Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 02-26-2017, 11:18 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobertooth View Post
Yeah, it is transparent, much like the MIs.
Isn't that like false advertising? The scythe itself looks cool in the inventory screen but they made it transparent?

Damn now i wish Alkamos wasn't a ghost at all atleast we'd have the original scythe for ourselves

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 02-26-2017, 05:29 PM
Acolyte

Is this build at all viable without nights embrace? I've got everything except for the blasted amulet. Would the new alkamos rings work at all?
Old 02-26-2017, 05:32 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdmongous View Post
Is this build at all viable without nights embrace? I've got everything except for the blasted amulet. Would the new alkamos rings work at all?
Yes it is

Night's Embrace is meant for Quality of Life it isn't central

The only thing you need is the helm

No idea about the Alkamos rings

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 02-26-2017, 07:13 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdmongous View Post
The build would work without the amulet, you'd even most likely get better kill times with empowered essence of beronath or a peerless eye, but it would most certainly be much less safe.

The defense granted by the skill is just ridiculous in the right builds. Here, with the CDR added with the scythe and my new 18% cast speed ring, stuff can barely move during the duration of Icechill. Shar'zul can't even get a single hit in sometimes, I can face-tank Maiden + Fabius for the duration in gladiator... It's that stupidly powerful.

I only have one of the two new rings (other one is bugged anyway from what I understood). While they do look very nice, the lack of resists really doesn't make them that appealing to me. Band of the Eternal Haunt is also pretty cool anyway.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:22 PM
Acolyte

Thanks for the responses guys I think I will try this one. The helm looks amazing.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:04 PM
Counsel

Default 1.009 update

Updated the OP with changes from 1.009, notably the might-as-well deletion of Night's Embrace.

buffs:
More reliable damage (more frostburn from mastery sources, cast speed and flat damage on amulet), more resists, more armor from crafting bonus on amulet, more DA from the jewelry augment freed thanks the the added resist on the belt.

nerfs:
No more heavy disruption from freeze on bosses, less OA even if it results in a bit better damage overall (about the same dps with 100% uptime as when Icechill was up with on Night's Embrace setup from 1.008), less max cold resist so reflect hurts a̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ a hell of a lot more.

edit: added a few up-to-date videos. Also I swear MoD procs almost never happened before I shot these but w/e
Also, with the elemental resist added on Elemental Awakening and the swap of amulet, ideal shoulders can now be Stonehide Zantarin's Shoulderguard of Attack... Someday.

Last edited by Sobertooth; 03-16-2017 at 11:29 PM. Reason: updates
Old 04-01-2017, 01:09 PM
Counsel

I have all the listed items, expect those crazy Mi's and that weapon. I have winter king's bane though, would it work as a replacer for soulrend?
Old 04-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Praetorian

Absolutely. I've had 2x WK's bane chars forever and they work well enough
Old 04-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekkuli View Post
I have all the listed items, expect those crazy Mi's and that weapon. I have winter king's bane though, would it work as a replacer for soulrend?
Yes, I cleared the whole campaign without a single death without any of the MIs and without Soulrend, here's how my setup looked like at the time: http://imgur.com/63qDJVw
Can't remember the armor augments but it was 3*overseer gaze in jewelry. Soulrend is a major upgrade though if you do manage to acquire it, it allows to not have to sacrifice a ring or the cold stone in order to get ADctH to a decent level.

Kill times on the no MI setup were about double of what you can see in the 1.009 videos, so that's with mandatory MQ kiting and dying to Fabius occasionally.

Tags
cold, spellbreaker, winter king