Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 10-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
I just don't bother posting those since they're nearly impossible to get w/o trading
No, when xpac just released it's still nearly impossible to get it if you don't use some cheat programs.
It can't be acquired via trading. There's no people have it for trade (except they use cheat programs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaeiO View Post
I just crafted 1000 daggers and only got one "Incanter's" without even a suffix. How much time did it take for you to get these weapons?
Even a Praetorian asking question, how you got the weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigvir View Post
This build is not for "new players". If you don't know where to farm these MIs, you probably don't have the recipe for the build-defining relic either.
Also these items are just a scale, you can set with just one affix item, or rare+magic one until you will eventually, if ever, get the BiS.
Same response like you did to Dragonstongue :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonstongue View Post
wow, lol, so suggesting I build a completely different build and later after I have particular relic make the build with a completely new character if I am understanding you correctly...I did state was newbie when comes to this game, so actual pointers might have been worthwhile.

was asking specific question(s)/concerns (was trying not to sidetrack) so basically, instead of I don't know linking the specific relic in question that is essential, you throw that comment out, how thoughtful...

Would be like saying "if you don't have fuel in your fuel tank, you can never drive your vehicle, so until you get a vehicle that has the fuel you need to drive it, I would look for an alternative mode of transportation" but no suggestions/directions either....how helpful, thanks.
You just too "harsh" to new player.

It's better if you explain where to get the godly rarely MIs, where and how to get it, and how long it will take time to pursue those MIs.
So that some limited time new player won't even bother to try "the nearly impossible builds"

That was why I asked if somebody know what cheat program is easiest to use to get those very rarely MIs and weapons?
So as I can try it instantly
Old 10-10-2017, 10:16 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuka View Post
No, when xpac just released it's still nearly impossible to get it if you don't use some cheat programs.
It can't be acquired via trading. There's no people have it for trade (except they use cheat programs)
What kind of world do you live in? Did you even bother checking the Trophy Room thread?
Heck I know alteast two self found players on this very forum who have equally good MIs if not better than mine

Quote:
Even a Praetorian asking question, how you got the weapons.
He wasn't a Praetorian back then, he became a praetorian just now and being a praetorian has little to do with anything. Heck if it matters I know Praetorian(s) who have better MI based builds than my own, are you suggesting he/she cheated to obtain those?

Quote:
That was why I asked if somebody know what cheat program is easiest to use to get those very rarely MIs and weapons?
I am not harsh to new players, I am harsh to whiners. Not to mention I am not the one who he was talking to in that post
If you want an alternative setup then show me what items you got and I can try to help you out but if you're going to insist this build is impossible without MIs then I don't know why you are still here.

It is pretty clear you lack knowledge of this game and rather than having an open mind and trying to learn you insist on whining
Don't bother replying if you're going to whine about MIs, if you want help you'll get it but besides that nothing more from me to you

Also, I don't know about item programs but GD defiler/ GD stash are pretty popular for skill/attribute resetting

EDIT
And just to prove a point - http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2m75lZj

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod

Last edited by Chthon; 10-10-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:53 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Same response like you did to Dragonstongue :
That's because both of you miss the same point: this build relies on a skill provided by a mythical relic. And due to the nature of skill, the stats this build accumulates differ quite significantly from your usual DW spellbreaker. To craft the relic you also need to know recipes for all reagents and relics required for it. That alone puts the build way above the "starter" tier.
Quote:
Why should anyone help you when the first thing to ask is how to cheat the items?
Just play the game and you will notice patterns to particular MI drops.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=206
Old 10-15-2017, 09:58 PM
Initiate

First time playing GD here! Jumped in on this guide because it seemed like a playstyle that fit me. I just got to reading the whole thread however and realized that "scourge" is required for this build. What would your recommendations be for direction of my lvl 30 spell breaker? Is it highly improbable to farm scourge on my own? I used the wiki to look up Mi's..is it hard to just locate them then pray for RNG for parts you need?

I'd love to continue with this build if possible. Thanks for the writeup and discussion.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:06 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by avnosherb View Post
First time playing GD here! Jumped in on this guide because it seemed like a playstyle that fit me. I just got to reading the whole thread however and realized that "scourge" is required for this build. What would your recommendations be for direction of my lvl 30 spell breaker? Is it highly improbable to farm scourge on my own? I used the wiki to look up Mi's..is it hard to just locate them then pray for RNG for parts you need?

I'd love to continue with this build if possible. Thanks for the writeup and discussion.
Blueprints are generally obtained through nemesis farming. Sorry since Scourge is a high level relic it'd be hard to obtain it at low levels try using another character to farm something

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 10-29-2017, 08:38 PM
Supporter

I was looking for a fun dual wield spellbreaker build, checked my inventory and it turns out I have Scourge and all the necessary pre-reqs to build it. Only a quick question so far:

Do relics scale as you level up? I am curious if Scourge will still be good at level 100 (I believe it's from the base game?)

Thanks for the build, looks very fun.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:44 PM
Campaigner

It does "scale" in a sense that the attack has higher WDM than capped Shadow strike with 0 point investment, on top of built-in 50% cold conversion. So its damage will grow with weapon damage.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=206
Old 10-29-2017, 09:48 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigvir View Post
It does "scale" in a sense that the attack has higher WDM than capped Shadow strike with 0 point investment, on top of built-in 50% cold conversion. So its damage will grow with weapon damage.
Ah that makes sense, thanks for the answer. I also just luckily ran into Dickie watching a stream and he also confirmed that Scourge will still be good. Nice to have such a helpful community.

Tags
cold, dual wield, scourge strike, spellbreaker