Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 03-31-2017, 11:41 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tora View Post
Who ever said it was a problem?
It's hilariously easy to just upload your char to it and post a link. It has loads of great features over grimcalc.

There's literally no reason to at least not include a grimtool link.
True but the biggest issue i personally noticed with any tool is that sometimes when it breaks it's left broken

Calc gave me this trouble with Demolitionist builds. Almost every patch Calc for demolitionist got broken and skill point distribution went haywire
They never fixed it and one had to redo the entire calc

GrimTools convenient, almost too convenient and it'd save anyone a lot of time especially since it includes item names, calc etc.

But if it were to break, it'd be a bitch of an itch

I guess some people can use it, but i have a scary number of builds here if GT got an error then it'd be almost 2x as much as work as fixing Calc since i'd need to redo a bunch of stuff. So i don't use it

I do respect the people who take their time making this stuff though. This is just my opinion. I would love to switch to GrimTools but it's new so i am willing to wait. My past experiences with Calc is the reason why i am a little hesitant to try this stuff.

EDIT:

I might add a the link due to popular demand on my new build

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 03-31-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:42 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Who ever said it was a problem?
It's hilariously easy to just upload your char to it and post a link. It has loads of great features over grimcalc.

There's literally no reason to at least not include a grimtool link.
I just did that

what can I say..old habits
Old 03-31-2017, 11:48 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
True but the biggest issue i personally noticed with any tool is that sometimes when it breaks it's left broken

Calc gave me this trouble with Demolitionist builds. Almost every patch Calc for demolitionist got broken and skill point distribution went haywire

GrimTools convenient, almost too convenient and it'd save anyone a lot of time especially since it includes item names, calc etc.

I guess some people can use it, but i have a scary number of builds here if GT got an error then it'd be almost 2x as much as work as fixing Calc since i'd need to redo a bunch of stuff. So i don't use it

I do respect the people who take their time making this stuff though. This is just my opinion.
Yeah i've noticed it can break at times too. I'm sure it's still being worked on though so hopefully it'll be less breakable in the future. But yeah i just wanted to remind people it exists and it works great most of the time. And it's really easy to just upload your char to it, filling out mastery points, devotions and all your gear together with augments and components will show up (most of the time, i've had times where my weapons wouldn't show up and i'd have to manually add them). So basically i'm not saying it should replace it, but just use it as an addition because of how easy and convenient it is.

Sorry for off-topic. Looks like a solid build fluff. I'd give it a whirl but i don't have much time to level any new characters these days
Old 03-31-2017, 11:51 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Yeah i've noticed it can break at times too. I'm sure it's still being worked on though so hopefully it'll be less breakable in the future. But yeah i just wanted to remind people it exists and it works great most of the time. And it's really easy to just upload your char to it, filling out mastery points, devotions and all your gear together with augments and components will show up (most of the time, i've had times where my weapons wouldn't show up and i'd have to manually add them). So basically i'm not saying it should replace it, but just use it as an addition because of how easy and convenient it is.
Nah, i understand your point

I am hoping for it to become more stable. It'd save us build posters a lot of time. Cause writing guides is tedious

You're right people need to be reminded it's out there and it'd be encouraging if build posters use it

I can't possibly edit all my builds but my new build will have a GT link

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 03-31-2017, 12:17 PM
Champion

nice one... another build to try out.. dont really care if a build is not effective.. crucible ready or hardcore viable.. as long as it looks good.. in the fashion department . then im in ! nice use of doombolt btw.. thanks fluffy!
Old 03-31-2017, 12:17 PM
Champion

Nice one
Great use of doom bolt
Old 03-31-2017, 12:22 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceXavieR View Post
as long as it looks good.. in the fashion department .
This guys knows what's up

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 03-31-2017, 01:05 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post

Just a heads up, unlike grimcalc, I use stable ids everywhere (items, affixes, set, skills, controllers, factions etc.), so this pretty much gurantees that all builds will always use the same data, at least I can't imagine how they can break.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:37 PM
Speaker

Nice build! I want to watch vs Nemesis in main campaign.
btw, name is wrong. Wendigo Totem -> Wendigo's Mark
Old 03-31-2017, 01:52 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammitt View Post
Just a heads up, unlike grimcalc, I use stable ids everywhere (items, affixes, set, skills, controllers, factions etc.), so this pretty much gurantees that all builds will always use the same data, at least I can't imagine how they can break.
Hmm, thanks

Like i promised when i get some more time the new build will use GT. Depending on the stability i'll use it on the future stuff

But i hope you can understand if i can't update all 20 of my builds despite the tool itself being convenient

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Tags
conjurer