or something
Old 01-11-2019, 12:05 AM
Emissary

Reaper is fine unless you get 2 of them and can't kill them fast enough to prevent them from summoning up an army of wraiths.

I dread Grava and Aleks more. Imagine 2x Grava...

They should add an optional challenge of facing Ravager/Moggy in the crucible . Now that would be fun (not).
Old 01-11-2019, 09:40 AM
Counsel

you know you can just s&e out of there and do tribute farming until a doable spawn comes, right?

I had something similar on my pre.krieg DK and wave 130 (but aspirant since my gear was so trashy. Yes that trashy), with Benn, Wraiths, and Fabulous. The RR + trapment + trapment based RR + Fabulous was too much damage.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromonokli View Post
you know you can just s&e out of there and do tribute farming until a doable spawn comes, right?

I had something similar on my pre.krieg DK and wave 130 (but aspirant since my gear was so trashy. Yes that trashy), with Benn, Wraiths, and Fabulous. The RR + trapment + trapment based RR + Fabulous was too much damage.
No I can't man, that's not my way

I actually got to 169 last night on a beefy death night, but 161 till I died was 30 minutes lol
Next try will be a bit less beef and a lil more deeps

So close now, it might actually happen.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:38 AM
Emissary

Quote:
No I can't man, that's not my way

I actually got to 169 last night on a beefy death night, but 161 till I died was 30 minutes lol
Next try will be a bit less beef and a lil more deeps

So close now, it might actually happen.
You can do it! *Cheers on while stuffing face with Barrowholm stew*

Btw, also try the concept of divide and conquer. It is easier to tackle the bosses one by one and the Legion map works best for it imo.