Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 04-04-2017, 01:46 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krag View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys, gotta farm some aether crystals and then I'll play around with devotions.
Tonic of clarity is also needed in case you need a full reset

Nemeses drop them as often as health potions

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 04-04-2017, 01:51 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Night's Embrace doesn't work anymore iirc
Doesn't work how? I'm just thinking the stats. The freeze thing got nerfed, but the stats are pretty good AFAIK.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:26 PM
Apostle

Just wanted to say you mention Eternal Haunt Ring to be BIS

It's not actually, currently Alkamos Set is BiS (if you take into account the plus skills)

Deathwhisper Leggings should be BiS damage-wise but overall build needs resistances so they are literally unusable in most ABB builds

MI+ Eternal Haunt works really well, but Alkamos Rings are currently superior

Eternal Haunt seems to be good for Aether but for Cold it isn't BiS anymore

--------
Quote:
Quote:
Nydiamar Mod
Old 04-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion, I think people usually go for BiS = best for damage in this specific build so that's what I went for with the Deathwhisper Leggings, if I start calling BiS some everyday defensive piece of gear, it's not going to be very build specific. I might as well remove the BiS stuff, just leave everything as suggestion and let people balance their offense/defense however they want.

I should go get that second Alkamos ring.

Also, what could be a good default shoulder armor that isn't a MI? I'm guessing Chilldread Mantle.

Last edited by Krag; 04-06-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:36 AM
Initiate

Hey Krag, I was thinking of starting this character as my 2nd because I found the crossbow and I tend to enjoy frost-based classes in games like this. any suggestions as far as leveling path, skills etc? i'd appreciate any help you feel like giving
Old 04-14-2017, 12:50 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mda View Post
Hey Krag, I was thinking of starting this character as my 2nd because I found the crossbow and I tend to enjoy frost-based classes in games like this. any suggestions as far as leveling path, skills etc? i'd appreciate any help you feel like giving
I'd probably level as a generic dual wield melee spellbreaker, either ABB or SS focused, it's up to you.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:30 PM
Speaker

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52220

I did a similar build. This build works perfectly with iskandra in that case the iskandra amulet is a perfect 1 for u. The Pet form the mount medal isnt that big deal evry pet builder try it and its shit. So i think the The Peerless Eye of Beronath is better options.

For the blade spirit the 10 poionts is waste of time, u njust need to use it to proc whirlpool. U can take viper and kraken too not a big deal.

Elemntal awekening is another usless waste of points, unlees if u need resist of that. U can reach cold, frostburn dmg 1000% without that. After that the % dmg doesnt count.

Merciless repertoire is the same as elemntal awekenign u can skip it too.

I know u get lot of +skill point in these, but its not worthyt. If u get iskandra or better gear u can change these.

Choton mentioned the alakamos rings. i think dont worthyt. The only thing u can use from that the Dread ring. The chance to deal, the cunnig and avoid % is good, but the other doesnt very good, and the proc from the ring even not god beacuse of the range. So u shoot people from far distance and 3 meter radius is very low.

The 20 30%cold dmg its too low, with 2 haunt u can get - 20% cold wich is a huge dmg boost.

Elemental strom is good trash killer, but there is better options for u i think. The resist reduction doesnt stack from that.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:44 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandi View Post
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52220

I did a similar build. This build works perfectly with iskandra in that case the iskandra amulet is a perfect 1 for u. The Pet form the mount medal isnt that big deal evry pet builder try it and its shit. So i think the The Peerless Eye of Beronath is better options.

For the blade spirit the 10 poionts is waste of time, u njust need to use it to proc whirlpool. U can take viper and kraken too not a big deal.

Elemntal awekening is another usless waste of points, unlees if u need resist of that. U can reach cold, frostburn dmg 1000% without that. After that the % dmg doesnt count.

Merciless repertoire is the same as elemntal awekenign u can skip it too.

I know u get lot of +skill point in these, but its not worthyt. If u get iskandra or better gear u can change these.

Choton mentioned the alakamos rings. i think dont worthyt. The only thing u can use from that the Dread ring. The chance to deal, the cunnig and avoid % is good, but the other doesnt very good, and the proc from the ring even not god beacuse of the range. So u shoot people from far distance and 3 meter radius is very low.

The 20 30%cold dmg its too low, with 2 haunt u can get - 20% cold wich is a huge dmg boost.

Elemental strom is good trash killer, but there is better options for u i think. The resist reduction doesnt stack from that.

All correct but Haunt Ring's proc doesn't stack with itself

So 2x haunt ring would be -10% Cold resistance (not -20%)

And -10% RR while is valuable in a build that lacks RR, it does fall behind the flat Cold and Frostburn provided through Alkamos Rings

Hence for the time being Alkamos Rings are BiS for Cold builds

--------
Quote:
Quote:
Nydiamar Mod
Old 04-18-2017, 07:18 PM
Speaker

Quote:
All correct but Haunt Ring's proc doesn't stack with itself

So 2x haunt ring would be -10% Cold resistance (not -20%)

And -10% RR while is valuable in a build that lacks RR, it does fall behind the flat Cold and Frostburn provided through Alkamos Rings

Hence for the time being Alkamos Rings are BiS for Cold builds
I still think that either are the 2 haunts or 1 haunt and 1 other are is equal in this case with the alakamos ring. The proc range is till low for ranged type builds.

And dmg is 1000% + so doesnt coutn that much most of the ring abilities. only the 2% avoid and % chance to do frostburn dmg worthyt. (U can dodge too, so the a % avoid not aply any time.)

If he will be go with melee i would say it is BIS. Then it makes sense the proc from the ring.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:05 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandi View Post
If he will be go with melee i would say it is BIS. Then it makes sense the proc from the ring.
I think the text is wrong and the thing procs on target and not on you.
I haven't tested extensively since I don't have the gear to cover up for the resists when I wear the Alkamos rings.

Tags
cold, crossbow, frostburn, ranged, spellbreaker