Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 10-22-2017, 11:43 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfp4 View Post
Can I level this up and effectively play it without all these legendaries? Or rather, just work my way into the build?
I leveled my cold damage melee Spellbreaker as a melee from start to finish. Level as a spell caster might give you a false sense of security. Imho it is better to get used to the hit and run style early on. The legendaries allow you to survive longer in melee range while with lesser gear you have to learn to properly choose your target for SS and then kite around and keep your MoE and BB for the oh shit situations.
Pump at least 50 points into physique, more if you feel you need it. You might need some points in cunning and spirit but I advise to keep it to 5-10 points respectively.

If you feel the need for some added ranged, get Blade Spirit and Phantasmal Blades with 1 point and add the Falcon devotion this helps at least in veteran and elite.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:43 AM
Acolyte

Thank you InkOsk132 for updating one of the best build ever seen in GD imo.

How would you consider switching from 1H non-mythical weapons to a Lvl94 Soulrend well-rolled?
I'm getting a headache trying to find some upgrades, but for now no luck except for the boots and a non-mythical version of the gloves. So i tought Soulrend could make the farming easier...also didn't get any ring from Alkamos after over 30 runs
Old 10-25-2017, 12:14 PM
Initiate

wait
multiple -% resist stack now?
Old 10-25-2017, 02:23 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
Thank you InkOsk132 for updating one of the best build ever seen in GD imo.

How would you consider switching from 1H non-mythical weapons to a Lvl94 Soulrend well-rolled?
I'm getting a headache trying to find some upgrades, but for now no luck except for the boots and a non-mythical version of the gloves. So i tought Soulrend could make the farming easier...also didn't get any ring from Alkamos after over 30 runs
Soulrend is 2H. I'd recommend to use dual 1H instead(It's necessary to procs Belgothian's Carnage relic).

Anyway mythical legendary is an optimal choice. You could use non-mythical (lv75) instead.

my suggestion on other 1H are typical cold weapon like : Beacon of the winter's veil, Olexra's Chill, Shard of Asterkan etc.

About the rings. You can use lv75 or 94 variation. I farmed them at first release and get lv75 rings about 3 pairs in about 2X runs(drop rate was fix several patches later). The only way for now is keep farming SoT or wait until devs fix drop rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkintmc View Post
wait
multiple -% resist stack now?
Regarding to this thread.

These are what I call each kind of resistance reduction(RR).

XX reduced ... resistance = flat RR (don't stack)
- XX% ... resistance = stackable RR
XX% reduce ... resistance = amp. RR (don't stack)

The calculation apply like the link above. It always like this since old patch.
1. New Aether AAR Devastation Sorceress
2. Darkblaze Pyromancer Gunslinger
3. TSS Druid
"I'm not green MIs lover and I know how hard to get a specific one. So I'll avoiding post a build with exact greens"

Last edited by InkOsk132; 10-26-2017 at 03:45 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:34 PM
Initiate

How solid is this build without the set? Will it still work alright for farming with just random +cold/pierce legendaries or do I really need the full set and gear to make it work? Obviously it'll be a lot weaker but I just want to be sure I can farm my way up to BiS gear relatively painlessly.

I should add that I'm very new to the game and this'll probably be my first character. I leveled another character to 100 already, but I've heard its going to be hit pretty hard by the devotion proc nerf on Seal of Blades. This build looks exactly like something I'd enjoy, as I typically play bursty mobile characters in ARPGs.

Last edited by Shayd; 10-25-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:32 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayd View Post
How solid is this build without the set? Will it still work alright for farming with just random +cold/pierce legendaries or do I really need the full set and gear to make it work? Obviously it'll be a lot weaker but I just want to be sure I can farm my way up to BiS gear relatively painlessly.

I should add that I'm very new to the game and this'll probably be my first character. I leveled another character to 100 already, but I've heard its going to be hit pretty hard by the devotion proc nerf on Seal of Blades. This build looks exactly like something I'd enjoy, as I typically play bursty mobile characters in ARPGs.
Without the set.
- You'll be lacking of some skill points : Spend the skill wisely. Try to learn what is more/less important then fix it to suits yourself
- Different resistance configuration : Depend on what you're wearing. If you can't get all resistance to 80, take the upper row resistance to 80 or take whatever match your farming place to 80 first.

Anyway, deathmarked piece is considered as the last thing you should find.(Other legendaries can shine themselves. but DM need 4)

Another easy to find weapon is Loxmere's Frostblade from Loxmere mage at Plain of Strife(Star monster, not 100% spawn, spawn spot I knew before the expansion)

Closing
I don't know how weaker it will be. It is good if you could kill things fast, better if you're not squishy. Before the expansion, I prepared most items for this char from farming crucible dlc with my sorceress long time ago.

After the expansion release I also farmed for lv.94 items at crucible and trade anyone I farmed with. Some items don't get significant buff. So using lv75 isn't bad. Plus, I farm in campaign of new expansion and got somethings while testing&fix the build too.

MIs like alkamos' loots have the same name in lv75 and lv94 variation. If you got new one you can use it with old one too.
3. TSS Druid
"I'm not green MIs lover and I know how hard to get a specific one. So I'll avoiding post a build with exact greens"

Last edited by InkOsk132; 11-08-2017 at 05:28 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:11 AM
Initiate

Default new player

i dont have the expansion so i think i dont have all devotions avaiable, any replacements on quill and murmur?
Old 11-01-2017, 08:52 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryz0N View Post
i dont have the expansion so i think i dont have all devotions avaiable, any replacements on quill and murmur?
I suggest you could follow Elementoid's Spellbreaker thread for leveling or take this old setup with cheap gear : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9q3LVj
3. TSS Druid
Old 11-09-2017, 06:43 PM
Speaker

Possible variant on the build

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BoGADV

Improvements: Significantly more OA, more crit damage, more flat damage, marginally more resist reduction, more DA (original version is lacking DA, will get crit by basic enemies), more armor and more physical resist. 12/12 mirror. Capped stun resistance.

Tradeoff: 2k less hp, fewer passive circuit breakers.

Overall it will be taking smaller hits, killing things faster and will have mirror up much more often to supplement the lost Ghoulish Hunger and Turtle Shell. I will again emphasize that this version is MUCH less likely to get crit and heavy hitters i.e. Iron Maiden can full to zero you with a single crit.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:19 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xervous View Post
Possible variant on the build

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BoGADV

Improvements: Significantly more OA, more crit damage, more flat damage, marginally more resist reduction, more DA (original version is lacking DA, will get crit by basic enemies), more armor and more physical resist. 12/12 mirror. Capped stun resistance.

Tradeoff: 2k less hp, fewer passive circuit breakers.

Overall it will be taking smaller hits, killing things faster and will have mirror up much more often to supplement the lost Ghoulish Hunger and Turtle Shell. I will again emphasize that this version is MUCH less likely to get crit and heavy hitters i.e. Iron Maiden can full to zero you with a single crit.
Thank you for your suggestion. I think it's better than my old offense setup. I'd add it instead.

Actually, the defensive build is design to be capable to fight Grava'Thul. Who hit like truck and hard for medium-lower armor char to deal with. I tried with several setup including your kind of devotions.

I understand ghoul-behemoth-chariot-turtle may be too defensive, but they're necessary to upheal and gain life more than usual because new nemesis are brutally hard even we have good dodge+fumble. We can't count on only ADCtH while we can sometimes miss and dont have enough armor. As you see in the video I can sometimes facetank him depend on non-miss Attack.

About old stats, with that amount of DA, HP and defense like that it can solo gladiator crucible. Never had issue about getting crit from Iron Maiden or even Fabius with notch bone. In vanilla, pre-xpac I could kill maiden at 12 sec. So she is far from being my trouble

PS. Sadly, Swampdweller don't have mythical version yet. I used it too since 1.0.0.6 before get good Solael-Sect and Really Great pants proc is attractive to me. So I pick it instead.
3. TSS Druid

Last edited by InkOsk132; 11-10-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Tags
cold, deathmarked, shadow strike, spellbreaker