Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-21-2018, 02:41 AM
x1x1x1x2's Avatar
x1x1x1x2 x1x1x1x2 is online now
Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
But did you see those 7 minute runs though with 3 buffs + 1 vanguard banner?
Banner also provides damage. The 4th buff doesn't provide that damage
__________________
Check my profile for some of my builds. Most are crucible viable, but will be adding pure campaign builds as well.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-21-2018, 03:38 AM
mad_lee mad_lee is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
Banner also provides damage. The 4th buff doesn't provide that damage
Didn't know that, damn
__________________
Check out my builds and guides to them (all Crucible Gladiator 150-170 capable) in my profile.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-21-2018, 06:39 AM
Mercymaker Mercymaker is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
Banner also provides damage. The 4th buff doesn't provide that damage
It provides a pretty significant amount of damage, usually enough to burst down most threats before they have a chance to wind up their attacks and buffs and such. There's a reason some builds have a difference of 2-3mins with and without banner, it that's not exclusively just due to a boost in OA
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-21-2018, 07:05 AM
x1x1x1x2's Avatar
x1x1x1x2 x1x1x1x2 is online now
Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercymaker View Post
It provides a pretty significant amount of damage, usually enough to burst down most threats before they have a chance to wind up their attacks and buffs and such. There's a reason some builds have a difference of 2-3mins with and without banner, it that's not exclusively just due to a boost in OA
Yeah. That's how very defensive builds who clear in 15 mins suddenly have 12 min clears with banner. Balanced to offensive builds have less of a dependence on banner because the damage boost isn't that big compared to what defensive builds get.

Still, 1 min difference is really huge when you get below that 8 min mark. 3 runs with banner is great for farming.
__________________
Check my profile for some of my builds. Most are crucible viable, but will be adding pure campaign builds as well.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-21-2018, 11:32 AM
Mercymaker Mercymaker is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 141
Default



With some minor changes in gear and constellation i was able to do 3 runs, no banner in a single blessing duration. I tried 5-6 times with mad_lees version but just kept dying no matter if i played aggressively or safely. I feel the minor changes made this both safer and more consistent but clear speeds are the same, even if it does look worse on paper.

Last edited by Mercymaker; 10-21-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-21-2018, 03:12 PM
mad_lee mad_lee is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercymaker View Post


With some minor changes in gear and constellation i was able to do 3 runs, no banner in a single blessing duration. I tried 5-6 times with mad_lees version but just kept dying no matter if i played aggressively or safely. I feel the minor changes made this both safer and more consistent but clear speeds are the same, even if it does look worse on paper.
Oh no, you removed dying god!! And Mark of Divinity!! It is safer that way, but bit slower. I think having green boots is kinda key here - more physical resist, pierce or vitality resist covered so you can use Ravager's Eye. Also I felt like Dying God was scaling wonderfully on this build. But for a safer playstyle your link is better.

Key to success when playing this build in highest waves of Crucible is not to try and facetank everything and reposition and sometimes kite. It is still a Conjurer.

Thanks for the input, btw!
__________________
Check out my builds and guides to them (all Crucible Gladiator 150-170 capable) in my profile.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-21-2018, 04:30 PM
Mercymaker Mercymaker is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Oh no, you removed dying god!! And Mark of Divinity!! It is safer that way, but bit slower. I think having green boots is kinda key here - more physical resist, pierce or vitality resist covered so you can use Ravager's Eye. Also I felt like Dying God was scaling wonderfully on this build. But for a safer playstyle your link is better.

Key to success when playing this build in highest waves of Crucible is not to try and facetank everything and reposition and sometimes kite. It is still a Conjurer.

Thanks for the input, btw!
I find dying god overrated on non vit or chaos builds tbh. And as you can see, i really didn't have too many problems facetanking when i couldn't before.

Last edited by Mercymaker; 10-21-2018 at 04:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-21-2018, 07:49 PM
mad_lee mad_lee is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercymaker View Post
I find dying god overrated on non vit or chaos builds tbh. And as you can see, i really didn't have too many problems facetanking when i couldn't before.
Yep, I checked the video out. I think Dying God is still very good because it has the best nodes out of all constellations (bar Aeon) and proc is massive for most builds even for those that have no cdr.

I will add your version to the guide as the safer one, although I still think that this build is not about facetanking all the time since it's a hybrid.

EDIT: I will also test Dying God and Reckless Tempest setups and compare their performance. Will post results later.
__________________
Check out my builds and guides to them (all Crucible Gladiator 150-170 capable) in my profile.

Last edited by mad_lee; 10-21-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-21-2018, 08:07 PM
Mercymaker Mercymaker is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
I will add your version to the guide as the safer one, although I still think that this build is not about facetanking all the time since it's a hybrid.
Never claimed it was, being able to facetank mean it's more durable. More durable means it's safer and leaves rooms for mistakes which in turn makes it more reliable is all And since it can clear 3 runs without a need for banner, i'd say it's in a pretty good place. Doing a 3 blessing run + banner would probably be best for farming though, since the banners really does make runs safer. Killing nemesis faster = safer runs.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-02-2018, 02:58 AM
mad_lee mad_lee is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,463
Default

Decided to make some changes to the build, didn't really like how Dying God devotion was being a bit wasted on a 0% cdr build.

So that's the new version of the build. I think it's more reliable that way.

Recorded a video of a 3 blessings/1 vanguard banner run, pretty fast clear time. For safer runs Mark of Divnity would preferred.
__________________
Check out my builds and guides to them (all Crucible Gladiator 150-170 capable) in my profile.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
conjurer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.