Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 01-15-2019, 03:28 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
I can't load the video unfortunately. But sick result!

My final advice (that might not work) - drop Beronath Shard, use another Coldstone, get Shadow Strike to 22/16 or 24/16 and NJE to 14/12 (or whenever the bp is). And maybe get those blue pants with SS bonus and Beasts damage. So basically use two nukes, ABB and basic attack with WPS in-between. It might edge your current version (or not).
Well, better go all in and drop autoattacks entirely to invest in RoS for a 3-nuke rotation + abb. Not sure if you'll have enough points tho.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:03 PM
Speaker

very very impressive
Although I like to bind RoH to Blades of Wrath to 1 shot nemesis, I can't argue that this BD is the definition of pure glass cannon.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:41 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
Well, better go all in and drop autoattacks entirely to invest in RoS for a 3-nuke rotation + abb. Not sure if you'll have enough points tho.
Auto-attacks are suprisingly powerful with N&O, I've noticed it on several builds that I have tried with this swords. This paricular builds has huge Pierce to Cold conversion as well as decent Phys to Cold so all Nightblade's WPS will be pretty strong. I think ABB+SS+RoH + few auto-attacks here and there should be pretty strong. But it has to be tested.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:46 PM
Praetorian

Another thing about aleks meteor is that is classified as a projectile... Thus the damage can be deflected, thus meaning it does zero damage. Infiltrators easily can have over 50% deflect via seal transmuter and shadow dance
Old 01-15-2019, 04:49 PM
Emissary

Hey sorry about the vid. Upload got stuck. It's on now. Actually it's kinda crazy because now I watched it in full and realized that I got low heath mutator on 160-170 AND two Reapers+Maiden+Fabius on 170 and I just facetanked them four with 12k health, 2.7k da and caster armor in Gladiator Crucible (yeah, and with Theodin still alive). WTF. Lol, I bet clear times would be better if four Reapers showed up because they would converge faster to the good N&O beating lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
I can't load the video unfortunately. But sick result!

My final advice (that might not work) - drop Beronath Shard, use another Coldstone, get Shadow Strike to 22/16 or 24/16 and NJE to 14/12 (or whenever the bp is). And maybe get those blue pants with SS bonus and Beasts damage. So basically use two nukes, ABB and basic attack with WPS in-between. It might edge your current version (or not).
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2
I'm not discarding this advice. Just about all of the builds I posted here I improved thanks to the comments by the veterans. But I don't think any of it is possible. I feel the power of this setup comes from 1) the ingenious devotion setup from John_Smith where everything just clicks for melee, 2) melee, 3) rune. Sacrificing any of that for nukefest with no cdr feels like trying to revive Clairvoyant. And points are hardly enough to max even SS let alone NJE and RoS. I tried to shuffle points and it didn't seem be possible for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valinov
Another thing about aleks meteor is that is classified as a projectile... Thus the damage can be deflected, thus meaning it does zero damage. Infiltrators easily can have over 50% deflect via seal transmuter and shadow dance
Not exactly. Though what you say is correct, I did TAKE those meteors I didn't avoid. They hurt but just didn't kill me somehow.

Last edited by ya_; 01-15-2019 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:02 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
Hey sorry about the vid. Upload got stuck. It's on now. Actually it's kinda crazy because now I watched it in full and realized that I got low heath mutator on 160-170 AND two Reapers+Maiden+Fabius on 170 and I just facetanked them four with 12k health, 2.7k da and caster armor in Gladiator Crucible (yeah, and with Theodin still alive). WTF.

I'm not discarding this advice. Just about all of the builds I posted here I improved thanks to the comments by the veterans. But I don't think any of it is possible. I feel the power of this setup comes from 1) the ingenious devotion setup from John_Smith where everything just clicks for melee, 2) melee, 3) rune. Sacrificing any of that for nukefest with no cdr feels like trying to revive Clairvoyant. And points are hardly enough to max even SS let alone NJE and RoS. I tried to shuffle points and it didn't seem be possible for me.

Not exactly. Though what you say is correct, I did TAKE those meteors I didn't avoid. They hurt but just didn't kill me somehow.
Well he also classified as a human/aetherial so it would be reduced by the % reduction of WoR
Old 01-16-2019, 12:41 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valinov View Post
Well he also classified as a human/aetherial so it would be reduced by the % reduction of WoR
WoR reduces dmg from Eldritch and Chtonians.

I think the reason why you're able to eat the meteors with such wet tissue build is that it can only be his first one, the one with 2 second initial use timeout. As he usually comes out of south-west he's the first one to die and he never gets to cast his second meteor. And 2 seconds in the wave, sue to SS and mobility, you might still be free of debuffs, even his own rr. So the meteor isn't as strong as usual. Maybe...

Last edited by ya_; 01-16-2019 at 12:53 PM.