Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 06-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepowerofmediocrity View Post
I attempted a few 150-170 runs, 3 buffs, no banners, Crucible of the Sands.

Observations:
  • You definitely want a Stormcaller banner, or else you risk losing your blessings at 170
  • As always, go for the healers (the named healers in 161 are in your mid-left in Sands, and there are a bunch of healers in 168 that I didn't realize until all the Heros were healed fully multiple times) and the names that spawn adds (Wave 161 has multiple Overgrowth Heroes that spawn multiple adds in addition to the Healer names). Use your Primal Spirit + Call of the Beast burst damage to delete the healers + Heros / Bosses that spawn adds before you have to deal with wave after wave of trash mob just to re-engage the Heroes.
  • Save your bursts for the start of a major wave (AoM Nemesis Wave or Wave 161 healers), you have to make sure you can delete as many major problem enemies as possible so you can time your damage floors with a lightened wave load.
  • For Wave 159, blitz the Sentinel. The last thing you want is to have the Sentinel turn your pets against you while you're trying to avoid all the other Boss enemies.
  • Double Reaper of the Lost is almost definitely a run-killer, due to how many Wraiths they spawn and how hard they hit. 1 Reaper is definitely doable, but 2 is too much.

I thought I had Wave 170 in the bag, as I killed Kupa and had Alex down to around 10-20% HP. Then he tactical nuked my pets (I thought I positioned myself under the arch to nullify the meteor but he somehow positioned it to blow up every single one of my pets at once) and I died.

I'm not going to let that bother me, I've seen enough to prove that definitely with 3 buffs + 1 banner and potentially without the banner, this build is 170 viable. This is with the Primal Instinct Relic, by the way - you definitely want the extra pets to blitz the problem areas when the wave starts.
What a shame, try again , you can do it!
Old 06-10-2018, 01:53 AM
Advocate

Updated the image in the OP. This time I did 4 buffs + banner just to see how quickly I can do it. Time was around 20 minutes or so, which is slow, but I never felt in danger, even with Double Reaper in Wave 160 and Reaper + Alex in 170. If you're going for Legendary loot farming, definitely do 1 banner + 2 buffs and go 100-150 as you get much more Legendary items with far better Tribute keeping than going for 150-170 on one set of blessings.

I personally love playing highly defensive pet builds with no regards to slower offense, as I can't stand the feeling of being on the edge of death. I'm thrilled to see this build be able to conquer 170, even if it required a bit of help from the Crucible Gods in order to do so.
NOTE: All builds that I post are directly created with GDStash (all valid prefix/suffix combos) for the purpose of testing and demonstrating what is possible. I used to have a legit character used for trading before the expansion, but I have not used him since AoM was released.

Open to any PMs from those interested in playing pet builds.

Currently playing: Grimarillion (first legit, then TAS)
Old 06-10-2018, 03:37 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepowerofmediocrity View Post
Updated the image in the OP. This time I did 4 buffs + banner just to see how quickly I can do it. Time was around 20 minutes or so, which is slow, but I never felt in danger, even with Double Reaper in Wave 160 and Reaper + Alex in 170. If you're going for Legendary loot farming, definitely do 1 banner + 2 buffs and go 100-150 as you get much more Legendary items with far better Tribute keeping than going for 150-170 on one set of blessings.

I personally love playing highly defensive pet builds with no regards to slower offense, as I can't stand the feeling of being on the edge of death. I'm thrilled to see this build be able to conquer 170, even if it required a bit of help from the Crucible Gods in order to do so.
This is amazing!

Congrats!!
Old 06-12-2018, 10:06 PM
Advocate

Since the devotion changes in 1.0.6.0 grant us plenty of strong resistances, a separate Grimtools for no MIs is no longer necessary, as you can just about swap the MI shield for Swarm Ravna Shield 1 for 1 with little repercussions. In its place, I've placed a Maximum Pet Retaliation version with 2 Briarthorn Bands while keeping your pet offense intact. That does mean you have to replace a weapon component with Blessed Steel and hit the monster from time to time to keep your flat RR intact, but this build is tanky enough to throw in a few hits.

I have updated the Leveling guide to include additional items to look for while leveling and a small section on hunting the mobs responsible for dropping the MI shield. I've also added a section on getting Salazar's Blade early in the game, as the additional pet really helps in leveling and taking on early boss monsters.

Last edited by thepowerofmediocrity; 06-13-2018 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:47 PM
Initiate

Hi

I can't drop suggested shield "Stonehide Fleshwarped Bulwark of Imposing Presence". In first post is info where can i find, I spend 7 hours for it, i killed +/- 250-300 Fleshwarped Commanders and still nothing.

Any idea?
Old 07-21-2018, 06:52 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by czoowii View Post
Hi

I can't drop suggested shield "Stonehide Fleshwarped Bulwark of Imposing Presence". In first post is info where can i find, I spend 7 hours for it, i killed +/- 250-300 Fleshwarped Commanders and still nothing.

Any idea?
You're looking for one particular MI with a combination of two rare affixes... you could be looking for the rest of your life. That's not a joke, the odds are really that low. Sorry but your best chance is to use an editor to create this shield yourself, if you want a legit one... good luck.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:01 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by czoowii View Post
Hi

Any idea?
Taken from my equipment section on the shield:

Quote:
The shield is an open slot depending on what you have equipped at the time. Mythical Ravna's Guard gives you stats that best match the MI Shield, with nice Health Regeneration to boot. Mythical Final Stop also gives you Stun Resistance, a huge amount of armor, flat Retaliation damage (can't let the pets have all the fun), bonuses to Oak Skin, and a granted skill that reduces your opponents DA, a very nice thing if you feel your pets are lacking OA. While you are leveling, Empowered Defender of Devil's Crossing has the best DA bonuses you’ll find, and the knockdown proc, resistances, and Aetherial damage reduction makes this shield great to use. The shield is craftable, so seek out the Black Legion smith to obtain extra Aether resistance.
I have found the suffix "Of Imposing Presence" on quite a few shields playing normally, so I have reason to believe you'd be able to find it on a Fleshwarped Bulwark. If you can combine that with something that gives Pierce Resistance like Impenetrable, you have everything covered except Stun Resistance, and that's only really necessary in the Crucible.

If you don't want to take Swarm Queen Ravna Guard Shield, here's a similar build concept with Mythical Final Stop: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYDyggZ
Old 09-13-2018, 02:30 PM
Initiate

Great build and been following it but one thing that came up for me, just now starting from scratch Veteran mode; do I side with Anistaria or kill her?

Tried searching for running with The Outcasts faction but couldn't find much. Should I side with Captain Reave and kill her or disobey and use the faction?

Thanks and again this Pet build rocks!
Old 09-26-2018, 04:28 AM
Initiate

Everyone done with post? I've finished vanilla and on to AoM now but never spoke with the Witch so still have question, lol.

I can keep ignoring but if anyone has opinions; I would love to hear them about above post!

Thanks!

Tags
conjurer, pets