Old 09-04-2016, 09:49 AM
Herald

In your MOD, since the existing conversations are changed, the overwrite of the file is necessary when each user localize it.

Because this becomes the user's burden, could you build MOD by the conversation of the different name? The conversation files which need name change are "npc_event_01.cnv" and "npc_powerups_01.cnv".
Old 09-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matougi View Post
In your MOD, since the existing conversations are changed, the overwrite of the file is necessary when each user localize it.

Because this becomes the user's burden, could you build MOD by the conversation of the different name? The conversation files which need name change are "npc_event_01.cnv" and "npc_powerups_01.cnv".
whats the expected result and whats the current result?

FWIW, I don't think anyone should localize this mod, it is simply not popular enough to be given such care, its just something I do for myself, so its probably not worth your time to work on stuff related to this.

Some conversations have changed, new options were added. What would happen to those? With a translation, would these options be gone, or would people have both the english options and the translated options?

Basically if I change the file names for those, what would be the result? Keep in mind these files will still contain the original conversations, not just new options. It is the original conversation + a few options.

here are the conversation files you mentioned(link valid for ~24 hrs), https://a.uguu.se/3Ng4eHRjR8QV_conversations.7z

what would fix the problem? just change the filenames and it solves everything?

Last edited by Stormcaller; 09-05-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Herald

I think that your MOD deserves to be translated, and I have already finished translating. I look forward to the next update.

By the way, localization ZIP contains the texts of conversations. Since these texts were changed in your MOD, users have to overwrite those texts. In this case, users have to return those texts to the original text again, when returning to the original file.

When a user changes into the original crucible, conversation will collapse if it does not return to the original text.

If npc_powerups_01.cnv is npc_powerups_02.cnv, a conversation text will be a name of npc_powerups_02.txt. Since a text will not be overwritten supposing that is right, when returning, it is not necessary to do anything.

However, in your MOD, since the number of texts actually to be exchanged is only one, users' task is not large. Therefore, if your work is time and effort, please forget my wish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cruciblelt_01.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	12270   Click image for larger version

Name:	crucible_01.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	12271  
Old 09-06-2016, 06:54 PM
Initiate

Hey stormecaller,thank you for this great mod. I think the former crucible should be a lot more like this one, i.e a truly alternate way to level up and enjoy new characters.

The change to devotion rewards with tribute is very welcome and fits very well to crucible, now it may be a lot faster than history but it is fairly well balanced for a crucible experience.

Experience's changes seem fine.

Concerning loots, perhaps my RNG was meh during my 1-hour session, but I find that a bit more should be more satisfying, I felt like story was a lot more rewarding but perhaps It's not true...

If you can add a way to get scraps besides npc's acquisition it would be welcome too.

Whatever, thanks for sharing this good mod.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arko View Post
Hey stormecaller,thank you for this great mod. I think the former crucible should be a lot more like this one, i.e a truly alternate way to level up and enjoy new characters.

The change to devotion rewards with tribute is very welcome and fits very well to crucible, now it may be a lot faster than history but it is fairly well balanced for a crucible experience.

Concerning loots, perhaps my RNG was meh during my 1-hour session, but I find that a bit more should be more satisfying, I felt like story was a lot more rewarding but perhaps It's not true...

If you can add a way to get scraps besides npc's acquisition it would be welcome too.

If you check the vendor between each ten wave round you can usually buy 2 or 3 scrap no problem every time. Easy scarp!

I've noticed when I play crucible on the middle or higher difficulty I get a lot of legendaries...but others have told me they get plenty on Aspirant. Probably just RNGeesus.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman View Post
If you check the vendor between each ten wave round you can usually buy 2 or 3 scrap no problem every time. Easy scarp!

I've noticed when I play crucible on the middle or higher difficulty I get a lot of legendaries...but others have told me they get plenty on Aspirant. Probably just RNGeesus.
Yeah, thats my route as well personally doing. I haven't needed more scrap than I could get within reasonable time. I also just realized this was because I wasn't really crafting, and I had lots of iron that requires me to run the shop 50 times or more :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arko View Post
Hey stormcaller, thank you for this great mod. I think the former crucible should be a lot more like this one, i.e a truly alternate way to level up and enjoy new characters.

the "trade 1 tribute for 2 aether crystals" option existed because acquiring crystals is not a hard task, there are rifts close to those and they are not hard to kill, essentially free. In the crucible you couldn't get enough of those, specially before the current game version.

When you said this, I realize I have a level 50 character with over 150k iron. This character is crucible only, so its levelled faster than in game. I crafted calamity and some other items, bought towers(when it was 10k, too.) a level 50 character usually has way more iron.

A scrap costs 800 iron, crafting a random item is 2 scraps, their cost is ~2300 iron. this comes down to "I need 2 scraps for each 3100 iron I have". This is 50 times checking the shop, or logging in/back out.

So an option for "trade lots of scraps for lots of iron" is coming.
These trade options, perhaps could be useful for non-crucible players, as well.
I also noticed I just have enough materials to craft only two relics(even though I haven't used any of my components or drops), because of my tainted brain matter(pun intended) / ancient heart / manticore eye counts.
So I may add an option to "trade lots of iron(an amount that you would make equal to what you would collect if you farm those) for some of those materials"
I am level 50, I don't want to start the main game running the bridge killing a level 3 zombie, get to those areas to farm, do quests...
If anyone has a char with many recipes unlocked, please send me a pm / save file

(for other people about devotion, based on personal experience and some feedback)
The devotion changes(4 tributes per level, and you gain +1 tribute at each 10 rounds in this mod, so it comes down to 3 tributes in game)
at this exp rate comes down to: you can max out your devotion by level 40, if you focus on that task.
Usually, if you buy towers when you have iron, still save some tributes etc. you can max out your devotion by 50-60
which is ~20 levels earlier than the final level. I think this is reasonable. It may be earlier or later now, with the tower cost changes and such.

As for exp, glad you think its fine. I think it will be a little faster(by ~10%) in the next version and that'd be same as v0.1, which was described as "faster than farming in game, slower than questing in game".

About the loot, there is no changes from the game(since it doesn't have the database.arz in v0.2)
When I am leveling a new character, (I never get to end-game, but I go to mid-game) I always have at least yellows, usually a mixture of greens/blues after level 20-30, and not a single yellow when I am above ~30s

Another thing was, just changing the experience and devotion rates didn't warrant a loot change, since the loot was always at your level. Except that a character without this mod will do more runs at level x, while you will get above that level earlier. Even with this I always had decent items in my runs.
I'll see if they can be reasonably tweaked by changing a few numbers of the game, I don't plan on changing the reward scheme, but perhaps I can increase the chances a bit by a simple tweak or two. If I do this, it will not be as drastic as the exp rate change(which is more than double), so don't expect some great change.

And by adding back the tower changes, increasing the xp rate by ~10%, adding an option to trade iron for scraps, perhaps increasing the loots a bit, v0.3 will probably be the last version with meaningful changes. That comes down to about ~20 changes total, which is where I would finish.

Anyways, sorry for quoting you to write this, its a bit long Glad you enjoyed it ^_^
Quote:
I think that your MOD deserves to be translated, and I have already finished translating. I look forward to the next update.

By the way, localization ZIP contains the texts of conversations. Since these texts were changed in your MOD, users have to overwrite those texts. In this case, users have to return those texts to the original text again, when returning to the original file.

When a user changes into the original crucible, conversation will collapse if it does not return to the original text.
On each full run that I go up to higher waves or each 2 runs when I am not really trying, I find a new item or two that I would be wearing.

If npc_powerups_01.cnv is npc_powerups_02.cnv, a conversation text will be a name of npc_powerups_02.txt. Since a text will not be overwritten supposing that is right, when returning, it is not necessary to do anything.

However, in your MOD, since the number of texts actually to be exchanged is only one, users' task is not large. Therefore, if your work is time and effort, please forget my wish.
Oh thanks, I sent a pm. I will do some minor changes to the npc. Let me know when you are back, then I'll send you the mod files so we can be sure I am doing it correctly.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcaller View Post
Oh thanks, I sent a pm. I will do some minor changes to the npc. Let me know when you are back, then I'll send you the mod files so we can be sure I am doing it correctly.
Thanks, since I sent pm to you, please read it.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:15 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Thanks, since I sent pm to you, please read it.
Ok got it.

If any other ppl has any other requests, its probably time to post now.
heres my todo list, which probably breaks the game a bit, and also makes it useful for people who want to obsolete some of the grind in the main game:
  • increase xp rate by a bit
  • try to see if I can increase the drop rates
  • add the database changes back(strikethrough in the main post of this thread)
  • add an option to trade lots of iron for lots of scrap
  • add an option to trade lots of iron for brain matter / other crafting materials (this should have a high price, ofc)
  • add an option to buy inventory bags
which is probably oversteeping the initial bounds I set. of course there is the irony in making this mod, its essentially a mod that decreases the grind in an arpg, trying to make as little change as possible which is not what the majority of people modding their game look for

and with those changes this mod will be done. any last wishes?
Old 09-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Initiate

It would be so awesome, if you could add a version that has no xp gain (in the case of outstanding bad luck with loot from the chests)
I know, it's not so hard (and pretty much likely I can do it myself), but someone may find this very useful too
P.S. I'm in love with this mod. Thank you kindly
Old 09-08-2016, 08:50 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizZzaS View Post
It would be so awesome, if you could add a version that has no xp gain (in the case of outstanding bad luck with loot from the chests)
I know, it's not so hard (and pretty much likely I can do it myself), but someone may find this very useful too
P.S. I'm in love with this mod. Thank you kindly
me too thanks

though then you'd have to swap between versions.
so I'll add an option to disable/enable experience gain to the npc, shouldn't be too hard to implement.
and with this the change list this mod gets to the limit where I consider "ok someone can read this in a minute or two and decide to install or skip it, and if I continue this todo list it will probably become a mishmash. I like to keep this mod to the size where a modder can make it from scratch in 15 minutes if he has everything he wants to do in his mind

Let me know if you(or anyone, really) have any other requests.
I'll probably not add any new things after v0.3

Tags
crucible, experience, mod, modding, mods