Old 08-04-2011, 03:00 AM
Advocate

Awesome Sauce!

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction"~ Blaise Pascal

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb
Old 08-04-2011, 04:00 AM
Praetorian

It is exciting to see that GD is getting more and more attention from media and all. Some of it probably the backlash on disappointment of certain game. Hearing it on the mailbox video of totalbiscuit sure carved a light smile on my face. Surely GD have been mentioned more frequent here and there. Hope GD will hit the headline when the alpha hit (headline on alpha?!). Oh the hype of it!

ps: cover story: Diablo 3 vs Grim Dawn!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...out-grim-dawn/

Rock Paper Shotgun has posted a rather extensive interview where Arthur Bruno talks about the casualization of traditional games, building a new fictional world, and, some of the things that he would like to have done differently in Titan Quest, among other topics.

Also, two new screens in the media section!
Nice interview. Thx 2 new shots. Night shot is awesome.

Keep up the good 'ol HC work!

Gold Reward:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqGP4LT_cYo&hd=1
Silver Reward:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puhioIlUz0Q
Old 08-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...out-grim-dawn/
Also, two new screens in the media section!
Great interview. I read in one breath.

Also screenshots are great. These monsters look real tough guys.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Herald

About the "you can't please everyone" philosophy, I think one way to look at it is that for the past decade or so the core audience has always been the "not everyone", and with games like GD it's nice to finally be on the other end of that argument.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Champion

Very nice interview with a good length. Looks like RPS really likes GD, they have written about it a few times now.

The commentaries under the article are very nice to read. You should read them as well medierra, it will give a you a nice warm feeling and all of you guys from Crate deserve that!

"Buying things enhances my gaming experience."
Old 08-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Acolyte

These were some of my favorite comments. I agree so fully with them, and they do a great job of summing up my frustration with many of today's games.

Quote:
I love systems that are asymmetrical and chaotic, where the player can’t easily see the tell-tale structure and patterns of deliberate, organized human design. The real world isn’t always perfectly planned or sensible and I don’t think game worlds should be either, otherwise you see the hand of the developers everywhere you look and it erodes the magic of feeling like you are in a living and unpredictable world. Exploration of game systems is all about the discovery of what is possible. When there is too clear a structure and pattern to the design, not only does it feel artificial but the player is much more quickly able to assess the limits of the system.
Quote:
To court the casual audience, developers are simplifying game systems and minimizing the potential for inexperienced players to make bad choices. They’re reducing the amount of time it takes to finish games, adding a constant stream of visible rewards for increasingly simplified achievements, and allowing players to pay for success when the effort of achieving it through the game proves too challenging or time consuming.
All I can say is keep it up!
Give me a difficult game I need to commit to. -One that isn't holding my hand all the way through and leaving me a 'trail of bread crumbs' to follow.
Give me a game that scares me, frustrates me, and ultimately gives me the fantastic satisfaction of winning because it was hard and I had to invest some time and effort to finish it!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Initiate

A member of my "usual forum" said that he is afraid of the economic system, that extensions must be prepared in advance to guarantee the balance of all the items/classes/etc. I agree with him.

Can you said some words about it ? Do you have some tricks ? Would you change the loot tables ? The XP reward ?

Keep up the good work !
Old 08-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Champion

Awesome article, Thanks.

I just wish you guys could get a Publisher to help fund Grim Dawn.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Champion

BTW

In searching for other related articles by Arthur Bruno, I came across this.
It is a bit old, and from the time when Iron Lore was still developing Titan Quest, but I found it Interesting.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/titan...&mode=previews

Tags
interview, press