Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 02-19-2017, 07:05 PM
Advocate

I really don't like the fact that it is really the same... Lol 😁 And to get it worse it's -50%... Confused ;-)

The same rule goes for MI called Incendiary Shoulderplates but for Burn damage? It will be basically 20% reduction of Enemy resistances to Burn? Can you please confirm it for me ;-)

Ohh.. Nevermind, now i get it ;-) When reducing time by 50% while not changinge the amount of dmg, you get more dmg per sec... Or longer freeze when it's -50% reduction ;-) A bit tricky though..

Grim Dawn dla zielonych:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=916207134

Last edited by gregory_portman; 02-19-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:50 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
I am curious, how does this build do w/o ABB cast cause i think it should add to QoL of the build unless i am wrong
quoting the OP:
"- Lots of buttons to push, main attack skill cannot be bound to LMB. Possible to drop Necrosis for Deathchill relic, drop Blade Spirits and assign Whirlpool to Ring of Steel, and drop ABB and put the points into Ring of Steel. Performance would take a drop though: ~67 seconds to make the dummy reset with recommended setup to ~77 seconds if making all the changes, also runs out of energy for a couple seconds with the changes and not with recommended setup."

So it does work, just a bit less well. One big advantage of using ABB, is that LA lasts exaclty half the duration of necrosis, so you can easily know when to refresh the latter.

I'll take the opportunity to give my current thoughts on the changes with 1.008:
Since they drastically reduced the fumble chance on CoS and I can't even remotely feel in the slightest the reduction to enemy physical damage, I think the way to go in 1.008 will be to replace the sword with the new scythe legendary for the additional ADctH and the damage reduction on the proc.

I lose ~8% sheet dps on Winter King's Might, ~100 armor and 380 hp, but gain 13% ADCtH, 22% CDR, the nice proc, more skill points, and also 21% crit damage which makes the OA from ABB even more desirable. Might try to test with Chariot again and see if stacking OA with +81% bonus crit damage is worth more than just getting the cold node in Sage now. 33% CDR would also make the healing proc very desirable.

Along with the change to restless remains, I'd have more than enough ADctH that I could try to ditch Lifegiver signet in favor of something like an incorruptible bloodsworn/gollus ring of attack/celerity (in my dreams...) and be likely able to get a better pair of boots in the process.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:59 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory_portman View Post
There is 'reduced freeze duration' on icechill granted skill from amulet? You wrote that it's 'reduced freeze resistances', so is there a bug in the description of this item on gracefuldusk? Or how should I understand this stat correctly?
The descriptions on Graceful Dusk are confusing on some bonuses, such as "-50% Reduced Freeze Duration" instead of "-50 % freeze resistance" like it's written in game. Same for physical to vitality damage conversion that is listed as "30% Physical Damage converted to Health" instead of "30% Physical Damage converted to Vitality Damage" like it is in game.

When I update the OP I will make the links go to Grim Tools instead, it's usually up-to-date with the patches faster and I find it easier to navigate.

edit: also if it ever becomes impossible to freeze nemeses after the changes in a patch, then most likely replace the amulet with the Beronath one that gives the best results between the epic and legendary one.

Last edited by Sobertooth; 02-19-2017 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:08 PM
Praetorian

I also feel no difference in the reduced physical attack from enemies in Ultimate. They hit just as hard as before, making me think that they actually did nothing.

Fought my first Nemesis (Valdaran on Ultimate) with this build and dropped him in around 30 seconds while facetanking him. I didn't used Night Embrace combo mainly without it i can't cap elemental resist with it. I use Avatar of Mercy instead.

I'm also considering changing to Soulrend. I'll lose 5% health but gain more flat OA, an extra +1 to Nightblade and Soulrend has flat cold and no pierce conversion. Plus the proc looks really good.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:50 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post

I'm also considering changing to Soulrend. I'll lose 5% health but gain more flat OA, an extra +1 to Nightblade and Soulrend has flat cold and no pierce conversion. Plus the proc looks really good.
Soulrend should be better i think

But try getting any Alkamos Scythe of Fury, i think that'd be a big bonus

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 02-25-2017, 07:11 PM
Counsel

Default 1.008 build update

Ok, so finally took the time to revisit this in a bit more depth after 1.008 patch.

Swapped some gear:
*Soulrend in place of Bane of the Winter King for the ADctH and other great bonuses such as lots of CDR and damage reduction on the proc.
*This allows to free the ring slot from needing ADctH and I can use the ridiculous ring I got from the BoC vendor in my still futile quest for a Worldeater.
*This allows to free the boot slot from resists and get a more desirable item such as Golemborn Greaves (or ideally Paladin's of Menhir's Wall crafted boots... maybe one day)

Damage just sky rocketed, getting time to kill on most things down to about a half of what is was before the changes. Defense is more or less the same, the huge amount of ADctH and damage reduction on the proc of the scythe manage to counter the loss of fumble from CoS, plus fights are way shorter now anyway.

Tried ditching the 2 hp crossroad nodes to get Elemental Seekers as was suggested around the time I first posted the thread, linked to Necrosis. Getting 3 out all the time, but damage... isn't really impressive to say the least. Doesn't change much either way, new videos were shot using them.

Maybe Falcon Swoop on Winter King's plus Elemental Storm on Necrosis would get more damage than my current setup thanks to the CDR, but I couldn't find a satisfactory way to get that plus all the hp nodes I wanted and the 2 T3 constellation nodes.

Added a few new videos in the OP. Fed up of Shar'zul for now, but kill time is around 12 seconds, he dies at about the same time Icechill runs out without being able to do anything much like Sentinel.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:49 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobertooth View Post
For the sake of coolness update the main screenshot (the scenery one), it'd be cool to see Soulrend

--------
Quote:
Quote:
Nydiamar Mod
Old 02-26-2017, 11:13 AM
Counsel

Quote:
For the sake of coolness update the main screenshot (the scenery one), it'd be cool to see Soulrend
There, the travesty has been fixed and I even learned how to use paint to make the picture not take too much space with the 16:9 screen
Old 02-26-2017, 11:16 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobertooth View Post
There, the travesty has been fixed and I even learned how to use paint to make the picture not take too much space with the 16:9 screen

Btw, the scythe is transparent?

I saw the preview images of the weapon in DB and it didn't look transparent to me

--------
Quote:
Quote:
Nydiamar Mod
Old 02-26-2017, 11:17 AM
Counsel

Quote:

Btw, the scythe is transparent?

I saw the preview images of the weapon in DB and it didn't look transparent to me
Yeah, it is transparent, much like the MIs.

edit: it even has little swirling skulls particles at the end of the blade.

Last edited by Sobertooth; 02-26-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Tags
cold, spellbreaker, winter king