Old 05-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Initiate

Quote:

"I love systems that are asymmetrical and chaotic, where the player can’t easily see the tell-tale structure and patterns of deliberate, organized human design."

This is the exact reason I loved Dark of of Camelot and was bored of WOW within hours. Dark age balanced their system for RvR not for each character or each item. Like certain duo's could wipe full groups of people when played well or in the right situation.

This is also the reason D3 is seriously lacking for me. Right away I noticed every single skill in the game is based off of a % of weapon damage I really dislike this kind of lazy, simplied balancing system. You know exactly what to expect from start to finish on any skill you choose or any class for that matter.

Arthur you have some great philosophies regarding game design. I know you won't disappoint us. If you ever get stumped look to DnD for the answer!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Initiate

I'm just so impressed with Crate and Arthur. It's been a long time since I've heard a developer speak this way and mean it. Kudos.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Supporter

Finally, a believable head game designer.

Arthur Bruno is my hero.

DCUO & Skyrim
Waiting For
GW2(maybe), ESO, SO:TL DLC, Halo 4 and of course GD
Old 07-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Initiate

Quote:
I believe many in the more traditional, core gaming audience are starting to become frustrated with the changes they’re seeing to their most beloved games.
Hell yes, I am sick and tired of games being easy win, give all, no brainers.

Last couple years i've been playing games that are known to be tougher and adjusting the difficulty of currents games.

I am GLAD that Crate is making Grim Dawn a game that will be tougher than the junk out these days.

WELL SAID Bruno!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:33 AM
Initiate

Very lovely interview. The hardcore community is ready to support the developers...someone just needs to go out and get that slice of the pie.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vighorus View Post
Hell yes, I am sick and tired of games being easy win, give all, no brainers.

Last couple years i've been playing games that are known to be tougher and adjusting the difficulty of currents games.

I am GLAD that Crate is making Grim Dawn a game that will be tougher than the junk out these days.

WELL SAID Bruno!
I agree and good interview

Tags
interview, press