Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 01-26-2017, 02:08 PM
Counsel

Default About Getting constellation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyunyaa View Post
hello i am trying to put your devotions points but i cant now ... i just completely dont understand how / order for put the points ( sorry im learning game im new here )

What can i do now to continue your devotion build ? im stuck i think...

thank you for help
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaylingNB View Post
Having the same issues as the others above. Not sure how you can get Behemoth and Ulo in the devotion with the tree you posted.. I could be completely missing something

Thanks!!
You need to invest some point in low-cost constellation to get bonus until it meets the requirement of Behemoth and Ulo.

Then after you completed Ulo and Behemoth, getting their bonus. You can remove the points from those low-cost that you spent and those Behemoth and Ulo can still meet their requirement by their own bonus.

Actually, I developed the build further with MIs and some customize. But due to v1.0.0.8 is coming soon. I'll wait then test it before edit and publish my current build.

Sorry for ignoring the thread for few months. Now I'm available to play GD again.
1. New Aether AAR Devastation Sorceress
2. Darkblaze Pyromancer Gunslinger
3. TSS Druid
"I'm not green MIs lover and I know how hard to get a specific one. So I'll avoiding post a build with exact greens"

Last edited by InkOsk132; 01-26-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:32 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkOsk132 View Post
You need to invest some point in low-cost constellation to get bonus until it meets the requirement of Behemoth and Ulo.

Then after you completed Ulo and Behemoth, getting their bonus. You can remove the points from those low-cost that you spent and those Behemoth and Ulo can still meet their requirement by their own bonus.

Actually, I developed the build further with MIs and some customize. But due to v1.0.0.8 is coming soon. I'll wait then test it before edit and publish my current build.

Sorry for ignoring the thread for few months. Now I'm available to play GD again.
Wait the update so
WitchHunter- Ivy - WIP 25
Old 02-15-2017, 11:13 PM
Counsel

Default 1.0.0.8 Build update and Add some Advice

My Current BiS gear build with Alkamos' Rings

Major change is in the first page. I do edit them a lot and took me about 6-7 hours to complete it. I hope it'll useful for you all.

Grimcalc Build
No Bonus with Devotion
All Bonus with Devotion

The testing performance videos
16s Valdaran
15s Fabius // if he use blade barrier -> may be 18-19s
15s Madqueen
12s Iron Maiden
3. TSS Druid
"I'm not green MIs lover and I know how hard to get a specific one. So I'll avoiding post a build with exact greens"

Last edited by InkOsk132; 02-16-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:08 AM
Initiate

well i'll go with shard of beronath configuration, in that case u sugest take off ABB and go with IEE instead?

Another question, about your attribute points, all in pyshique? how much on cunning?

i was cheking yoor devotion configuration and i made some changes, more ofensives but no really diferent.

http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-9MjZES

the rest of the skill point is to complete the 12/12 bars and other skills that you need to get the max.

the thing here is... is really necesary the decapitator? is not better just sue the crecent moon and get the low resist as pasive effect and 1 extra NB skills?.

About the DW lline, just execution is the only GG skill for single target, all the other decrease your dps on bosses talking about the right att speed procs.

I just made today the SB with this set up, so i'm going to test on the nemesis and madqueen the diferent specs, but anyway i really like your damage on the videos.

Nice guide!!
Old 02-16-2017, 03:01 PM
Initiate

Hi. I would like to post my review of this build.

This is a full deathmark set-based spellbreaker build that banks on heavy cold damage as primary with minimal pierce and bleed involved. With a low CD shadow dance spam with ABB, this build hits like truck. It is not uncommon to see 140k crits flying around with heavy sustained burst on top. AOE damage is scary.

Survivability of this build is to be desired but not horrible given Maiven's sphere mitigates a good amount of damage. Not only that, Mirror and blade barrier offer invulnerability options. I have beaten gladiator crucible on this character with auras, and positioning, but it is very difficult. Surprisingly as well, there is some ADCTH from devotions that helps to keep this character alive a lot of the time. Another downfall of this build is the heavy energy usage; however, the ectoplasms help to manage this somewhat.

This build can roll through all nemeses, bosses (with exception of mogdrogen avatar), and play through BoC, SoT, and PoV (with some minor difficulty).

In conclusion:

Survivability: 3.5/5
Single target DPS: 5/5
AOE DPS: 4.5/5
Easy of play: 4/5

I will like to mention I use the exact gear mentioned in first post,included the updated alkamos rings. Played on 1.0.0.8.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:22 PM
Speaker

wordlife can you please post a review of all the current builds. your reviews is the only reason why I check the forums and play grim dawn
Old 02-16-2017, 05:40 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa10 View Post
well i'll go with shard of beronath configuration, in that case u sugest take off ABB and go with IEE instead?

Another question, about your attribute points, all in pyshique? how much on cunning?

i was cheking yoor devotion configuration and i made some changes, more ofensives but no really diferent.

http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-9MjZES

the rest of the skill point is to complete the 12/12 bars and other skills that you need to get the max.

the thing here is... is really necesary the decapitator? is not better just sue the crecent moon and get the low resist as pasive effect and 1 extra NB skills?.

About the DW lline, just execution is the only GG skill for single target, all the other decrease your dps on bosses talking about the right att speed procs.

I just made today the SB with this set up, so i'm going to test on the nemesis and madqueen the diferent specs, but anyway i really like your damage on the videos.

Nice guide!!
  • ABB+beronath : it is boost up dmg for a certain amount, but it need to apply both during fight. So the trade off is harder and more thing to figure out when fighting.
  • Pure beronath : you'll have 1+12 skill points left to spend. IMO, Elemental balance will shine with 2800+ OA. Other IEE line don't give the significant boost to dmg like Lethal Assault do.

Mine is 70 Physique, 10 Cunning and 10 Spirit. If you need to equip some heavy armor like Legplate of Valor, May be 80:5:5

About Falcon constellation, I'd recommend to bind it to Shadow Strike for 100% all hit to the target.

DM Decapitator, I need 2 things from it.
1. Full DM set : Getting bonus stat and skill, Reaper's Mark. It has been buff in 1.0.0.8 and it's something amplified dmg. (personally, I like the whole set so much)
2. Vitality Resistance
It is actually not necessary. Depending on personal interest toward a complete set or mixed. // I'd say DM is one among the few legendary sets those are worthy to wear full set.
It is ok to swap it with crecent moon or loxmere blade(with good prefix&suffix).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Hi. I would like to post my review of this build.

This is a full deathmark set-based spellbreaker build that banks on heavy cold damage as primary with minimal pierce and bleed involved. With a low CD shadow dance spam with ABB, this build hits like truck. It is not uncommon to see 140k crits flying around with heavy sustained burst on top. AOE damage is scary.

Survivability of this build is to be desired but not horrible given Maiven's sphere mitigates a good amount of damage. Not only that, Mirror and blade barrier offer invulnerability options. I have beaten gladiator crucible on this character with auras, and positioning, but it is very difficult. Surprisingly as well, there is some ADCTH from devotions that helps to keep this character alive a lot of the time. Another downfall of this build is the heavy energy usage; however, the ectoplasms help to manage this somewhat.

This build can roll through all nemeses, bosses (with exception of mogdrogen avatar), and play through BoC, SoT, and PoV (with some minor difficulty).

In conclusion:

Survivability: 3.5/5
Single target DPS: 5/5
AOE DPS: 4.5/5
Easy of play: 4/5

I will like to mention I use the exact gear mentioned in first post,included the updated alkamos rings. Played on 1.0.0.8.
Thank you for the review.

May I quote your comments add to the first page? as a feature and conclusion for the build.
3. TSS Druid
Old 02-16-2017, 05:52 PM
Initiate

You can use any part of my review
Old 02-17-2017, 12:30 AM
Supporter

I'm running a very similar setup to yours.

http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-8BIYpj

With all auras, constant buffs, and pneumatic burst:

My setup a lot of room to improve, however, and I think yours could too. I've opted for the Crescent Moon over the DM Decapitator for a couple of reasons. The first, and most obvious reason is the extra +1 NB. The second reason is that while the proc isn't as reliable as the 5pc DM skill, it drops enemy OA and DA by 100. This is huge for this build since it effectively buffs our OA and DA by 100, and this build struggles a bit to get both.

I fill the hole in vitality resistance with the Mark of Dark Dreams, although I do not believe this medal is BiS (I actually think it's pretty crap). I'm currently looking for an Incorruptible Ikrix Scale of Attack/Readiness/Vitality. I think that this medal would easily outperform any of the other medals available since this build really struggles for health, flat OA, and flat DA, and the extra health offered by the Ikrix Scale would be invaluable.

I could also cap out my bleed res, and come close to capping out stun res if I were to get that Ikirix Scale, and some upgrades to the pants and boots. It's also possible to cap out your resistances (minus stun) without an Ikrix Scale. With my gear setup I would only need to add an of Menhir's Wall suffix to my Purging Solael pants.

I also think that Peerless Eye is overall better for this build than Night's Embrace, even though the skill offered by Night's Embrace is really good. Peerless eye offers more than double the amount of flat OA that Night's Embrace does, and flat OA is hard to come by with this build. Peerless also offers elemental res while Night's Embrace offers cold res, which is already way overcapped and becomes a useless stat. Lastly, Peerless Eye's skill drops enemy OA by 100, which is another nice buff to the toughness of our squishy Spellbreaker.

I think that your OA is severely limiting the potential of the build. This build has such easy access to crit damage (I'm at 69%). Even with Lethal Assault up I your OA would be much too small (I'm guessing it's somewhere around 2400?). I recommend that you swap your weapon augments to Creed's Cunning. You'll lose some %frostburn damage, but you'll gain 44 flat OA, and 2 energy regenerated/second.

You should probably swap to Corpse Dust in your rings, you need as much health as you can get with this build. I'm not really sure why you would need Ectoplasm, I don't have any energy problems at all.

Lastly, I would recommend picking up 1 point in Blade Spirit, it is amazing for proccing devotions (I bind Whirlpool to it).

Anyways, those are my 2 cents. I was able to drop Mad Queen in 13s, but I only tried once so I'm sure I could do it faster.

Hope any of this feedback helps. I could also explain some of my other choices if you've got any questions on my setup.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:33 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpid View Post
I think that your OA is severely limiting the potential of the build. This build has such easy access to crit damage (I'm at 69%). Even with Lethal Assault up I your OA would be much too small (I'm guessing it's somewhere around 2400?). I recommend that you swap your weapon augments to Creed's Cunning. You'll lose some %frostburn damage, but you'll gain 44 flat OA, and 2 energy regenerated/second..
The Image I attached in my update comment and the first page is broken?

It shows in my laptop google chrome browser, but not in my smartphone with safari or chrome browser. Did you see it?
if not I'll re-upload the pics again.

1. Crecent Moon : it's ok as I reply in previous comment. I'll add both Crecent Moon and Loxmere blade into suggestion weapon to the guide.

2. Medal : I'll add Mark of Dark Dreams, Undying Oath, Mark of Divinity, Mark of Fierce Resolve, Black Star of Deceit, Empowered Apothecary's Sign, Empowered Bloodreaper's Mark and Ikrix Scale into suggestion medal to the guide

3. Peerless Eye of Beronath : I prefer Night's Embrace and mention about PEoB in suggestion. I think its skill is solid, obviously make the different and provide smoother play.

4. OA : After getting Alkamos' Rings. There's no issue about OA again. Mine 2488 and goes 2718 after procs. That's why I don't mention about any suffix about OA like "of Attack/Readiness/the Dranghoul". I think after procs about 2400-2600 is not different. And will be obviously feel different after 2800 or 3000+ for me. With that amount will shine 'Elemental Balance' worthy points spend. For DA it's never been problems to nightblade. // oldest build without Mis is about 2200-2300 OA -> 2500 after procs. // previous build with current MIs but no Alkamos' Rings is 2400 OA -> 2600 after procs

5. HP : I have already high %HP from different source, but lack of flat HP. I think my weapons augment is already suit to the build with Night's Embrace and help in flat HP. Only thing I worried about having too low flat HP is not enough to trigger Turtle or holding sometime for ADCtH. Getting Burst down, entraped or Skill disrupted is the weakness of the build.

6. Energy : I do have problems about energy for whole time I play Shadow Strike as a main dmg. Every spellbreaker I met and talk in multiplayer have the same issue. But there're ways to fix it.

Ectoplasmx2 is the easiest way. Just only hold your Energy pool last long enough for the potion CD.

If you have more flat energy regen you can count on Arcane Spark or different method to increase % energy regen, stack flat energy regen or absorb from enemies. Even -% skill energy cost is also fine too.

PS. If any link or picture are broken or not show, pls let me know. I'll re-upload it
3. TSS Druid

Last edited by InkOsk132; 02-17-2017 at 07:37 AM.

Tags
cold, deathmarked, dual wielding, shadow strike, spellbreaker