Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 06-22-2018, 08:49 AM
Supporter

Default [1.0.6.1] Nature's Guardian Physical Pet Conjurer - No MI - 12 min 151-170 - very safe

Grim Tools

Equipment:
Mythical Beastcaller's set
Mythical Heart of the Mountain
2 x Mythical Spiritbinder Glyph
Mythical Wildshorn Legguards
Mythical Overload's Iron Grip
Mythical Fiendflesh Greaves
Mythical Voidmancer's Coil
Primal Instinct

Mythical Black Scourge
Cataclysm's Eye

I did a lot of experimenting and didn't find a clear winner for either weapon or off-hand. I ultimately chose Cataclysm's Eye for the +1 skills and Chaos resist, and Black Scourge for the pet OA, attack speed, resists, and for the CDR. This build benefits heavily from high CDR both for Primal Spirit and for Nature's Guardian. This setup has +12 to Primal Sprit, so one of the Spiritbinder Glyphs could be replaced but their other bonuses are still very good and worth using.

The devotion setup is based around the following ordered priorities: Nature's Guardian, Physical RR, Aether and Chaos resistance, Pet bonuses.
Spoiler!

This build is tanky enough to take some hits. It has lots of health, lots of healing between Blood of Dreeg and Wendigo Totem, and high resists, including 54% physical resist. This build also doesn't draw a lot of agro as the only attack skill is Curse of Frailty. Combined with Nature's Guardian to keep focus on the pets, you almost never have to kite.

The pets have enough health and resistances that they can tank multiple AoM Nemesis at once on waves 160 and 170 with a well placed Wendigo Totem. When facing multiple Reapers I sometimes have to kite one of them while my pets all focus on the other, but otherwise my usual technique is to spam Curse of Frailty while taking a few steps back every now and then to avoid getting surrounded, and stay within range of a Wendigo Totem as much as possible. This build is very easy to play.

Crucible:
Gladiator 151-170 in 12:30

Wih 4 blessings, Gladiator 151-170 clear times vary from 11 to 14 minutes. It is getting a little faster for me on average as I learn to pilot a little better, but nemesis/modifier luck is the biggest factor.

For overall farming efficiency, I typically use 2 blessings(Empyrion's Guidance and Might of Amatok) to do 151-160, 141-150, and then 131-150 with a couple of minutes to spare and a net of +11 tribute points. I prefer Crucible of the Sands for it's maneuverability.

Super Bosses
Took down Mogdrogen easily in 6:30.

Ravager of Souls was much more difficult, he took closer to 20 minutes. The first half was easy as my pets stayed alive and held agro. The second half was much more difficult as he started to kill my pets. They typically lived longer than their skill cooldowns, but as they died and lost agro he'd come after me. I had to kite a lot and took a lot of damage. I switched to Mogdrogen's Ardor for the fight as the Swarmlings were useless and the extra pet Aether resist was useful.

I haven't fought Lokarr yet with this build, will update if/when I do.

Last edited by sigatrev; 07-04-2018 at 04:38 AM.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:42 AM
Initiate

bump for a nice build

hope there will be a video XD
Old 06-24-2018, 07:23 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilky View Post
bump for a nice build

hope there will be a video XD
Thanks. I added a crucible video to the OP for you.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:34 PM
Herald

As a big fan of pet builds and Ishtak, I can say good job here
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Octavius injects a decilitre of horse hormones into untransmuted FW.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:02 AM
Speaker

Finally I will be able to upgrade my old Conjurer to a Crucible-worthy build! Thank you for sharing this build.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:10 PM
Supporter

I have similar set-up (rings are difficult and i use Empowered of Og'Napesh as an off-hand), but Mogdrogen just annihilates me on Ultimate.

Any specific tips/guidance for preparation to fight him?
Old 06-25-2018, 05:10 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngmarDT View Post
I have similar set-up (rings are difficult and i use Empowered of Og'Napesh as an off-hand), but Mogdrogen just annihilates me on Ultimate.

Any specific tips/guidance for preparation to fight him?
Augment all of your armor with Spellward Powder or Kymon's Conduit to overcap your lightning resist by 80+.

During the fight, as much as possible I stood inside the Wendigo Totem, but would move when he used his electrical storm skill or one of the his summons used Grasping Vines. As soon as he summoned anything I'd be sure to Curse of Frailty everything to ensure lots of Swarmlings got summoned, allowing the Swarmlings to do a lot of the cleanup of his minions. When he started attacking me instead of my pets, I'd just try run around to keep my pets between us a much as possible, and pretty soon Nature's Guardian would trigger again.

I tried fighting him once on an earlier version of this build (using more of the L3 Primordial Devotions instead of Acid Spray, and I think a shield too). It was much slower, and eventually I lost in the second half. He has very high resists to RR is very important for the fight.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Initiate

Hi I've recently returned to Grim Dawn after a long hiatus. I've got a conjurer and I'm trying to replicate your build. I was wondering if I could ask for a little help with the devotion system because I'm a little confused and I don't remember how I did it in the past.

So currently I'm specced into: Raven, Shepherd's Crook, Assassin's Blade, Crane and health crossroads... but I can't seem to unlock any of the other constellations? I know this is probably a stupid question and I'm missing something obvious but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong!
Old 07-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, you probably are, but devotions can be difficult to figure out sometimes. Looking at what he's got end game I would say you need to put a point into the green (Eldritch) node on Crossroads which should then unlock Manticore. After that you need to put a point into the blue (Primoridal) Crossroads to unlock the others. What he's done somewhere along the way is buy back some of the Crossroads points to use elsewhere. You do that at the Spirit Guide.

Do wish people posting guides would make a detailed Devotion trail so others know how they did it. It's not always easy to work out and not everyone has time or even wants to work it out in grimtools.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:37 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
I was wondering if I could ask for a little help with the devotion system because I'm a little confused and I don't remember how I did it in the past.
I added the order I took devotions to the OP.

Tags
conjurer, pet