Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 08-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluxaar View Post
I love this build for farming. I'm still trying to acquire a number of pieces of gear and relic recipes to get everything the way i want it. I have 300+ hours in game so far and certain gear/recipes are being very elusive!
The clearing speed with this build is insane, definitely one of the best for farming.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:41 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdanlalu View Post
Great stuff, thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
You'll definitely enjoy the build!
Old 08-29-2015, 01:13 AM
Praetorian

An alternative would be something like this build focusing more on Shaman then the Occultist.

% Total Speed may be lacking though with items you can get it to a decent amount and the pets will be tanky with your summoner also being a bit more tanky.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:49 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNyne View Post
You'll definitely enjoy the build!
I've been running essentially the same build for awhile now. Its great for farming. I always wonder why some people say Summoners have a slow clearing speed. I hardly have time to pick up the loot while my crew is killing things.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:42 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMasked View Post
An alternative would be something like this build focusing more on Shaman then the Occultist.

% Total Speed may be lacking though with items you can get it to a decent amount and the pets will be tanky with your summoner also being a bit more tanky.
I wouldn't call any of the pets tanky. They are far to bad at keeping aggro. I had hoped the Briarthorn to be similar to the Coredweller but he's just another Damage Dealer.
Primal Bond isn't that great. Damage Absortion is nice, Constitution is unnecessary, Bonus on Physical and Bleeding is useless. The damage bonus is lower than the Manipulation one.
The Primal Spirit on the other hand is very nice. It has a very short cooldown, so you'll have it more often out than not. Not necessarily stronger than the Briarthorn, but a nice addition. The bamfing can be a bit annoying, though.

Having played both, I'd say that currently Occultist 50/ Shaman 10 is stronger than the other way round.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:17 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I've been running essentially the same build for awhile now. Its great for farming. I always wonder why some people say Summoners have a slow clearing speed. I hardly have time to pick up the loot while my crew is killing things.
Do people really say that? Not just this build, but pet builds in general have really high clear speeds, some of them might be candidates for the fastest in the game when in comes to clearing mob packs. People are strange...
Old 08-29-2015, 11:18 AM
Advocate

Quote:

It's definitely a good alternative for people that want tankier pets!
Old 08-29-2015, 12:39 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNyne View Post
It's definitely a good alternative for people that want tankier pets!
Making the pets tankier is a waste of points I find. They are so easy to summon and the Hellhound has the ridiculous Blazing Death which kills almost everything in an AoE so you actually gain by it dying. Even if it didn't you lose nothing when a pet dies so it's pointless. Mobs don't kill the pets fast enough for the CD to be an obstacle.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacrymas View Post
Making the pets tankier is a waste of points I find. They are so easy to summon and the Hellhound has the ridiculous Blazing Death which kills almost everything in an AoE so you actually gain by it dying. Even if it didn't you lose nothing when a pet dies so it's pointless. Mobs don't kill the pets fast enough for the CD to be an obstacle.
Like I said in my first post, I personally prefer to just summon the pets again because this build uses so little energy. But if you want your pets to be more tanky, it's nice to know that you can do that.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Speaker

Quote:

I'm running something similar, but found the Grasping vines inferior to the classic Curse approach. I tried them out for a few lvls but removed them at the end.

Tags
conjurer, occultist, shaman, skills, summoner