Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 01-20-2017, 07:15 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Yeah that's another route one could take, bind Manticore to CD CT and use Whirlpool with Blades. Personally it was too many buttons for me to push.

Btw, do you agree that the modifier for Pierce to Vitality conversion should be a separate transmuter?
With your toll tip dmg breakdown Im now 100% sure that manticore is better option than elemental storm. You will deal much more dmg and thus have better ADCTH.

Using it on CT is awful idea imho, best place by far for acid spry are P blades itself. Every single blade can proc acid spray, CT will proc it just once on one target, and CT has really limited range to be efficient even if that wasn't the case.

It would be interesting to have that kind of transmuter option.

Edit: OMFG Double rare Lox dagger :O
Edit 2: And double rare shoulders, Jesus man thats totally OP gear

Last edited by JoV; 01-20-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:00 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
With your toll tip dmg breakdown Im now 100% sure that manticore is better option than elemental storm. You will deal much more dmg and thus have better ADCTH.

Using it on CT is awful idea imho, best place by far for acid spry are P blades itself. Every single blade can proc acid spray, CT will proc it just once on one target, and CT has really limited range to be efficient even if that wasn't the case.

It would be interesting to have that kind of transmuter option.
-I've used Manticore (on a previous setup), and i can tell why you are saying it will have better results because i will be reducing Vitality/Chaos damage as well. Right?

-Tbh i am more comfortable using this setup. Which is the reason this is the only guide i mentioned so many gear options and added an alternate route for the devotion part for anyone looking for alternate setups

-Oh and Acid Spray bound to CD CT isn't bad, it's great for bosses (i know, i tried). Your point is valid for trash (since Acid Spray will only proc once). CD CT Acid Spray with Whirlpool is pretty OP. Again too many buttons for me. I only kept Night's Embrace cause i don't need to use that skill too often.

-(About the trasnmuter) I know right? I thought of it while levelling this and realized an extra transmuter would do wonders for build variety

Quote:

Edit: OMFG Double rare Lox dagger :O
Edit 2: And double rare shoulders, Jesus man thats totally OP gear

Don't do that
I am not the one with OP Gollus' rings (your BWC Sorc rings)

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 01-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Now the obvious way to do this in a Nightblade is to keep Lethal Assault up 24/7. I found it a little too tedious so i didn't go for that route.
You don't say... Can confirm the tediousness even though I ended up forcing myself to use it since it was too good too pass up.

So many ways to build PB, great skill. Interesting choice going for the cold damage, I'd have probably just used Clairvoyant + Blood Orb or something along those lines myself.

I've tried to compile a list of enemies that can't be frozen even with -freeze resist, maybe you'll find it useful:

-Any enemy near a hero with the "unstoppable" aura (unless you use nullification on the hero first)
-Warden Krieg (both transformations)
-High Priest Rolderathis (unless you use nullification on them first)
-Kalis Ka, the Bonehunter
-Pit Master Boris (unless you use nullification on them first)
-Frost Revenant (can still be stunned so w/e)
-Chillheart - Frozen (undead hero)
-Grand Priest Zarthuzellan (unless you use nullification on them first)
-Alkamos, Lord Executioner
-Swarm Queen Ravna (1st form only)
-Terraformer tower Aetherials
-Karroz, Sigil of Ch'thon (the Unraveler that follows can be frozen however)
-Chillmane Alpha
-Ragrathar Rageblood
-Bane'Galgalor, Guardian of the Gate
-Bloodlord Thalonis
-Loghorrean, the Voice of Ch'thon
-the Anasteria from crucible wave 137
Old 01-20-2017, 09:28 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobertooth View Post
-Lol, i literally posted on your 2h-Shotgun Winter's Embrace build asking for permission to copy this info off your thread. Thanks for this.

-Yeah, my first PB Caster was Chaos/Vitality PB Caster with DG and Wendigo and Doom Bolt nuke. Pretty straightforward setup so never bothered posting that one.

-This however is something most people don't go for, and people looking for cold casters end up using that shitty spell called TSS (well it's just shitty to me) so i posted a Cold PB build

-Lethal Assault doesn't do much for this build since unlike your build where the %WD of every projectile is high and the number of projectiles are low. In PB the %WD is low but number of projectiles are high. So i can survive w/o Lethal Assault, imho you should drop it too.
In that MQ video i saw it broke your flow to cast that stupid 3 sec buff. Since you are shotgunning and can freeze 90% of Cairn lethal assault is just a small buff. Still pretty sweet kill you got

--------
Quote:
Quote:
Nydiamar Mod
Old 01-21-2017, 12:03 AM
Champion

Quote:
Don't do that
I am not the one with OP Gollus' rings (your BWC Sorc rings)
One of them is w/o any rare affixes and other one has one (and its meh suffix of shadows), so even your ring combo that is used on this setup is more OP than those rings

I dont have any double rare golus, nemesis shoulders or sect pants, much less some MI wepon

Tho I do have some Cronleys

Last edited by JoV; 01-21-2017 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:21 PM
Apostle

Quote:

Hmm, i would like Malakadar's sword with good rolls, but as you know it's hard to side with Kymon's Chosen.

Btw, can you please explain again why lox's dagger is better than Malakadar's sword in cold/pierce SB or BM? I mean Malakadar's sword lies in the same speed class and has plus skills for execution

--------
Quote:
Quote:
Nydiamar Mod
Old 01-22-2017, 11:45 PM
Champion

Quote:
Hmm, i would like Malakadar's sword with good rolls, but as you know it's hard to side with Kymon's Chosen.

Btw, can you please explain again why lox's dagger is better than Malakadar's sword in cold/pierce SB or BM? I mean Malakadar's sword lies in the same speed class and has plus skills for execution
Huge flat frostburn, +% to crit dmg, more +% to cold, +% to frostburn and its innate cold dmg.
Same speed class yes, but its still slower, tho innate +% to atc speed on MDb compensate for that, and +to execution dont mean much.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:32 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Huge flat frostburn, +% to crit dmg, more +% to cold, +% to frostburn and its innate cold dmg.
Same speed class yes, but its still slower, tho innate +% to atc speed on MDb compensate for that, and +to execution dont mean much.
Ah, i guess that makes sense.
And what do you mean +to execution doesn't mean much? On a cold build shouldn't execution hit even harder?

--------
Quote:
Quote:
Nydiamar Mod
Old 02-02-2017, 04:02 PM
Apostle

Sorry i had missed out on the Keybinding section

--------
Quote:
Quote:
Nydiamar Mod
Old 02-02-2017, 04:56 PM
Advocate

Wait, you say you can easily freeze the nemeses?? I thought they have 500% freeze resist...

Tags
cold, cold caster, phantasmal blades, spellbreaker